Chiefs or Steelers: Who slips up?

BallinPB

We all know the Jets pretty much have to take care of business and win out.  We also know that the Steelers or Chiefs have to at least lose one game in that scenario for the Jets to make the postseason.  My question is who's the team to lose?

Most people say that the schedules are favorable for both and they should also win out.  This is the NFL however and you can't tell me that out of 6 games that none will be lost.  Its obviously possible but more than likely one will be lost.

Right off the back, you see that the Steelers have the tougher road being that they will face the Broncos on Sunday.  One might say that with the roll the Steelers are on and the fact that Brock is starting for the Broncos that the Steelers should win this one.  I happen to agree with this sentiment.   They are a hot team with a dangerous offense.  I dont see the Broncos keeping up with them if the Steelers get ahead.  The other two games the Steelers should roll in also. 

I'd put my money on the one with the easier road to slip.  Chiefs started 1-5 and have rattled off 7 straight wins.  Some were impressive and some not so much.  Last game against the Chargers for example was a game the Chiefs almost gave away at the last second.  Odds are the Chiefs will lay a dud with one or two of these games.  Cant see them rattling off 10 straight wins going into the playoffs.   They are just not that good of a team.  

So just wait for it fellas.  The Chiefs will slip up sooner than later.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My money is on Chiefs. They seem gassed. So many games won back to back for them and they really aren't that good. They won't go 3-0. Question is, will we go 3-0?

Believe it or not but i believe the toughest game will be the last one against the bills.  If the Jets play the way they have the last few weeks then they should be able to take care of the Patriots at home.  

Rex Ryan the final week of the season with his goal set on spoiling the Jets postseason chances scares me a lot.

The Jets haven't won in Dallas since 1999.

In the Jets last 7 games against the Pats and Bills, they are 0-7.

Good luck on that 3-0 finish.

The good thing about the NFL is that history does not mean anything in the present and any team can win or any given day. 

we have only played in Dallas one other time since 1999, in that game Kellen Clemens was our starting QB.

we are better than the Bills and we were in both the Pats and Bills losses.

The good thing about the NFL is that history does not mean anything in the present and any team can win or any given day. 

Exactly, look at the Pats. They were the laughing stock of the NFL before 2001, they barely had any fans. Then they got BB and a sixth round QB, they started cheating and bam! Everyone jumped on the wagon and now they think they are the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers. 

Exactly, look at the Pats. They were the laughing stock of the NFL before 2001, they barely had any fans. Then they got BB and a sixth round QB, they started cheating and bam! Everyone jumped on the wagon and now they think they are the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers. 

that is not true, they were the laughingstock of the league pre Parcells in 1993.  after they got BP they became a good franchise then after they got Brady they became a dynasty.

The Jest are not better than the Bills. Bills kicked the Jets ass AT HOME.

How do moral victories work in determining playoff teams?

Yet the Jets still have a better record than the Bills.  You can't say the Bills are better because they won that game.  As i said before, any game can be won on any given day.

The great Bill Parcells said you are what your record says you are.  In that case, we are a better team than the bills.

Also, the bills did not kick our ass.  That game was won by the bills on the special teams touchdown.  Jets offense outscored theres.

I think the jets will have a hard time running the table, but not based on phony stats like these. The chances of being flat when either the Bills or Pats are sharp is a real concern. Dallas is a shell of a team. It's unrecognizable. Not at all sure how what the Jets did in the distant past is of any use.

I can see denver beating pitt. This is the same brock that was able to beat the pats while their defense played an insanely good game. Shut down their running game and contain brown and the donkeys may be our golden ticket into the playoffs

The joy of Pittsburgh losing is that the Jets will control their own destiny, win or lose against Dallas.

If I remember correctly, Cowboys stink think year.

Those three blowout games against the Jets were so impressive by Pats, including two against Geno led 4-12 Jets team. Probability is, you won't see another blocked FG or a 4th quarter comeback against a fully healthy D.

To your credit, I'm more worried about defeating the Bills than the cheaters. 

Archived