Geno Smith '10 Times' as Motivated for Next Year

JetBlue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Geno wherever he ends up.  I have nothing against him, he wasn't very good for us but was thrown into a tough spot when he wasn't ready to play.

I hope every time he steps onto the field he sucks even worse than his worst day with the Jets (to the extent such a thing is possible).

Seems Bowles disagrees with you (at least in public) 

"I like Geno Smith as a quarterback and a person as well," Bowles said. "I thought Geno was very mature as a person, I thought he was very mature as a quarterback. I thought he handled everything well. I thought he took all his reps. I thought he got better as a person and I was very proud of what he did this year." - Todd Bowles

'Notice' .....Bowles didn't ay anything about Geno's  future plans with the Jets.  That's quite telling.

We haven't won a Super Bowl since 1968 the QB was Joe Namath 

Every QB since them has sucked 

I wish none of them any ill will or bad luck 

joewilly12

Don't be such a drama queen.  Vinny was an ankle injury away from getting us a SB.

Seems Bowles disagrees with you (at least in public) 

"I like Geno Smith as a quarterback and a person as well," Bowles said. "I thought Geno was very mature as a person, I thought he was very mature as a quarterback. I thought he handled everything well. I thought he took all his reps. I thought he got better as a person and I was very proud of what he did this year." - Todd Bowles

Does anybody think Bowles would say anything else about a player on the team?

Plus, it's not really hard to say a person has matured when they started as such an immature place at the beginning of the season.

Agreed.  Bowles knows anything remotely negative he says about Geno would make for some controversy.  It seemed to me like Bowles was stretching for reasons to praise Geno.  Especially the bold.  "I thought he took all his reps."  LOL.  That's like praising someone for paying their bills every month.  I'm almost surprised he didn't add on to the end of that statement "He's also gone 5 months and counting without getting punched by a teammate.  So he's got that going for him."

Okay those are valid points.  Thanks for making a reasoned response other than "Geno SUCKS!"

Only you would have 10x the motivation to support this stupid, meaningless, useless, uninspiring, pedantic article.  Congrads on being the President of the Geno Smith Fan Club and its only member.

Oh yeah I forgot to add GENO SUCKS.

I'm a fan of Fitz but I haven't given up on hope that Geno can still be salvaged.  I think his sitting and learning under an experienced veteran will prove to be invaluable.  There used to be an unwritten rule that qb's sat and learned for 5 years before they were ready to play which is closer to what happened with Aaron Rodgers.  I think most of us weren't mature enough at 22 to handle a CEO position which is essentially what a qb is to a football team.  Let's see if the extra learning period will help Geno before throwing him on the trash pile.

And Geno Smith has been an outright disaster for the Jets on and off the field since the day he was drafted....

Yet that disaster somehow managed to help the team go 8-8 as a raw rookie, but you already knew that. 

I'm a fan of Fitz but I haven't given up on hope that Geno can still be salvaged.  I think his sitting and learning under an experienced veteran will prove to be invaluable.  There used to be an unwritten rule that qb's sat and learned for 5 years before they were ready to play which is closer to what happened with Aaron Rodgers.  I think most of us weren't mature enough at 22 to handle a CEO position which is essentially what a qb is to a football team.  Let's see if the extra learning period will help Geno before throwing him on the trash pile.

Be careful; you will be considered a Geno apologist. 

Only you would have 10x the motivation to support this stupid, meaningless, useless, uninspiring, pedantic article.  Congrads on being the President of the Geno Smith Fan Club and its only member.

Oh yeah I forgot to add GENO SUCKS.

I figured I would take you off ignore to see if anything has changed with you. Nope, still a dick; back on ignore you go! 

He didn't have to comment about at all. Why not just take what he has to say at face value and leave it at that?   Is it possible that he really means what he says? 

I'd put as much sincerity in the "smith" statement as when he said on Monday, "The coaching staff would remain intact"   

Geno isnt even all that physically talented. His mechanics still blow.

Not to be argumentative, but he played less than one game this year, what part of his mechanics are you speaking of and when did you see it?

Not to be argumentative, but he played less than one game this year, what part of his mechanics are you speaking of and when did you see it?

He played basically the entire Raider game. He's got a bad windup in his throws....Fitz arm is below average, but he at least can change arm angles and zip the ball out quickly and such. Geno needs 15 minutes to step and throw the ball. It just takes way too long. It's not as bad as Leftwich's was but its close.

He played basically the entire Raider game. He's got a bad windup in his throws....Fitz arm is below average, but he at least can change arm angles and zip the ball out quickly and such. Geno needs 15 minutes to step and throw the ball. It just takes way too long. It's not as bad as Leftwich's was but its close.

He really doesn't.  Physically, his release is fine.  He just takes too long to decide where he needs to go with the ball.

So I guess all this will be settled one way or the other, if Geno is on the team next season, then we know the CS does think he is salvageable. If he is traded or cut out right then we know that in reality Petty beat him out.

My money is on Geno remaining as the back up for next season.

Archived