Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's beyond discussion that Sanchez was mishandled here. What remains to be seen is how much was wasted by mishandling Mark Sanchez.

Yep- we don't know for sure yet but coming out of that 2010 post season he was a capable starting QB IMO.

What our FO and HC proceeded to do with his surrounding talent was a recipe for disaster for almost any young QB heading into his third season. Sure some of the blame goes to Mark... he was immature, there were whispers and leaks that he did not study or work hard but you also have to look at what a cancer Mason and Holmes were.  

Think about it, QB finishes his 2nd year by elevating his game somewhat in the post season (or at the very least showing some promise) and he is rewarded with Plaxico, Mason and Holmes as the guys he needs to be in sink with and have a good working relationship with.

The O-Line and S. Greene also show signs of dropping off with the roster having no depth to fill the void.

Then just for good measure...just in case they have not completely destroyed any chance Sanchez had at success here, our FO brings the Tebow circus to town along with an OC that only they considered the master of the Wildcat.

I won't even get into John boy and Rex playing him behind 4th stringers during the Snoopy Bowl pre-season game in which up to that point he had clearly outplayed Idzik's bust of a draft pick Geno.

He could still turn out to be a disaster but our FO did nothing post 2010 to give him a chance at success.

Look what Mark Sanchez can do with a little bit of help

By Steve SerbyNovember 3, 2014 | 10:30am

Look what Mark Sanchez can do with a little bit of help

Eagles can't stop raving about Mark Sanchez

They might be calling him Señor Savior in Philadelphia.

Mark Sanchez doesn’t have to worry about Tony Sparano sending Tim Tebow in to run the wildcat. He doesn’t have to worry about playing garbage time in the Snoopy Bowl. He doesn’t have to worry about throwing the ball to Stephen Hill. He doesn’t have to hear “Buttfumble” taunts from the stands.

There is, after all, a division title to win.

And he might have to win it for the Eagles.

Nick Foles went out with a broken collarbone Sunday and Señor Savior — the artist formerly known as Sanchize — saved the 6-2 Eagles in Houston.

Sanchez came off the bench in the second quarter to throw a pair of TD passes — one of the two interceptions was not his fault — and engineered a clutch 15-play, 80-yard, fourth-quarter TD drive that consumed more than eight minutes.

Sanchez sealed his own fate in New York with his 52 turnovers in his last two seasons as a Jet. But he will have a chance to state his case now. He didn’t get to throw the ball to Jeremy Maclin in New York. He didn’t get to hand off to LeSean McCoy. He didn’t play for a brilliant offensive head coach like Chip Kelly.

Rex Ryan might want to keep that tattoo. Sanchez will be in hot demand on the free-agent market after the season. Good for him.

All the rookie WRs the Jets don’t have

Yes, Jets GM John Idzik recently added a talented playmaker in Percy Harvin — too late for Rex Ryan, too late for Geno Smith, too late to save the season.

There was an abundance of wide receivers in the draft who could have helped the Jets, but Idzik drafted Jalen Saunders (already an ex-Jet) and Shaq Evans (on IR) in the fourth round and Quincy Enunwa (practice squad) in the sixth round.

Now read this and weep, Jets fans — a list of rookie wide receivers making an impact this season:

Sammy Watkins (Bills): 38 catches, 590 yards, five TDs

Mike Evans (Bucs): 32 catches, 460 yards, four TDs

Odell Beckham Jr. (Giants): 10 catches, 106 yards, three TDs

Kelvin Benjamin (Panthers): 40 catches, 589 yards, five TDs

Brandin Cooks (Saints): 43 catches, 470 yards, two TDs

Jordan Matthews (Eagles):32 catches, 313 yards, three TDs

Donte Moncrief (Colts): 16 catches, 216 yards, one TD

John Brown (Cardinals): 24 catches, 326 yards, four TDs

Allen Robinson (Jaguars): 43 catches, 488 yards, two TDs

Jarvis Landry (Dolphins): 30 catches, 301 yards, three TDs

Martavis Bryant (Steelers): 10 catches, 107 yards, five TDs

Davante Adams (Packers): 24 catches, 263 yards, two TDs

…Allen Hurns (Jaguars): 29 catches, 466 yards, five TDs

…Allen Hurns (Jaguars): 29 catches, 466 yards, five TDs

with all these WR's doing well, the odds will tell you it was virtually impossible not to pick a good one,  add 12 picks vegas odds were 1 billion to 1.  Iddy has talent I tell ya, maybe he is not reading jet fan emails lol

Sanchez played well on sunday, he wasn't average at all. at least give him that. Now with a week of preparation who knows. He did threw some dilfer dimes this past weekend.

trust me, guys.....I'm not enjoying this. Sure, you would think that it would be a good feeling, to be proven right after you told the world that Sanchez WAS a very good QB, and a winner, when not one person would listen. But, trust me, being able to see through mass ignorance is an extremely frustrating gift....and in THIS case, it's downright painful.
Damn, I wish I was wrong......but I'm not and Lord knows I tried, but what could I do? smh So now I'm supposed to feel some sort of satisfaction because Mark Sanchez IS going to blow up before all of our suffering eyes....and there will be no where to hide for guys like Ray Lucas and Phil Simms.
Fellow Jet fans, I didn't want this to happen.

trust me, guys.....I'm not enjoying this. Sure, you would think that it would be a good feeling, to be proven right after you told the world that Sanchez WAS a very good QB, and a winner, when not one person would listen. But, trust me, being able to see through mass ignorance is an extremely frustrating gift....and in THIS case, it's downright painful.

Damn, I wish I was wrong......but I'm not and Lord knows I tried, but what could I do? smh So now I'm supposed to feel some sort of satisfaction because Mark Sanchez IS going to blow up before all of our suffering eyes....and there will be no where to hide for guys like Ray Lucas and Phil Simms.

Seems a little early for a victory lap, but knock yourself out.

I've got some good news for you then, there's still absolutely no evidence to suggest you were right.

Feel better now, don't you?  You're welcome.

Sanchez was better than Foles in college, if that means anything

Hence why he was a consensus top 2-3 QB in that draft.  Problem is he had a small sample size and spent a good deal of time throwing to wide open receivers.  And it was a very weak QB class.  So there's that.

Seems a little early for a victory lap, but knock yourself out.

Lol...ur right, a couple of weeks early, so I could get front row seats to watch all the turncoats jump on his ----. I mean, u have to cut me SOME slack considering how I was crucified for insisting that he was a talented, clutch QB who could win big games for you, pointing to his game winning drives, playoff performances and 37-31 record overall..and repeating the mantra that the GM had dismantled the offense around him. Its almost impossible to say nothing.

Still, I reiterate that Im NOT enjoying this. Plz, before u nail me to the cross a second time, realize that all the pain that Jet fans are going to feel in the coming weeks seeing OUR franchise QB playing his ass off for Philly, while we get embarrassed with Michael Vick......Ive been feeling for years now. :(

Btw. I dig ur avatar.

Lol...ur right, a couple of weeks early, so I could get front row seats to watch all the turncoats jump on his ----. I mean, u have to cut me SOME slack considering how I was crucified for insisting that he was a talented, clutch QB who could win big games for you, pointing to his game winning drives, playoff performances and 37-31 record overall..and repeating the mantra that the GM had dismantled the offense around him. Its almost impossible to say nothing.

Still, I reiterate that Im NOT enjoying this. Plz, before u nail me to the cross a second time, realize that all the pain that Jet fans are going to feel in the coming weeks seeing OUR franchise QB playing his ass off for Philly, while we get embarrassed with Michael Vick......Ive been feeling for years now. :(

Btw. I dig ur avatar.

i agree with you that sanchez is going to play well and win the comeback player of the year award.

my conviction has almost nothing to do with the man himself but rather the knowledge that whatever is most painful for jets fans usually happens. like you i hope i'm wrong.

i agree with you that sanchez is going to play well and win the comeback player of the year award.

my conviction has almost nothing to do with the man himself but rather the knowledge that whatever is most painful for jets fans usually happens. like you i hope i'm wrong.

Gronk has comeback player of the year all wrapped up.

Pettine getting HC of the year though lol

sanchez leading the iggles to the playoffs, revis in a bromance with brady, cro is one of the best corners in football

should be an entertaining run, lol

All 3 would have been enjoying success as Jets if there was just an ounce of competence. Unfortunately, between woody, tannebum, idzig and bradway...,they REALLY arent qualified to organize a pop warner team. Seriously. Not one of them arrived with a shred of football knowledge. smh LOL

Don't forget Pettine is in the running for Coach of the Year.

Pettine is in a different category tho. He's a Rex Ryan protege (the ONE guy in the organization who CAN spot talent) who was good enough to move on. It was very natural...and props to RR and pettine. I wish him the best.

The other 3 are painful gashes of stupidity inflicted on the most tortured fanbase in history. 3 exclamation points at the end of our most embarrassing season yet....capping off a four year free fall. smh

They should sign us up for another hard knocks, be entertaining.

Braylon Edwards: New York Jets 'babied' Mark Sanchez

Set to make his first start in two years on Monday night against the Panthers, Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez has billed himself as a "better version" of the quarterback who fell from grace in Gotham after guiding the Jets to back-to-back AFC title games in 2009 and 2010.

Former Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards played alongside Sanchez during those playoff campaigns and claims the passer's early success in New York's run-heavy offense came with a cost.

"You have to remember Mark was 20 years old when he was drafted. He was a kid." Edwards said Friday on WPEN-FM, per NJ.com. "They babied him and never really allowed him to man-up in the NFL, which is a league full of men."

Said Edwards: "We had a good team that allowed him to not grow up, if you will. When they took away the pieces, that's when you saw the decline of Mark Sanchez. Flash forward, I think those circumstances of his last three years with the Jets really allowed him to take hardship, take scares, and learn from them."

Eagles teammates see more maturity in Sanchez today, with wideout Jeremy Maclin saying the "sky's the limit" for a quarterback who, at 27, finds himself surrounded by more weapons and better offensive coaching than he ever received in New York.

As we mentioned on the podcast, if Sanchez can reduce his tendency for ugly turnovers, his physical skill set gives coach Chip Kelly plenty to work with. Besides, after two months of skittish play from Nick Foles, we don't see Sanchez as a drastic downgrade in what amounts to a quarterback-proof offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000424448/article/braylon-edwards-new-york-jets-babied-mark-sanchez

I am cheering for him but not tonight. I need him to sh*t the bed. Fantasy problems.

I hope he does well.  I'd love to know if it was Rex or Tanny that dumped all of his targets in one off-season aside from Holmes.  That's what sent him in a downward spiral IMO.

Archived