I can't decide who I want to win Sunday- Bills/Pats

GREENBEAN

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to read through the 7 pages of this thread but I'll say this much:

I will always have a soft spot for Rex - as a person, I like the guy.

That being said, Rex's bravado will be the downfall of this Buffalo team.

There were a few members of the Bills that were chirping all week about this game, disliking the Patriots etc. taking their cue from Rex, I have no doubt.

The end result?

The Bills defense gave up 466 yds  passing, 507 total yds of offense and 40 points to Tom Brady & the Patriots on the Bills home field - which is just ridiculous.

I think Todd Bowles and his low key, no nonsense, professional approach will be a breath of fresh air and a welcome change for the Jets this year.

But make no mistake, the Patriots are going to be a tough team to beat this year - but that is not to say that they are unbeatable.

Rex owns that loss. The QB looked like trash and the OL wasn't far behind but the defense was horrific and that's Rex's strength. Worst of all one would expect with Rex's experience with DL the DL would have at least put up a fight but they were suppressed by a rookie-stuffed OL. If that DL had performed even a little better the bills might have won that game.

The penalty yardage and inability to adjust the game plan was classic sexy rexy.

I feel that the biggest problem with Rex my perception that he is not honest with his players.  He talks this bravado and encourages his players to believe that they can just go out and dominate because they are so great.  On the other hand, Bowles tells the media that Cromartie blew the coverage and caused the TD by the Browns.  Cromartie I am sure was not happy, but at least he knows that Bowles will not let him or anyone else get away with thinking that all they need to do is go out and skate by without being accountable.

It is about winning, not by being the incumbent like Kerley.  Kerley now understands that you must earn your playing time, and earn your spot on the team. 

For my money, it is Bowles over Rex.  And I really did enjoy Rex's time with the Jets.

Classic Rex (and players making playoff predictions, lol):

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- While Bills coach Rex Ryan took responsibility for Sunday's loss to the Patriots, Buffalo safety Duke Williams predicted the AFC East rivals would meet again in the playoffs.

"This loss is squarely on one man's shoulders," an aggravated Ryan said after the game. "It's on my shoulders."

One week after the Bills' defense heldIndianapolis Colts quarterbackAndrew Luck to a 63.6 quarterback rating, the Patriots gained 507 net offensive yards, including 466 passing yards from Tom Brady -- the most passing yards the Bills have ever allowed in a game.

"[Bill] Belichick out-coached me," Ryan said. "No question about it, and that's where the game ... that's how it ended up, and it's unfortunate. The plan has to be better on defense. Can't give up 500 yards and beat anybody, and then we turn it over three times.

"We did a horse s--- job and it's my responsibility."

Asked how Ryan was outcoached by Belichick, Ryan responded, "Hey man, I just know his team won. Again."

Despite the loss, Williams continued to express confidence in the Bills' locker room after the game.

"We came up short," Williams said when speaking on the Bills' response to an injury to safety Aaron Williams. "We're gonna come back though. We're gonna play this team two more times. And it's just a learning standpoint."

Asked to elaborate on whether he meant that the Bills would meet the Patriots in the playoffs, he responded, "Of course."

Rex can't help but make it all about him, even when he "takes the blame."

As mentioned, the false bravado is his undoing.  He gets his players head swelled and they act as undisciplined fools during the game.  The taunting by the D after giving up a TD was ridiculous.

Archived