So, Revis is a Patriot...

ZachEY

Heh. Huge win for Revis. This guy gets paid like a king year after year.... his best season has already happened. Oh well, it's good theater at this point.

Now I really want Talib and have him completely out play Revis.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh. Huge win for Revis. This guy gets paid like a king year after year.... his best season has already happened. Oh well, it's good theater at this point.

He's still getting paid off of legacy.  This year he has to return to 2009 form, or his contract drops to the middle of the pack.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a one year 12mil dollar contract. Anyone?

He basically knew he was getting a 1 year 16 million $$ contract last year. Dude bets on himself and wins. Can't really hate him for it. I've never seen a player work the business side of the NFL to get paid any better.

The meltdown is the only redeeming part of all of this... Good stuff.

My favorite part is the Idzik-focused temper tantrums.  Because, you know, the guy who spent all of 15 minutes on the team with Revis and then traded him away totally should have known that the Jets absolutely had to sign a FA simply because of his prior career with the team back when he wasn't even a part of it.  As if Idzik has any reason at all to give the slightest bit of crap about any of that.

I think its best not to judge on March 12th.   How many times have the Jets had the best offseason in the AFCE? How many championships has it resulted in?  

Idzik is not going to build this team by dishing out large contracts to big name FA's at the tail end of their primes.   Look at Seattle's defense.  Speed and youth.  

No need to panic. Lets at least let the plan play out… 

My problem at this point isn't that he isn't dishing out contracts to big name FAs. My problem at this point is that he has done literally NOTHING besides sign Folk and Douzable. We've gone backwards since free agency started, if you can actually believe that. My God, if we're not going for the big names we should have at least been able to get a guy like Schwartz at G to plug holes.

I knew he would go to the pats because he hates jets fans and the entire jets team except rex, he's only about money. To hell with him.

Wait he went there because he only cares about money or hates jets fans?

Idzik is doing an awesome job!!! Sit around and do jack **** with your $40 million dollars. Let Revis go to our biggest rival. Let the tackles, the guards, the corners, the safeties and now even the receivers fly off the board and DO NOTHING.

Ok. Enough is enough. I stayed quiet while everyone is saying claim down....... Don't worry...... We dont want to over spend. Well what the hell do we need cap space for? I'm sorry I just don't get it. We don't have to over pay rookies any more. So who are we saving this money for? We have so many holes to fill and I've been glued to the tv for two days watching every other team improve. I'm not saying there isn't any one left be hell when do we get started? Or maybe it's just me

Good news is that we don't have to worry about him smothering our best receiver, we don't have any.

the genius of the jets....another thing, geno can only see half the field anyway, so who gives a sh*t about him taking away half the field, geno aint using it anyway. jets schoolin the pats

Ok. Enough is enough. I stayed quiet while everyone is saying claim down....... Don't worry...... We dont want to over spend. Well what the hell do we need cap space for? I'm sorry I just don't get it. We don't have to over pay rookies any more. So who are we saving this money for? We have so many holes to fill and I've been glued to the tv for two days watching every other team improve. I'm not saying there isn't any one left be hell when do we get started? Or maybe it's just me

No, it's not just you. I don't know what's going on, this is really bad news though. Not just the Revis thing, the whole free agency so far. Very, very bad.

My problem at this point isn't that he isn't dishing out contracts to big name FAs. My problem at this point is that he has done literally NOTHING besides sign Folk and Douzable. We've gone backwards since free agency started, if you can actually believe that. My God, if we're not going for the big names we should have at least been able to get a guy like Schwartz at G to plug holes.

I guess you don't like Guido Olinemen then.

Archived