Why not Petty?

southparkcpa

No one planned for this. many good QBs are starters year 1. 

The reasons to NOT put Petty in are clear, but why not?

We dont have many options. Why not see what the kid can do, no pressure, controlled offense.

Just curious as to others opinions....     He played in a top college program and what choice do we have.

I think they have to let Geno play to make an honest evaluation of him going forward. If he stinks up the joint, I could see them giving Petty a shot in game 13/14 like they did with O'Brien in 1984.

Im under the impression that Geno is not 100 percent.

Also... Geno needs to be put on a leash. He is his own worst enemy out there.

We dont have many options. Why not see what the kid can do, no pressure, controlled offense.

Just curious as to others opinions....     He played in a top college program and what choice do we have.

Because he is not ready.

Because Geno, today, is likely better for winning games than Greenhorn Petty.

Because he is NOT ready.

Because rushing him is how we've destroyed every QB for the past 10 years.

BECAUSE HE IS NOT READY!!!!

Will Petty save the season and led us to a super Bowl in 2016?  No?

Then no Petty.  Because he is not ready.

Because he is not ready.

Because he is NOT ready.

I was under the impression that Geno was hurt and was not an option.  So...  my thread is sort of useless. As are the JETS :)

The same reason we never went to Simms last year. The coaching staff knows FAR better than us if a guy is ready. I am one of those that hope that Petty becomes our franchise QB, but many here act as if the coaching staff forgot Petty is on the team. They know what he is at this point and obviously don't think he can be a productive NFL QB today. 

The book on Petty is that he is not ready and won't be for a year or two, if ever. So give Geno his last chance, with a mostly solid defense and some good receivers. He'll probably still be Geno and then we'll reassess in the off-season.

I think Petty has the talent to ultimately be ready.   given some of the articles written about him in preseason I think he really struggled with the transition from 'air raid' to NFL offense.  

Havent we learned from starting Sanchez and Geno too early. 

Seems to be forgotten but Petty flashed in preseason and played well, getting better each game. But he needs time and especially needs a full offseason to continue to develop. Next year we can consider him competing for starter depending on how offseason goes.

Not now. Give Geno his last shot.

Because he is not ready.

Because he is NOT ready.

Now explain to us how you, that has not seen one min of a practice or sat in on one meeting know this??    Please fill us in oh great book of knowlage on a topic that you know zero about.     How do you know he has not made great strides?  Has the coach or GM called you and told you this?

I am not saying to play him, I just hate posters that claim to know stuff they have absolutly no idea about.

Because he is not ready.

Because he is NOT ready.

How do you know he's not ready?

Because he is not ready.

Because he is NOT ready.

Was Sunshine ready when he had to enter the game when Rev. went down in Remember the Titans?  No.  And then Denzel Washington gave him an amazing speech about having to take care of his entire family of 9 kids when his parents died in a car accident.  He wasnt ready either but he had to be for his siblings.  And look how that worked out. 

How do you know Petty isnt our Sunshine? 

I think at this point, if Geno can't play we need to rethink this. It's no longer about "Petty being ready".

He may be the only and/or best option. Would you rather have some castoff that is not familiar with this offense to come in here and start on Sunday? I don't think so. For me, if Petty has some decent mental toughness, unlike Geno/Sanchez, you have to give him a shot. Geno is a dumbass and if there is one thing I can't stand is player, especially a QB that doesn't learn the basics. So I'm ok with Petty.

Knowing he was the only available QB, I don't understand why he just didn't go out of bounds a yard or two before the defender. He already had a great run and the first down. 

Because the kid's got rocks for brains.  Why does he run out of bounds to take sacks out of the pocket rather than throw it away?  Or even worse who does he allow the defender to push him backwards by slowing up stupidly for no reason, allowing forward possession to stop and allow the clock to keep running?  Why does he then stand bewildered 15 yards out of bounds while the clock is running?  Why didn't he just pay IK the $600 he owed him?  Why can't he show up to meetings on time in different time zones?  Why does he text dick pics to hoes?  Why does he get kicked off of airplanes?  Why does he mope and threaten to leave the draft when he doesn't go in the first round?  Why does he start texting in the middle of a predraft interview?  Listen I'm pissed because I liked him coming out of college and thought we had a steal in the 2nd round, but face facts he's got nothing worthwhile in that noggin of his and even worse he's too stupid to even know it. 

Was Sunshine ready when he had to enter the game when Rev. went down in Remember the Titans?  No.  And then Denzel Washington gave him an amazing speech about having to take care of his entire family of 9 kids when his parents died in a car accident.  He wasnt ready either but he had to be for his siblings.  And look how that worked out. 

How do you know Petty isnt our Sunshine? 

Denzel lied to Sunshine about how many kids he took care of.  Do you really want Bowles to be a liar?  You clearly don't know anything about football.

Throwing Petty in would basically destroy any chance of turning him into a pro style quarterback. You'd kill any chance of developing confidence or good instincts. I read an article a month ago where he said he couldn't identify the "Mike" linebacker, yet. There is no benefit to doing this.

Denzel lied to Sunshine about how many kids he took care of.  Do you really want Bowles to be a liar?  You clearly don't know anything about football.

If he has to lie to motivate this team.  Yes.  I want him to be a liar.  Again, look how it worked for the Titans (the Jets were once Titans too, ya know).

BB is a cheater and everyone says he the bestest.  What's the difference?  Lying isnt worse than cheating or at least in my distorted mind it isnt. 

Archived