Should Bill Belichick have been punished ?

JetsFanInDenver

Should Bill Belichick have been punished ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Belichick have been punished ?

• Yes. He should have been punished.
    • No. He was totally innocent and did not know what was going on.

I cannot justify why Bill Belichick get's to go away from this scot free.

The investigation never looked into his role and the league ended up not punishing him at all. And how does the league justify punishing Sean Payton for an entire season while BB walks away from this with no punishment.

Not really. They trade out of picks a lot, normally draft in late rounds and make more of thier impact picks in the 2nd rounds or later...

So he'll have nothing to trade out of now...unless Brady develops a vagina in that 4 wk period and then he trades out of Brady for good!

Kinda sucks the ballboy and asst equipment manager lose their modest jobs, proof that the Pats* themselves admit they cheated.

Bellicheat should have had at least 1 game suspension to reinforce the concept that ignorance is not an excuse. Wonder if Bellicheat thought it really was his coaching that reduced fumbles....patriot way.....if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

Stripping that first round pick is burning Belichick to the core right now.

I keep thinking about how pissed his must be because of this impacts their preseason preparation and it makes me smile.

But I dont get how he wasnt suspended.  With Sean Payton it was ignorance isnt an excuse but that doesnt apply to BB?

If you go by what happened to Sean Payton he should be suspended but I thought the report said he had nothing to do with it.

If Bellichicken was actually shown to have ordered the balls deflated at any point, or been part of the scheme, he should be punished. Otherwise, no. Only Brady, his minions, and the organization. They got this one right.

If Bellichicken was actually shown to have ordered the balls deflated at any point, or been part of the scheme, he should be punished. Otherwise, no. Only Brady, his minions, and the organization. They got this one right.

Why the punishment for the organization? Acts were carried out at individual level. And if you're punishing the franchise, then you need to punish the man responsible for every act of the team, Belish*t.

Why the punishment for the organization? Acts were carried out at individual level. And if you're punishing the franchise, then you need to punish the man responsible for every act of the team, Belish*t.

I think Goodell is trying to save face here. He really took a beating with the light punishment in the Ray Rice saga.     Suspending Brady for 4 games still gives the Patriots a good chance for the championship. Fines seem to always follow violations.  The forfeiture of the 1st round pick (2016) and 4th (2017) is just to make it look good in that Goodell really came down hard on the Patriots.  

I think Goodell is trying to save face here. He really took a beating with the light punishment in the Ray Rice saga.     Suspending Brady for 4 games still gives the Patriots a good chance for the championship. Fines seem to always follow violations.  The forfeiture of the 1st round pick (2016) and 4th (2017) is just to make it look good in that Goodell really came down hard on the Patriots.  

You are right that Brady's 4 game suspension doesn't change who the favorite is to win the division..  But forfeiting the 1st round pick deprives them of what would be a very good to premium draft prospect with the potential to contribute for years.  It is by no means something cosmetic.  It is a very severe penalty and more significant to the Pats future than Brady's 4 game suspension.  Even the 4th round pick is not cosmetic.  It's purpose is to extend the punishment for another year just to stick it to the Pats for cheating and not cooperating with the investigation. A full year of pain waiting for the punishment to end.  A year long reminder: "Don't cheat!  or you get more of this."  Brady's suspension is a giant tarnish on his legacy.  It will be his personal asterisk forever.

But now we get to see what one WEEI caller said would be "the next Russel Wilson".  If Garappolo plays well they could easily win 2 of those games.  But they will lose to the Bills.  Rex eats baby quarterbacks for breakfast.  You will absolutely love that. 

BTW It is eerie watching you get sucked in by Rex the way we did.  It's like watching a slow car wreck.  3 yrs from now you will understand what we have been telling you.  Meanwhile, enjoy the ride.  Have your popcorn ready. :hap:

I think Goodell is trying to save face here. He really took a beating with the light punishment in the Ray Rice saga. Suspending Brady for 4 games still gives the Patriots a good chance for the championship. Fines seem to always follow violations. The forfeiture of the 1st round pick (2016) and 4th (2017) is just to make it look good in that Goodell really came down hard on the Patriots.

I agree with what you're saying. But I was quoting someone that said Belichick had nothing to do with this and so he shouldn't be punished n isn't. That's not how it went down in Bountygate.

I agree with what you're saying. But I was quoting someone that said Belichick had nothing to do with this and so he shouldn't be punished n isn't. That's not how it went down in Bountygate.

I also agree with you.  I think BB should be punished only because he is ultimately responsible for his team's actions on the field.  

You are right that Brady's 4 game suspension doesn't change who the favorite is to win the division..  But forfeiting the 1st round pick deprives them of what would be a very good to premium draft prospect with the potential to contribute for years.  It is by no means something cosmetic.  It is a very severe penalty and more significant to the Pats future than Brady's 4 game suspension.  Even the 4th round pick is not cosmetic.  It's purpose is to extend the punishment for another year just to stick it to the Pats for cheating and not cooperating with the investigation. A full year of pain waiting for the punishment to end.  A year long reminder: "Don't cheat!  or you get more of this."  Brady's suspension is a giant tarnish on his legacy.  It will be his personal asterisk forever.

But now we get to see what one WEEI caller said would be "the next Russel Wilson".  If Garappolo plays well they could easily win 2 of those games.  But they will lose to the Bills.  Rex eats baby quarterbacks for breakfast.  You will absolutely love that. 

BTW It is eerie watching you get sucked in by Rex the way we did.  It's like watching a slow car wreck.  3 yrs from now you will understand what we have been telling you.  Meanwhile, enjoy the ride.  Have your popcorn ready. :hap:

Great idea of having the forfeiture of the 1st round pick in 2016 and 4th in 2017 to serve as a reminder not to cheat.  I have mixed emotions about the Bills not playing the Patriots with Brady in the second game of the year.  I'd like to see how we do (with all the changes made this offseason) with the Patiots (and Brady).  Also,  if we do win (without Brady),   we are going to hear that we won with Patriots second string.  Then,  there's the thought that this is a real break.  I am not looking forward to playing the Colts and Patriots (full force) back to back in our first 2 games.  I am taking in everything that is being said about Rex.  I am really excited about all of our offseason moves.  However,  I want to see how this plays out on the field.  Maybe this is just a natural feeling of a fan who hasn't seen a playoff in 15 years.  I am anxious to see Greg Roman's (OC) playbook on the field.  He supposedly is loaded with plays.

Archived