The Official Draft Thread (1st Round)

Maxman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People genuinely thought we'd consider Manziel? 

I like the pick, love the comparisons to Sanders. Hope his range really translates into the NFL. The aggression may need to be cooled or he'll be a walking 15 yard penalty. 

Need WR help in the 2nd. 

Interesting

You were close dude... I was actually in complete agreement with you. The value of corners just lined up better with where we were picking. Pryor fell to us, imo. 

Anytime you are out of range of the blue chip players and you can add the best player in the draft at a given position, who can start right away, it's a good thing.

I like it.

Pryor, Cooks or Dennard were my 3 preferences given what was available. BPA is all I can assume happened there. I love this kids game. He's a beast.

Most important? He can start as a rookie.

Lots of WR options in R2 that'll be there. We'll add a developmental QB in the middle rounds... rooting for a QB here was the equivalent of rooting for another year of "waiting for the young guys to be ready".

I thought it would be Dennard but I also thought Pryor would be off the board.

Figured it would be Dennard but I'm not going to second guess Rex on which DB he liked more.  More options at WR in round 2.  I'm good with this pick.

Idzik's scouting department is not called Rex.

A safety who can cover and hit? Haven't seen one of those on the Jets for a while.

very true and the funny thing is every eliote defense usually has an elite safety creating havoc just look at the Seahawks the Ravens the Steelers the Niners all had big time Safties in their SB winning years and the Niners well they have been right there as well

I thought it would be Dennard but I also thought Pryor would be off the board.

Same. 

I think we'll get the WR everyone wants in R2. The position is so deep... you can get legit prospects mid-R2. 

Pryor starts D1, that is huge. 

I think Dennard goes here to Saints, btw.

Archived