Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

I'm not a reborn Sanchez apologist by any stretch and I don't suddenly believe that he is going to turn into Josh McCown or Kyle Orton. However, I do see his being let go as a massive indictment on Idzik because there really was no reason.

We had a player who was going to be coming into his fifth year in the league, by all stretches should have been working towards his prime- so after having healed for a year on the bench, he was sent packing in favor of an unproven, second rounder with a shaky college resumè and, honestly, less of a college pedigree than Sanchez, probably a lower Wonderlic too.

So you in turn sign Michael Vick to backup this new project in an understanding that Vick is a single year rental who never was expected to actually play.

In other words, Idzik went all-in on an undeserving prospect, with no contingency plan- and insult to injury, we probably have to sign another veteran now which is going to eat 10-16 million of his precious, freed up cap space which has put this team in the terrible position it is in to begin with.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he does well. I'd love to know if it was Rex or Tanny that dumped all of his targets in one off-season aside from Holmes. That's what sent him in a downward spiral IMO.

Cotchery was let go because he was coming off a knee injury and wanted a big contract. Braylon was let go because he was straight up insane and you couldn't trust him with a contract. Where Rex comes into play was in bringing in two of the biggest thug-turds in the history of the league to join Santonio Holmes, who was similarly a scumbag. This was during a period where Shaun Ellis, Tony Richardson, Thomas Jones, Brad Smith, etc--everyone on the roster you'd describe as a veteran leader--was leaving the team. Rex killed himself by filling that leadership void with swaggerific douchebags who destroyed the locker room.

I'm not a reborn Sanchez apologist by any stretch and I don't suddenly believe that he is going to turn into Josh McCown or Kyle Orton. However, I do see his being let go as a massive indictment on Idzik because there really was no reason.

We had a player who was going to be coming into his fifth year in the league, by all stretches should have been working towards his prime- so after having healed for a year on the bench, he was sent packing in favor of an unproven, second rounder with a shaky college resumè and, honestly, less of a college pedigree than Sanchez, probably a lower Wonderlic too.

So you in turn sign Michael Vick to backup this new project in an understanding that Vick is a single year rental who never was expected to actually play.

In other words, Idzik went all-in on an undeserving prospect, with no contingency plan- and insult to injury, we probably have to sign another veteran now which is going to eat 10-16 million of his precious, freed up cap space which has put this team in the terrible position it is in to begin with.

Sanchez was terrible in his last offseason here and had to go. There was no scenario in which it was a good idea to keep him, especially if Rex was going to continue on as coach.

Cotchery was let go because he was coming off a knee injury and wanted a big contract. Braylon was let go because he was straight up insane and you couldn't trust him with a contract. Where Rex comes into play was in bringing in two of the biggest thug-turds in the history of the league to join Santonio Holmes, who was similarly a scumbag. This was during a period where Shaun Ellis, Tony Richardson, Thomas Jones, Brad Smith, etc--everyone on the roster you'd describe as a veteran leader--was leaving the team. Rex killed himself by filling that leadership void with swaggerific douchebags who destroyed the locker room.

You could very well be right, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't say.  I get it though.  When we like or dislike somebody, we fill in the blanks with what we would like it to be, so I honestly don't fault you at all. 

Modern day example.  The Geno debacle in SD.  I felt like he should have been benched and I believe you did too.  I like Rex, so when he says that the starting QB is a "Jet decision" that tells me that he's not making the call and being pressed or overruled on who starts.  You don't like Rex so you just say he refuses to hold players accountable.  Neither of us knows who is right, but we pick the story that supports our opinion. 

You could very well be right, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't say.  I get it though.  When we like or dislike somebody, we fill in the blanks with what we would like it to be, so I honestly don't fault you at all. 

Modern day example.  The Geno debacle in SD.  I felt like he should have been benched and I believe you did too.  I like Rex, so when he says that the starting QB is a "Jet decision" that tells me that he's not making the call and being pressed or overruled on who starts.  You don't like Rex so you just say he refuses to hold players accountable.  Neither of us knows who is right, but we pick the story that supports our opinion. 

Who forced Rex into making Holmes a Captain?

Nobody forced him, that was a decision he made that resembles a lot of what I've seen in the military.  I've been through leadership courses that encourage you to take failing performers and challenge them with more responsibilities to see how they respond.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Rex knew Holmes was a POS and thought he could get him to grow up by putting a bulls eye on him.  I get the thought process, and I  understand that  not every motivational tactic works.  Sometimes they fail, and that's what happened with Holmes.

Nobody forced him, that was a decision he made that resembles a lot of what I've seen in the military.  I've been through leadership courses that encourage you to take failing performers and challenge them with more responsibilities to see how they respond.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Rex knew Holmes was a POS and thought he could get him to grow up by putting a bulls eye on him.  I get the thought process, and I  understand that  not every motivational tactic works.  Sometimes they fail, and that's what happened with Holmes.

Wow, I weep for the military.

Yes, give some who is struggling with maturity new responsibilities, BUT DO NOT STAND THEM UP AS A LEADER.

That is terrible thinking.

You could very well be right, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't say. I get it though. When we like or dislike somebody, we fill in the blanks with what we would like it to be, so I honestly don't fault you at all.

Modern day example. The Geno debacle in SD. I felt like he should have been benched and I believe you did too. I like Rex, so when he says that the starting QB is a "Jet decision" that tells me that he's not making the call and being pressed or overruled on who starts. You don't like Rex so you just say he refuses to hold players accountable. Neither of us knows who is right, but we pick the story that supports our opinion.

If you're not in the locker room, how did you come to the conclusion that Rex is a good coach?

Woody Johnson. Rex didn't have captains in 2009 and 2010 and didn't want them in 2011 but Woody pushed for it because he desperately wanted to make Sanchez the face of the franchise. When it blew up so badly in 2011, Rex went back to assigning weekly gameday captains. 

Woody Johnson. Rex didn't have captains in 2009 and 2010 and didn't want them in 2011 but Woody pushed for it because he desperately wanted to make Sanchez the face of the franchise. When it blew up so badly in 2011, Rex went back to assigning weekly gameday captains. 

Woody Johnson forced Rex into naming Holmes as a captain? Link?

Braylon Edwards did nothing "psycho" here except play his ass off. The real psycho who couldnt be trusted with a contract got a contract. Nonetheless, they were let go and not replaced.

At least you're not waffling.

Wow...where were all these Sanchez supporters two years ago!?

NOBODY made such a post then.

I cant believe what I'm reading. lol

Look at Sanchez in year three, he wasn't all that bad.  Or am I remembering incorrectly and they dumped all of his targets before his only legitimately productive season?  I'm  not being a smartass either...I literally can't remember when the mass exodus of his receivers occurred, but I think it was after his 26 TD passes, 6 TD's on the ground, and 18INT season.  Not great numbers, but it was a huge step in the right direction.

I need 53 points between Sanchez and Kelvin Benjamin tonight. Hoping for a light show.

So the guy who thinks John Idzik is a smart guy, and deserves a chance to bring in his own coach, has Mark Sanchez starting on his fantasy football team?

Seems legit.

At this point I hope Sanchez is a disastrous failure tonight for really one rather simple reason, so we don't have to read any more of this mindless nonsense about what a decidedly mediocre performance supposedly means about his brilliant future.

This poster may be the most intelligent poster in the history of intelligent posters. Mark Sanchez humiliated me on Thanksgiving, I have not been able to even look at a turkey ever since. Mark Sanchez ruined thanksgiving, I did not even know that was possible, but he did it.

This poster may be the most intelligent poster in the history of intelligent posters. Mark Sanchez humiliated me on Thanksgiving, I have not been able to even look at a turkey ever since. Mark Sanchez ruined thanksgiving, I did not even know that was possible, but he did it.

tumblr_mdxboqczAp1qaa3lso1_400.gif

Then you should be upset with Brandon Moore as he's the bad guy.

Look at Moore in the GIF.

Prior to Sanchez arriving, his left foot is being picked up off the ground, his shoulders are rotating, and Wilfork is already throwing him back. Look at his helmet reach the yardline before he gets hit by Sanchez.

Look at Wilfork in the GIF.

Watch his shoulders and back of jersey as he violently spins and lifts Moore off the ground.

Now look at Sanchez in the GIF.

He starts his slide before he hits Moore. Watch his knees bend and his helmet dip prior to contact. He's in the process of sliding. Mark Sanchez was running towards daylight and Wilfork threw Moore into him.

SAR I

dude is gonna light up the panthers tonight. it has to happen.

seeing our ex QB actually play well for a playoff bound team, is the only thing left to 'complete' the circle of misery.

i wouldn't mind either, i have jordan matthews on my fantasy team :)

or when jalen saunders emerges next year as the next devin hester :Nuts:

Archived