So, Revis is a Patriot...

ZachEY

the bipolar jets fan....

"OMG we are gonna have so much cap space. idzidiot better not spend it on defense, especially not another farging cb, we neeedz teh offense"!!!!!

"OMG free agency started 3 minutes ago and we havent signed anyone.....WE SUCK, fire idzidiot!!!@!"

"OMG bucs released revis!!!!!! come home, revis!!! idzidiot better give him long term deal, we has the lootz, make him an offer he cant refuse!!!!"

"OMG pats signed revis, we are sh*t!!! jets are a farging circus!!!!! season over pats win!!! woody is krafts basement gimp!!!! revis would take us to superbowl heaven, fire idzidiot now!!!!!!"

Not sure how this is bipolar...

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be fantastic if we got either Gilbert or Dennard and they turn out to be the next lock-down corner.

Well, a lot of teams filled their need at CB these past 28 hours. CB's may slide in the draft to us.... maybe even to our 2nd pick.

If you take Mevis out of the equation, it still sucks for us, a great CB got signed in our division for a steal of a deal, and we need a CB, and have a sh*t ton of cap space.

Put Mevis back in the equation as our second best player ever and it gets ugly

$12M for one year of a CB, no matter how great, is not a great deal. The Pats went from Talib to Revis. An improvement, but not any world beating improvement. Pats burnt just about all of their cap space one player - which I know is frequently advocated for here, but is still not a good idea. I'm not concerned.

For Revis it's a steal of a deal, though. He goes to a winner, gets himself in the spotlight again, and hits free agency to cash in again next year.

Well, a lot of teams filled their need at CB these past 28 hours. CB's may slide in the draft to us.... maybe even to our 2nd pick.

Is there one in the draft that just had knee or shoulder surgery?

$12M for one year of a CB, no matter how great, is not a great deal. The Pats went from Talib to Revis. An improvement, but not any world beating improvement. Pats burnt just about all of their cap space one player - which I know is frequently advocated for here, but is still not a good idea. I'm not concerned.

For Revis it's a steal of a deal, though. He goes to a winner, gets himself in the spotlight again, and hits free agency to cash in again next year.

Talib got 26 million guaranteed.  

I disagree

agreed. its not a huge improvement. doesnt really worry me much

this kinda hurts. I don't blame Idzik however. this was a Woody level decision all the way. Idzik's first order was to trade Revis. 

zacktly...no WAY did Woody want that malcontent on his team again. Also, let Revis screw up half of the Patriots receivers the way he did with Sanchez. He was never able to get any continuity going with whoever went up against Mr. I'm so good in practice Revis. I'm one Jets fan who wanted NOTHING to do with that guy on MY favorite team.

Talib got 26 million guaranteed.

Six years, $9.5M average/year. If the guy plays as well as he's capable of, and stays healthy, it's a better deal than $12M for one year of Revis. If Revis plays well, he'll make more than $26M in two years.

Six years, $9.5M average/year. If the guy plays as well as he's capable of, and stays healthy, it's a better deal than $12M for one year of Revis. If Revis plays well, he'll make more than $26M in two yea

i know we all hate the patriots but 12m for revis isnt an awful deal especially for one year

zacktly...no WAY did Woody want that malcontent on his team again.  

I'm one Jets fan who wanted NOTHING to do with that guy on MY favorite team.

Hmm. Has any1 seen SoFlaJets and Woody in the same room at the same time? 

bottom line he's the best Jets draft pick for a generation. to have him on the Pats really is awful. It even makes a Decker signing useless. It's like pay all this money to Decker to have Revis shut him down? Why bother. 

Archived