Who do the JEts take #6? Jameis Winston or Amari Cooper?

Blackout

Do the Jets take Jameis or Cooper 6th?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Jameis Winston
    • Amari Cooper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a toss up I think. Thing is, will Jets have another top 6 pick anytime soon if they decide to bypass taking a QB this yt? Will they have such a prospect available to draft again in the near future if Geno fails? I voted Amari because he seems to be a safe pick. But I can easily make a case either way, especially since WRs are easy to find in FA as opposed to QBs.

Given the fact that I didnt have an option to pick "neither" I would suppose Winston would be the pick. You can have all the weapons you want, but if you dont have someone to utilize them then they're useless. Besides, for once we're not WR deficient and I'd prefer to draft WR Devin Smith in the 2nd rd. The difference between him and Cooper is popularity when it comes to fan fair. Cooper is a beast, but you can still draft a beast and get yourself a QB. 

If Geno ends up being the best QB on the team with Cooper and Decker as the WR's that might as well be considered a failure because both guys will probably be underutilized, but we will probably have another season of 15 picks and 4 fumbles. If Winston is the QB with Decker/Smith, then I would say that its a step in the right direction. 

I don't think pick Winston for the simple reason. The only way he falls to us over three teams that can use QBs (TB, TN, WAS) is if there were major red flags raised about him, and even teams desperate for a QB decided it wasn't worth it.

In a weird way, I would've had a better inclination to draft him if we were picking 2nd, with the hope that when we looked into him, we deemed that some of the stuff was overblown and the talent was just too much. However, at 6, we would know atleast 2 teams with dire needs at QB thought otherwise.

I pick Cooper because of it. Either Winston is going to be gone, or be proven too much of a head case.

I don't think pick Winston for the simple reason. The only way he falls to us over three teams that can use QBs (TB, TN, WAS) is if there were major red flags raised about him, and even teams desperate for a QB decided it wasn't worth it.

In a weird way, I would've had a better inclination to draft him if we were picking 2nd, with the hope that when we looked into him, we deemed that some of the stuff was overblown and the talent was just too much. However, at 6, we would know atleast 2 teams with dire needs at QB thought otherwise.

I pick Cooper because of it. Either Winston is going to be gone, or be proven too much of a head case.

not entirely true. Washington in my eyes have to release RG3/Kirk or maybe both. If I dont see these guys move then I dont see them whipping the slate clean and drafting Winston. Also, Tennessee said (though may be smoke) that they like Mettenberger. I think we have more of a chance of seeing Winston drafted #1 and being caught with it being Mariota and not Winston still on the clock rather than Winston Falling. Winston is a better QB imo. 

It's fun every year we all think who's the top players coming out of Collage. After the combine and senior bowl all that changes. The only one that won't move is Mariota Tampa are taking him at 1.

I say we take Oline, I don't think Cooper goes past the Raiders, plus the Jets arnt in a position to blow picks moving up. I'm wondering also if Rex gets the Atlanta gig if we could trade Mo to him? - Also on a sideline, I see David Harris going there to run his scheme.

I get the impression all you draft a QB guys are looking to start him immediately.  IHMO that plan is doomed to fail.  Neither of these guys is NFL ready so if you want to draft them then please expand on your opinion with how our new GM should approach the QB position.

To me Idzik said all the right things.  Draft is lifeline, BPA, competition, FA to fill holes, etc.  He just totally failed to execute his own plan.  I'm still for a need based BPA but only if the reach is within our grasp.  For example, the best OL in the draft might be far better pick then a project QB.  So let's hope/pray our new GM is up to the job.        

I get the impression all you draft a QB guys are looking to start him immediately.  IHMO that plan is doomed to fail.  Neither of these guys is NFL ready so if you want to draft them then please expand on your opinion with how our new GM should approach the QB position.

To me Idzik said all the right things.  Draft is lifeline, BPA, competition, FA to fill holes, etc.  He just totally failed to execute his own plan.  I'm still for a need based BPA but only if the reach is within our grasp.  For example, the best OL in the draft might be far better pick then a project QB.  So let's hope/pray our new GM is up to the job.

That may be one impression. The one I have is that the Jets don't have a QB. I think the record for 2014 speaks loudly.

I dont see either of the 2 being there. I voted for Cooper, I think Winston is going to Tampa. I dont buy the Titans sticking with Mettenberger and if Winston or Mariota is still on the board the Redskins will take one of them. If there is no QB on the board the skins might grab Cooper. I may be wrong but this seems to be a pretty weak draft.

I think you pick the QB, and enter camp with Geno and Winston splitting reps. Geno should, in theory, win out if Winston isn't ready, which would suit me fine. Geno can take the lumps while Winston studies, learns and targets the starting job.

If Winston wins outright in camp, so be it. Best man plays.

I think you pick the QB, and enter camp with Geno and Winston splitting reps. Geno should, in theory, win out if Winston isn't ready, which would suit me fine. Geno can take the lumps while Winston studies, learns and targets the starting job.

If Winston wins outright in camp, so be it. Best man plays.

I, for one, can't wait for the eventual dick pic contests.

Winston is complete sh*t and will be out of the nfl as fast as tebow.

What do you base that on? The fact that he has been accused of stuff he may or may not have done? On the football field, I see a big, strong armed QB playing in a pro style offense taking center snaps and all. I see a guy making all the throws necessary, and as far as Florida State is concerned he has done nothing wrong. This guy seems far more mature than Johnny freaking Football who is a total clown and a joke. He (Johnny Manziel) will never be a good NFL QB, but Winston WILL. And I hope it is for the NY Jets.

That's pretty much the last reason I wouldn't draft him. How many teams didn't think Aaron Rogers was worth it? Russell Wilson? Tom Brady?!? If your scouting team gives Jameis their top grade, you take him and you don't look back.

Agreed. Draft tackle at 6, move Brick to rt, sign Iupatti, dump Giacomini, and let Aboushi, Winters and Dozier fight for other g spot.

Have to consider an OT in that spot, but I don't see moving Brick as a viable option. He's just not enough of a mauler to play on the right side. He's getting long in the tooth, but I'd probably leave him at LT for this year, start the rookie on the right side, and move Breno to guard. Add a free agent guard, and I think you'd have a pretty decent OL there.

That's pretty much the last reason I wouldn't draft him. How many teams didn't think Aaron Rogers was worth it? Russell Wilson? Tom Brady?!? If your scouting team gives Jameis their top grade, you take him and you don't look back.

Have to consider an OT in that spot, but I don't see moving Brick as a viable option. He's just not enough of a mauler to play on the right side. He's getting long in the tooth, but I'd probably leave him at LT for this year, start the rookie on the right side, and move Breno to guard. Add a free agent guard, and I think you'd have a pretty decent OL there.

Rodgers wasn't worth it at the time, because his throwing motion was awful. GB coaches fixed it while he sat for 2 years. Even Philly sims didn't recognize Rodgers during training camp in his 3rd yr.

after FSU rolls up on Oregon, Winston could go 1. 

I do think there's a decent chance Amari Cooper could be there, however. He's not Calvin Johnson type of athlete. He's not even Sammy Watkins. Great player on the field but questionable how he will work out. 

Archived