Nfl/NBC screwed itself not flexing our game Sunday

drdetroit

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you have to count on other teams losing, that is called backing in, regardless of how many games you have won.

How you been Ruby?

LOL ok im gonna go bang my head against a wall now!

Ive been good man, just freed up recently at work and with the jets being competitive again I am getting back into the message board swing.

Hope your doing well too, clearly you haven't changed much :)

CBS picture quality sucks id much rather the  game on a different channel.

Wow, who is your service provider?  How old is your TV?

On a modern 1080p native panel, CBS looks the best as it's 1080p HD vs FOX and ESPN who are 720p and require upscaling.

SAR I

LOL ok im gonna go bang my head against a wall now!

Ive been good man, just freed up recently at work and with the jets being competitive again I am getting back into the message board swing.

Hope your doing well too, clearly you haven't changed much

Glad you are posting again.

Always thought you were a good poster.

When you have to count on other teams losing, that is called backing in, regardless of how many games you have won.

How you been Ruby?

You do realize that such logic would mean that any team that has not gone undefeated in the regular season would therefore qualify as having "backed in", right?  At this point, that would be every playoff team, including the Patriots, with the only possible exception of the Panthers.

You do realize that such logic would mean that any team that has not gone undefeated in the regular season would therefore qualify as having "backed in", right?  At this point, that would be every playoff team, including the Patriots, with the only possible exception of the Panthers.

That makes no sense at all.

The Pats, Bengals and Broncos have all clinched a playoff spots without sitting here in week 15 hoping some other team will lose. They "earned" their playoffs on their own.

The Pats, Bengals and Broncos have all clinched a playoff spots without sitting here in week 15 hoping some other team will lose. They "earned" their playoffs on their own.

I am not sure about that. By that math you contend that earlier games are more valuable than later games. One could argue that those three had easier schedules and garnered more wins early. It is not true but one could argue that. Conversely could you not argue that a team say Denver could lose five in a row and still "back in" because the teams chasing them also choke and lose? The point is not really worth arguing about as I think everyone gets the jist of the scenario.

Wow, who is your service provider?  How old is your TV?

On a modern 1080p native panel, CBS looks the best as it's 1080p HD vs FOX and ESPN who are 720p and require upscaling.

SAR I

Optimum cable and Samsung LED 1080HD  top of line purchased in 2013 from BestBuy not WalMart 

CBS sucks as far as picture quality goes in my area NBC,FOX,ESPN and NFL Network blows CBS away

Those respective clinchings were all reliant on losses by other AFC teams that they had no involvement in.  Therefore, by your logic, they have backed in.  After all, the Pats have absolutely no control over the Jets being worse than 13-1 right now, or a number of other AFC teams being 14-0.  Therefore clearly... backed in.

Feels like old times.... You cant back in to the playoffs if you win 5 in a rown and end up with 11 wins. 

You know this.

Really why do you answer him? Who cares about his opinion? He is an agitator who wants attention.  You cannot win an argument with him because he is not rational and has no skin in the game.

Do you think anyone outside of the NY Metro area cares about the Jets?

They have low national appeal.

Rarely do I agree with you anymore TX but this time you are spot on!!

The only folks who care about the Jets are the true blue fans who are knowledgeable and passionate about the team; and those worhtless souls form other teams who have nothing better to do wth their time than to aimlessly troll Jets messgae boards for begging for attention....  :)

Merry Pre X-Mass By the Way!!!!

Rarely do I agree with you anymore TX but this time you are spot on!!

The only folks who care about the Jets are the true blue fans who are knowledgeable and passionate about the team; and those worhtless souls form other teams who have nothing better to do wth their time than to aimlessly troll Jets messgae boards for begging for attention....  :)

Merry Pre X-Mass By the Way!!!!

the past few years yes but when both teams are good it's one of the best rivalries in the sport.  the 2010 playoff game set record ratings at the time.

Optimum cable and Samsung LED 1080HD  top of line purchased in 2013 from BestBuy not WalMart 

CBS sucks as far as picture quality goes in my area NBC,FOX,ESPN and NFL Network blows CBS away

Weirdly enough, here in LA with Directv, I definitely don't see any problems with CBS picture.  It must be something with Optimum.

As soon as Brady retires all the pats fans will be Jets/Giants fans

Funny you should mentioned that because I happen to think that a deal was made allowing Brady to maintain his reputation, make 1 last run at the Superbowl and retire with some semblance of diginity. 

Do you think anyone outside of the NY Metro area cares about the Jets?

They have low national appeal.

The NY tri-state area has transplants all over the US.  Many more people outside this area care about the Jets than most other teams Patriots included.

NYC alone has a higher population than all of MA.

How you been Ruby?

I know you're trolling, but this is factually incorrect -- backing into the playoffs means clinching late despite losing those games. The Jets "backed in to the playoffs" in 2004 because with everything on the line they lost to the Rams but clinched anyway because the Bills couldn't beat the Steelers backups. 

It is not backing into the playoffs if you've won six straight games -- you'd have to be a complete moron to think that is.

I know you're trolling, but this is factually incorrect -- backing into the playoffs means clinching late despite losing those games. The Jets "backed in to the playoffs" in 2004 because with everything on the line they lost to the Rams but clinched anyway because the Bills couldn't beat the Steelers backups. 

It is not backing into the playoffs if you've won six straight games -- you'd have to be a complete moron to think that is.

you either win the required amount of games or you don't, no such thing as backing in.

How you been Ruby?

Uhm, no. Backing into the playoffs is when you lose but still make it because other teams also lost.  If the Jets beat New England and then Buffalo to get to 11-5, that is absolutely not "backing in".

Pats/Jets will always be huge in the Northeast.

But do you seriously think anyone from LA or East Bum*uck Idaho care about the Jets quest to back into the playoffs with the 6th seed Wild Card?

They would much rather watch Adrian Peterson, Bridgewater, Eli and Beckham over Fitz and the boys.

It is what it is.

Right - what could possibly be the appeal of a 12 win team vs a 9 win team in a rivalry game where the 9 win team is at home and battling for their playoff lives.  Plus the game has overall wildcard implications as well as home field advantage implications. 

"Nothing to see here"

Archived