percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

The timing is weird, but Harvin effectively won them a Super Bowl game by himself. Being he's a UF alum, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a huge a$$hole (cc: JiF), but it's a worthy gamble, imo

No, see, we have to keep all of our draft picks except when we have to go get some weapinz except when we have to keep all of our draft picks except

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he Jets currently stand at 1 and 6 but this will allow them an opportunity to truly evaluate Geno Smith with some weapons around him. Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Kerley and Jace Amaro are all options in the passing game.

This is the most stupid statement I have heard. If they were so worried about weapons around him why the hell didnt they draft a WR in the first two rounds. This makes no sense.

Yeah. Insane. This move makes Tanny look like a responsible steward of his draft picks.

Idzik is a clown. This is a desperation move, clear as day. He wouldn't spend a penny when we had plenty of talent out there to secure. Wouldn't trade away 12 draft picks. Instead he blows the draft.. again. And now he trades away two solid picks for a guy no one wants and can't stay on the field. This is unbelievable to me.

I guess its two less picks Idzik can miss on.

Idzik is a clown. This is a desperation move, clear as day. He wouldn't spend a penny when we had plenty of talent out there to secure. Wouldn't trade away 12 draft picks. Instead he blows the draft.. again. And now he trades away two solid picks for a guy no one wants and can't stay on the field. This is unbelievable to me.

Um... there has literally not been a single source out there which has in any way suggested that the Jets are sending two picks.  The only speculation that has been seen about the value of this conditional mid-round pick was Clayton's claims that it's a conditional 4th that could go as high as a 2nd.

Um... there has literally not been a single source out there which has in any way suggested that the Jets are sending two picks.  The only speculation that has been seen about the value of this conditional mid-round pick was Clayton's claims that it's a conditional 4th that could go as high as a 2nd.

Oh. I was going off what a fellow poster wrote. Thanks.

This is a big boy move. He is only 27 and a stud playmaker. Not a lot to complain about here.

Conditional 2nd to 4th. Seriously.

2nd pick means he contributed big time otherwise its a 4th which means we do not draft Saunders. So compensation wise its not too bad a move.

Maybe JETS can be watchable again.

But this is a sure fire way to finish 8-8. What that ensure is no playoffs and no Top 10 draft pick.

Why would you  make that move at 1-6. Its not like the schedule was sprung upon us as surprise a week before the season began.

This is the mother of all head scratching moves!

You (and the 50 or so other people who made nearly the same post) do realize that Harvin is allowed to play for the Jets beyond the 2014 season, right?  Would it have somehow made it a better deal if the Jets had waited until February to make the same exact trade?  I can get not being a fan of the deal, but their current record seems like a really silly reason.  Not sure how doing absolutely nothing would have to be considered a better solution in this scenario.  If you think Harvin isn't worth the trade that's understandable, but the record has no bearing on that.

This is a big boy move. He is only 27 and a stud playmaker. Not a lot to complain about here.

Other then it being 6 weeks to late? He was going to be a FA after this season anyway. I could care less about the draft pick after watching what we did with 11 this year. You also need a smart coaching staff to get him involved.

What's not to like here, though?  We're not on the hook for any guaranteed money.  We got a stud playmaker (and, as Damien Woody pointed out on twitter, we can at the very least now get a look at Geno with a few WEPPINZ around him)

This could be seriously great, especially if we re-sign Kerley and pick up another wideout in FA.  Decker, Harvin, ___, Kerley, Amaro, Ivory.    No excuses for the QB at that point.

Other then it being 6 weeks to late? He was going to be a FA after this season anyway. I could care less about the draft pick after watching what we did with 11 this year. You also need a smart coaching staff to get him involved.

I hear ya but there was probably. 90 percent chance he was going to pats if we didnt do it.

Stoic, sitting in an armchair in front of a roaring fireplace, staring into the flames. It is the only light in the house. Quietly, almost inaudibly, we hear him singing. A snifter, half-filled with brandy, sits untouched on the antique sideboard. His song gets louder now. We recognize the tune, but the words have been altered...

Idzik! Who is this man? What sort of devil is he? To have me caught in a trap...and choose to let me go freeeee...

He dips his head, the words turn to a murmur, then the murmur, a hum. "Valjean, indeed."

Stoic, sitting in an armchair in front of a roaring fireplace, staring into the flames. It is the only light in the house. Quietly, almost inaudibly, we hear him singing. A snifter, half-filled with brandy, sits untouched on the antique sideboard. His song gets louder now. We recognize the tune, but the words have been altered...

Idzik! Who is this man? What sort of devil is he? To have me caught in a trap...and choose to let me go freeeee...

He dips his head, the words turn to a murmur, then the murmur, a hum. "Valjean, indeed."

POTW.

In my mind, stoic is trapped in the 1490's, standing on the Spanish shoreline with his trousers tucked into his boots, peering off into the horizon thinking.. "It can't be done.  They're crazy."

You (and the 50 or so other people who made nearly the same post) do realize that Harvin is allowed to play for the Jets beyond the 2014 season, right?  Would it have somehow made it a better deal if the Jets had waited until February to make the same exact trade?  I can get not being a fan of the deal, but their current record seems like a really silly reason.  Not sure how doing absolutely nothing would have to be considered a better solution in this scenario.  If you think Harvin isn't worth the trade that's understandable, but the record has no bearing on that.

Yes, actually. This season is lost, but this trade could help us win a meaningless game or two we'd otherwise lose this season, which will cost us precious draft position - as in, the difference between drafting a franchise QB vs another DT or CB.

Archived