Did this team become a Super Bowl contender ?

JetsFanInDenver

Did we become Super Bowl Contenders  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Did we become Super Bowl Contenders and for how long

• No. We still suck.
    • No. We are still not SB contenders but may make the playoffs.
    • Yes. But our window is going to be for max 2 seasons.
    • Yes. We will be SB contenders for a long time to come.

So much action. I heard the JETS spent like 127 million dollars the past few days. Have seen so much excitement on these boards. Most people here sound elated.

So the natural questions is did we become Super Bowl contenders with all these new signings and for how how long ?

Edit: the 127 mill spent is on corners only.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No team is a Super Bowl contender with Fitzpatrick or Geno Smith as the QB.

That said, they very well could find themselves in the playoffs, and from there anything can happen, but to answer the question, no, they're not.

Not as of today. We dont have a QB. Even if we go 10-6 and make a Wildcard we cant depend on our offense to generate Points because we have a below average back up in Ryan that is our best QB at the Moment. And given his career, we may not even make the Playoffs given that he's never even seen one, and I dont know the last time he's played 16 games either.

A superbowl contender? No.

A division contender? Yes but they won't win the division.

A wildcard contender? Absolutely.

If Geno/Fitz/Whoever can throw anywhere in the area of 22 touchdowns to 10 interceptions, this team will go 10-6.

We are still very weak at the most vital position on the field.

So no.

What we should be is far more competitive, fun to watch, and interesting.

A playoff run would not be impossible.

Exaclty.  Last year watching the jets was like staying awake for  knee replacement surgery. 

No.  Right now this is a wild card winning team at best until they prove otherwise.  Still major concerns on offense.  It's going to have to be a lot of Ivory and Powell, and an effective short passing game.  I'd love to see Duke Johnson drafted to add another dimension to the attack.

Nope, obviously because of QB. Though beginning to think it's worth it to go after Mariota. Even if it means trading up and he's not ready to start for a year or two. The team as it stands now pretty much guarantees we're not gonna see a top 10 or 15 pick for at least a couple years. Can't let a possible franchise QB slip through our fingers. Hell, even if Mariota ends up being a bust, I won't be mad. Gotta try.

The planets would have to align nicely for the Jets to be a Super Bowl contender with Fitz or Geno at the helm. Either would have to play waaaaaaay above expectations. Wouldn't be surprised if the team makes the playoffs in 2015 though.

7B18C198-0617-4610-BBF0-73CFF36DC302_zps

BELIEVE

SAR I

Archived