Is Idzik Done? Idzik has alienated staff, coaches By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Ken Schroy

While speculation persists about Rex Ryan's future with the New York Jets, the man on the warmest seat in the organization just might be general manager John Idzik.

Multiple sources within the organization tell ESPN that Idzik has alienated not just Jets fans, but those in the organization around him in the front office and on the coaching staff. Those sources in the organization said Idzik has not played the game of politics well, internally or externally, and it has cost him support in various areas.

[+]nfl_u_idzik_mb_300x200.jpg Enlarge
John Idzik has not only alienated Jets fans, but members of the Jets' front office and coaching staff as well, according to sources.

Jets management is aware of the unhappiness being expressed about Idzik and that is expected to be a consideration when Jets owner Woody Johnson decides just how major the changes he makes to the organization will be.

The people behind the website FireJohnIdzik.com, who raised money from disgruntled New York Jets fans to put a billboard near MetLife Stadium, announced Friday that it will distribute "protest towels" to fans at the Jets' final home, Dec. 21 against the New England Patriots.

The group produced 10,000 "protest towels" that will be available late next week in various bars in the New York/New Jersey area. Show a ticket to the bartender, and you get five free towels.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fire Idzik guys are not creating the internal struggle that's been going on for as long as the articles are alluding to, this has been a deep-seated problem that was manifested months before those guys got together.  

* deep seeded

I only did that because I remember you taking great joy in correcting my grammar awhile back.  :biggrin:

* deep seeded

I only did that because I remember you taking great joy in correcting my grammar awhile back.  :biggrin:

It's usually a joke, I don't particularly care about online grammar. But the expression has nothing to do with a feeling of being planted deep within one, but instead refers to its being seated firmly within one’s breast. It's seated ;)

I'm with sg3 on this... that fireidzik guy is all about making a name for himself...wait...what IS his name anyway? Yea well if I KNEW it then I would definitely be right. 

POTWN

that's right, I'm setting a new precedence by nomming MYSELF for a Post Of The Week...that's if we still HAD a POTW competition. 

Seeing him do Old Navy commercials is kind of awful. It's not as bad as Dre selling out to Apple, but it's pretty bad.

If 20-year-old Dre saw his roided-up, tight-fitted-shirts-wearing, apple-partnering current self, he'd probably shoot him.

He's a business genius and $2.6 million cash up-front is nothing to sneeze at, but this is the dude that gave us the chronic. Now he's gonna be a board member of Apple.  That's the American dream.

Who gives a fig if he has alientated the coaching staff and front office.  The coaching staff have failed horribly and the scouting and dvevlopment staff stinks as well for the most part.

Too bad so sad, he is going to fire the crappy coaching staff after the year anyways.  Dunbar is about thew only I could care to bring back, guys like Rex and Lal and Lee and the rest can gtfo.

Who gives a fig if he has alientated the coaching staff and front office.  The coaching staff have failed horribly and the scouting and dvevlopment staff stinks as well for the most part.

Too bad so sad, he is going to fire the crappy coaching staff after the year anyways.  Dunbar is about thew only I could care to bring back, guys like Rex and Lal and Lee and the rest can gtfo.

That's what you think.  He's going to get fired before he has a chance to fire anyone.  

I love the fact that the sole distribution channel is "various bars".  

people have been underestimating us all along. If you seriously think that we don't have a few more tricks up our sleeves then we look forward to proving you wrong. No worries, these towels will get in the hands of our supporters. 

people have been underestimating us all along. If you seriously think that we don't have a few more tricks up our sleeves then we look forward to proving you wrong. No worries, these towels will get in the hands of our supporters. 

Why don't you just hand them out to fans as they're entering the stadium? Wouldn't that make more sense than this "pick one up at the bar" idea?

Archived