Joe Jets fan

71 members have voted

1. 1. If one has to be a Jet

• Sanchez
    • Vick

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a pure on-the-field basis, I'd take Sanchez. He can play if put in the right offense and I feel he will do very well here if we can draft a WR with our #1 pick. But I feel Idzik will release or trade him, especially since Mrs. Ryan has a tattoo of him (she probably has one of Revis on her butt).

Sanchez, hands down. Vick is not good enough anymore to be anything but a PR disaster.

The whole reason they are bringing Vick in, it's to whip up the "we'd rather just stay with Sanchez" frenzy with the fans. It's reverse psychology.

In a way this thread is confirmation the franchise has hit rock bottom.

No it's not, but it's disappointing nonetheless.  Neither is the right choice. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Shaun Hill.  Josh Freeman.  Soon, Matt Schaub.  That's the pool we should be choosing from.  I don't want Vick at all, and I want Sanchez gone from this team.

Idk, having an honest debate, Sanchez vs. Vick, sounds rock bottom.

Sanchez vs. Matt Flynn/Jamarcus Russell/Jeff Tuel...  Besides, we're talking about potential backups QBs, not the only options we have to start. How bout the bollywood or quincy carter year? It could always be worse.

Sanchez vs. Matt Flynn/Jamarcus Russell/Jeff Tuel...  Besides, we're talking about potential backups QBs, not the only options we have to start. How bout the bollywood or quincy carter year? It could always be worse.

I'd say it shows how far we've come that we have a guy capable of being the unquestioned starter.  That has only been the case in 2002 and the first 11 games of 2008.  Ever since '02 its been Pennington vs Clemens, Carter vs Bollinger, injured Favre vs Clemens, Sanchez vs Ratliff, Geno vs Sanchez, and Geno vs Matt Simms.

It's Geno's show.  And in 2014 I think he'll be fantastic.

* Ducks *

I'd say it shows how far we've come that we have a guy capable of being the unquestioned starter.  That has only been the case in 2002 and the first 11 games of 2008.  Ever since '02 its been Pennington vs Clemens, Carter vs Bollinger, injured Favre vs Clemens, Sanchez vs Ratliff, Geno vs Sanchez, and Geno vs Matt Simms.

It's Geno's show.  And in 2014 I think he'll be fantastic.

* Ducks *

From all reports, Vick soured on the Jets because he didn't want to have to compete for a starting job, but now seems resigned to that's probably his best option.  I hate Vick as much as the next guy for his off-the-field transgressions, but this is the scenario we've all wanted: viable competition who if he loses out on the starting job, you feel comfortable enough that he could at least come in and not lose you the game.  He'd be the most talented backup we've had in about as long as I can remember.  Still a scumbag, but seems like a smart move. If Geno wins, it's a good move.

Vick. Neither can throw... Vick at least can kinda run.

1.  He's 34.  Like Forrest Gump, just like that, his runnin' days are over.

2.  When he does run he gets hurt.

3.  Do we really want Breno Giacommini protecting his blindside?  He's a road-grader in the run game but was a big reason the Seahawks were dead last in the league in protecting the QB according to FootballOutsiders.  Even with a mobile guy like Russell Wilson back there avoiding sacks with Family Guy Greased up Deaf Guy moves, he still took a ton of hits.

Even if you take the emotion out of it, Vick is the wrong guy to have here for spot-starts.

As a Sanchez-supporter I had a difficult time voting for Vick.  My decision came down to it being time to start a new chapter for this team, and ultimately the money.  If we are going to sit on our cap-cash and build through the draft, we need to pull out all of the stops and really dedicate ourselves to this "plan"...that means not grossly overpaying players this season if they're not a part of our long-term plans. 

I'd say it shows how far we've come that we have a guy capable of being the unquestioned starter. That has only been the case in 2002 and the first 11 games of 2008. Ever since '02 its been Pennington vs Clemens, Carter vs Bollinger, injured Favre vs Clemens, Sanchez vs Ratliff, Geno vs Sanchez, and Geno vs Matt Simms.

It's Geno's show. And in 2014 I think he'll be fantastic.

* Ducks *

if geno is the unquestioned starter we certainly have hit rock bottom ... in an even competition, I think Consuela beats him out

if geno is the unquestioned starter we certainly have hit rock bottom ... in an even competition, I think Consuela beats him out

Nope.  Geno and Sanchez were about even last year during camp.  Problem is, Sanchez had been in the league 4 years while Geno was a rookie.  Sanchez should have soundly beat him, but there he was, playing in the 4th quarter of the Snoopy Bowl because Idzik wanted to see more out of him before handing him the job.

With a full training camp and the blessings of Mornhinweg on Geno's side, no chance Sanchez would have a prayer in an "even competition".

Archived