Lynch, Floyd, Spence, Ragland, or Apple?

Sarge4Tide

Popular Jets Picks in the Latest Mock Drafts   

67 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets HAD to pick one of these 5 players, I would pick.....

• Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
    • Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia
    • Noah Spence DE / LB EKU
    • Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama
    • Eli Apple CB Ohio State

If Lynch is there @ 20..... you have to take him if Mac feels his value lines up with the pick.

If Cook, Hack or one of the other QB's offer better value later in the draft, I wouldn't be overly disappointed.

1 or 2 yrs. on the bench is tough when you have so many holes to fill.

I don't really care for the other options. OT might cause me to pass over Lynch

Noah might possibly be had in the top of the 2nd so we could make a move there to grab him. But for now I have grown to like lynch in the past week, probably just because I like the idea of drafting qbs 

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

You have no mention OT and that's where I think could find the best value............

I agree and I hope one of them falls, but in those mocks he's referring to all the tackles are long gone.

We can probably get good value in the 2nd and 3rd round on a center, and a tackle projected to RT, or guard. Hopefully Mac finds a way to get another 3rd or so. Lots of depth there.  

6 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I think I would like to see what Mauldin and Spence could do as a team coming off the edges . 

I don't think Spence falls to us. I don't believe teams are mocking him where the tv idiots are. He's too talented, someone will take him before us. If he's there at 20, take him and run.

I'd be fine with Oline or Lynch. 

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

All the latest mock drafts I saw today had the Jets taking one of these 5 players, if the Jets HAD to draft one of those 5, if no other player was an option, gun to your head, which one would you pick?

BPA

11 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Floyd to me looks like Jarvis Jones part deux.   As I was watching GA-Bama game, Floyd did nada the whole game.  He looks like Bust city 

Oh he is.  He's Jones minus the production.  Jones was unstoppable in college.  Floyd is blocked by wind.  He's an absolute bust waiting to happen.

If I was stuck with those sh*tty choices, give me the QB.  Might as well take shot.  2nd option would be Spence. 3rd Apple.  Really wouldnt want to take either Ragland or Floyd.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Oh he is.  He's Jones minus the production.  Jones was unstoppable in college.  Floyd is blocked by wind.  He's an absolute bust waiting to happen.

If I was stuck with those sh*tty choices, give me the QB.  Might as well take shot.  2nd option would be Spence. 3rd Apple.  Really wouldnt want to take either Ragland or Floyd.

Ragland is not a need for jets, I think he will go to skins or packers

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'd rather the Jets take Floyd's OLB counterpart Jenkins in round 2 or 3 if he was there than Floyd in the first.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets already have Reggie Ragland. His name is David Harris. The Jets are stressing speed. Not slow linebackers. 

Those were the choices given to me, so I picked what was best imo. Reggie Ragland maybe slow but atleast he's a LB'er. Leonard Floyd is fast, but he's not an OLB'er so his speed means nothing if he cant play the position. 

Noah Spence isnt a sure bet, better yet, I havent been impressed with him and Paxton Lynch isnt even a 1st round QB . That leaves Ragland and Apple. If I had more than the options given my answer would have been different. 

I hate to be picky but....

Lynch I would be fine with.

Floyd troubles me, where is the production to go along with the body and skinny legs?

Spence would be the ideal candidate but his character issues are still a big issue for me.

Ragland I would be genuinely upset at that pick.

Apple I would be genuinely upset at that pick.

BPA but a QB would carry more weight.  The Jets already know that if Lynch is there at 20 whether they would take him or not.  If the answer is yes then I would move up in front of Buffalo with a pick anywhere form 14-18.  If they work a deal with Chicago for Mo and we get the 11th pick draft him there.  Some may say he is not worth the 11th pick but  at the cost of possibly losing him before 20 then it's a no brainier IMO.

We also have to see if the Kap to Denver deal gets worked out because I could envision SF dropping down a few spots in a trade and taking him.  New Orleans seems to be a wild card for Lynch so they could just grab him and we can focus on other areas.

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

BPA but a QB would carry more weight.  The Jets already know that if Lynch is there at 20 whether they would take him or not.  If the answer is yes then I would move up in front of Buffalo with a pick anywhere form 14-18.  If they work a deal with Chicago for Mo and we get the 11th pick draft him there.  Some may say he is not worth the 11th pick but  at the cost of possibly losing him before 20 then it's a no brainier IMO.

We also have to see if the Kap to Denver deal gets worked out because I could envision SF dropping down a few spots in a trade and taking him.  New Orleans seems to be a wild card for Lynch so they could just grab him and we can focus on other areas.

I want a QB as opposed to BPA, but I completely agree on everything else.

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Agreed.  If Lynch isn't worth taking at 11, he's not worth taking at 20.  You either think he's a Franchise QB in the making or you don't.  And if you don't, you pass.  That goes for Cook and Hackenburg.  Unless you are convinced that they can be a better than average starter, don't bother drafting them at all.  We already have a below average starter in Geno.

Archived