167 members have voted

1. 1. Number of games

• One season
    • Half a season
    • 4 games
    • 1 game
    • Zero
    • Other - Fines, Raise, Full size statue in the Hall, etc

As long as he doesn't miss the 2 games against us, I don't care.

I want our defensive line and Dime LBers to Blitz the living snot out of him every play until he's eventually yanked for Jimmy G for Brady's sake & long term health. :-)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should be "indefinite"  like rice and peterson.  let him appeal to get back in

might be 3 games, then appealed down to 1

my batttered jets fan syndrom is telling me gooddell will apologize to kraft and brady and make the colts and jets pay for the expenses of the investigation

I think belly, brady and kraft should each be suspended for a year, but my prediction is that the Nfl sweeps it under the rug, a couple of fines and they lose a 3rd round pick.

I'm guessing nothing will happen to the team because of the report but something has to happen to Brady.

At this point i Don't really care what he gets. The NFL did what they wanted which was to delay the report until after the Super Bowl, free agency and the draft.

With that being said i think the NFL has to hand down a substantial suspension of at least 8 games. They go through a 5 month investigation, find that Brady likely had invovement in deflating balls and then Brady lies about involvement. I would have given him less if he came clean after the fact. The interesting thing will be Belichek. I don't think they will suspend him but really the punishment should be the same as Sean Peyton. 

Knowing Kraft's relationship with Goodell though, the "penalty" will probably be that the Pats will be forced to vacate all 4 of last year's losses.

Too much scrutiny this time I think for Goddell to go soft. Although I guess the penalty comes from Troy Vincent. If the NFL really wants to protect their reputation that come down hard, real hard. Much harder than the Saints penalties.

Brady and Bellichick suspended for a year. Precedent that the HC not knowing is not an excuse.

Maximum allowable fine for the Patriots. 

Lose of 2 firsts, and not eligible for compensatory picks for 3 years. 

Clearly defined penalties if there is a next time they are caught cheating.

Here's a link from the Miami Herald entitled:  Tom  Brady Discipline - Everything Being Considered.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/05/tom-brady-discipline-everything-is-being-considered.html

Not much to say about the actual disciplinary action.    Here's part of the article:

"The source said it would be wrong to think a season-long suspension will absolutely be the punishment doled out because that decision had not been finalized at the time of our conversation. But he also said it would be wrong to dismiss such an extended and seemingly improbable length of time as the ceiling for discipline."

"The source declined to give a discipline floor, or the most lenient discipline Brady is facing. Interestingly, the source did not mention possible discipline for New England coach Bill Belichick or owner Robert Kraft."

Troy Vincent,  Executive Vice-President for the NFL will be doling out the punishment.

Here's a link from the Miami Herald entitled: Tom Brady Discipline - Everything Being Considered.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/05/tom-brady-discipline-everything-is-being-considered.html

Not much to say about the actual disciplinary action. Here's part of the article:

"The source said it would be wrong to think a season-long suspension will absolutely be the punishment doled out because that decision had not been finalized at the time of our conversation. But he also said it would be wrong to dismiss such an extended and seemingly improbable length of time as the ceiling for discipline."

"The source declined to give a discipline floor, or the most lenient discipline Brady is facing. Interestingly, the source did not mention possible discipline for New England coach Bill Belichick or owner Robert Kraft."

Troy Vincent, Executive Vice-President for the NFL will be doling out the punishment.

That cleared it right up.

8 games. Garappolo goes 7-1 and brady gets bledsoed and never plays for the pats again. Traded to SF in the offseason.

Holy f*ck this is the most depressing thing I've read in months.  And we all know it will happen.  I was screaming for us to take Garoppolo.  He's not a Ryan Mallet.

2 games is my guess. The only reason I could see the league not suspending him though would be because the Pats won the SB and it would look terrible to have the MVP suspended for the opening night game.....but we'll see.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Disagree - no penalty will mean the "Probably" didn't hold weight. 

What it said was more probable than not.  This doesn't mean that it "probably" happened.  It is simply the standard to these types of rules violations.  How some people have been arguing that he likely didn't do it is beyond me.

I'd be fine w/ a zero game suspension if the NFL agreed to literally put an asterisk next to their SB win in the official scorebook/highlight videos, etc. To me, that would be the ideal penalty.

Sounds good to me.

I heard Vegas took down the line for the Pittsburgh New England opening game once the report came out.....so they're thinking there's a good possibility Brady is suspended for that game.

Archived