percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

I disagree.  No reason to do it now if that was the case.

To clarify, I don't think that's what Idzik was intending when he made the move, I simply think that's what it will ultimately end up being, with Rex likely gone after the year and the Jets probably bringing in 2 different QBs in the offseason (a vet signing and a draft pick).

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who did they cut to make space for Harvin anyway?  Was it that stupid ass Nelson, or one of those nobodies whose names we can hardly ever remember anyway?  you know... like one of the 3 different sh*tty kick returners they have

Yup. The immediate positive was not having to learn these losers names.

The timing is weird, but Harvin effectively won them a Super Bowl game by himself. Being he's a UF alum, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a huge a$$hole (cc: JiF), but it's a worthy gamble, imo

Remember the last time we traded for a twat WR who won the SB and got dumped by his team in his prime?

The bold really says it all here.  Dead on.

I think phase 1 was dump the bad contracts and stock up on picks.  phase 2 was get young and fast. (oops, they all got cut, lol) I think phase 3 is invest in veterans

If look for a lot of Seattle-Jets cross-pollination as time goes by. We have a lot of cap room, and they need to sign a lot of heavy contracts this offseason/

does this mean I can look forward to some make up sex ?  yippee !!!

you may be onto something with bevell.  it will be fascinating to see if woody has the guts to wait until seattle is out of the playoffs to hire someone

This move likely puts us out of position to draft Cooper, or any top 5 talent.

Basically all this costs us at this point is draft position. Hes not a traditional WR so I don't think it does a ton to evaluate Geno if thats the goal. It'll just let us further evaluate our incompetent coaching staff trying to get him involved.

So we get a stud playmaker in his prime for what is either 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick and people are unhappy. Who is the stud that we will be missing out on in the draft? As we saw this year the draft is a crapshoot, Harvin is established. This is a no brainer.

Harvin was a stud a few years ago. We haven't seen that in a long while. I like having him on this pathetic receiving corp. We all know we need help. I am concerned with his big contract coming over from Seattle, and I am not happy that Idzik made this move this late. He waited til were basically dead men walking. He could have done plenty to make us an 4 or 5 win team at this point.

edit: just googled. Says he is only 26.

Earlier wouldve been better but sounds like seattle soured on him. Probably recently.

So we get a stud playmaker in his prime for what is either 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick and people are unhappy. Who is the stud that we will be missing out on in the draft? As we saw this year the draft is a crapshoot, Harvin is established. This is a no brainer.

See this makes  sense

Its more of a crapshoot when your GM seems to be pulling names out of a hat 3 rounds too early.

What baffles me did they just realize it now ? That the needed to have Wr's and weapons to develop Geno. What were they doing in the off season when Nick was available or Steve Smith or in the draft ?

Yes that's what happened - he woke up this morning after last night's game - damn we need receivers. He called Seattle -"send me over Harvin I'll give you a mid rounder next year" - "sure John, thx"

@SI_PeterKing: Harvin was more difficult to deal with last year than anybody knows. He has real trust issues with people. No getting it back once lost.

Super Bowl.

He will love papa rex. This move proves rex is staying. Remember this post.

Archived