Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the same money. The cap went up by over 8 % and we had to spend 89 % of it. Everyone's value has become inflated. Suh just got $19M per year. That's QB money under the old cap.

Some people are hell bent on analyzing the financials based on 2010 NFL contracts and cap limits. Every year they complain about over spending without realizing or acknowledging the dramatic changes in the financial landscape of the NFL. You just have to shrug your shoulders and sigh when reading their obsolete monetary judgments.

Seahawks?

Also, Titans GM + Whiz...hmm. A little too suspicious.

Jaguars obviously trying to act like they're not interested.

Seattle is close to Eugene and Mariotta isn't the only player working out. Why would Jaguars draft Mariota when they took a QB 3rd overall last year?

First of all, Leon Hall is absolutely terrible. He's not the same player he once was. Secondly, those other 2 guys I think play wide receiver but I'm not sure. Lastly, I never said no player has ever suffered a torn achilles. I said I don't know of a case where a corner tore his achilles and then bounced back from that injury (was able to bounce back let alone actually get better). Try again.

You don't like Leon Hall?  Try again?  Brent Grimes? 

Found these funny.  Macc is all bizness baby!

Found these funny.  Macc is all bizness baby!

Me likey! The man with a plan, albeit very good groundwork cap wise by Idzik.. :)

Two things though, do all men in the US wear baggy pants and why haven't I read anything about Kevin Patullo?

Would appreciate a quick update on that guy.

Seattle is close to Eugene and Mariotta isn't the only player working out. Why would Jaguars draft Mariota when they took a QB 3rd overall last year?

Of course Mariota isn't the only guy working out. But you honestly think arguably the best franchise in football sends their GM to a Pro Day to scout some special teamer? It has to be somebody they really covet. Maybe a key player they want late in the 1st or in the 2nd round but it's just odd that they'd be there and virtually nobody else outside of the top 5.

As for the Jaguars, Bortles looked like crap. They're not gonna give up on him just yet obviously but you still have to do your job. The Buccs won't pick Mariota but they're still there.

Of course Mariota isn't the only guy working out. But you honestly think arguably the best franchise in football sends their GM to a Pro Day to scout some special teamer? It has to be somebody they really covet. Maybe a key player they want late in the 1st or in the 2nd round but it's just odd that they'd be there and virtually nobody else outside of the top 5.

As for the Jaguars, Bortles looked like crap. They're not gonna give up on him just yet obviously but you still have to do your job. The Buccs won't pick Mariota but they're still there.

You're over thinking it. Eugene, Oregon is a bitch to get to for just about every GM other than the Seahawks GM.

Could be that he has ties to one of the lesser players there. Sometimes a GM will show up to see the son of a close family friend.

Archived