Report: Kaepernick on the trade block

jetscrazey

Couple of NFL writers out there claiming this.

Becoming pretty obvious that Harbaugh was his only supporter.  Management probably regrets letting Alex Smith walk just as his career was turning the corner.

Personally I want no part of a run-first QB.  Only a matter of time before this guy gets banged up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He fell off a cliff this year, but the little I did see from watching the Niners it sure looked like Harbaugh checked out early on in the season. Kaepernick is best out of playaction and they were running less of it, which seemed to get compounded by throwing a lot of low percentage passes, which is very unHarbaugh. The dude is hella talented from a physical standpoint and appears to be very coachable. I wouldn't throw in the towel on him just yet, if he lands in the right spot I would not be surprised at all if he rebounded quite fast.

so you're cool with a Geno vs Hoyer competition?

Nope, but I don't think Kaep is enough of an upgrade to justify taking on his contract. I'd take Glennon or Foles over him, and neither of them come with that price tag.

Keep in mind, if we trade for him the entire contract becomes non-guaranteed outside of roster/workout bonuses. Either way the contract didn't have that big of a signing bonus...he's very cuttable if sh*t doesn't work out.

QB's like Kaepernick and Wilson are good BUT you have to take into account that they have both played on great teams their whole career so all they had to do is manage the game decently and use their legs

The kid is a lot more than a game manager

Keep in mind, if we trade for him the entire contract becomes non-guaranteed outside of roster/workout bonuses. Either way the contract didn't have that big of a signing bonus...he's very cuttable if sh*t doesn't work out.

He is MOST definitely cuttable....after 2016.  Once the prorated bonus is taken out, he would be just under $5million dead money in 2016, but in 2017 it would be about $2.5, and then he would have no guaranteed money after that through to 2020.

I would love to get Kaep....

I would give up a lot to get him...He would work very well in Gaily's system - we have the money to pay him just not sure what trade bait.

If we're saying we'll be likely to give up a 3rd for Foles I would give up a 2 for Kaep.

I'm surprised at the lack of love for Kaepernick here, especially with Geno looming as the starting QB in 2015.  He would be a massive upgrade over Geno.  It can't hurt to kick the tires and see what the Niners want for him. 

This is a QB that has won playoff games - that has taken over games.

A year ago at this point he was looked at as the next superstar QB - he had a bad year on a dysfunctional team last year.  They were a mess all around...

And now - Jet fans - that haven't had a franchise QB in 45 years - wouldn't want to trade of this guy.

We can't hate everyone - If he's truly on the trade block - you give whatever you have to to get him.  And don't look back!

Archived