Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

i am watching the game on my comp via nfl.com streaming. why is it that when you watch the jets out of the ny market they never have the jets home team announcers? it always the other team's announcers, instead of whoever is announcing it locally in ny on tv. so i am listening to espn ny during the breaks, but as usual there is a delay, so i only turn it on during the breaks.

think about it: the game is on locally in jacksonville lower georgia and orlando regular tv.

so anyone in florida streaming this game is likely a nyc jets fan. so why force these dorkie announcers on us? they dont know most of the names for the jets players or have the ability call any of the plays professionally, as does marty lyons etc.... no game analysis whatsoever.

annoying.

I think it's because Greg Buttle's analysis is so idiotic that it can't be translated into binary code.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Crowd boo'ing because Geno made a good decision. Amazing. 

I think they boo'd when he through the TD too.  Some things will never change...

Really happy to see Geno show some maturity, knowing a play is busted don't run backwards or think you are a hero, be smart and go down.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Chan Gailey is a great coach, but his play calling can be suspect at times, some of these drives just don't make sense it seems, this isn't just based off this game, I felt this way last year also.

During the season last year, I agree with that. But this is pre-season, probably more interested in trying out packages, players, etc. than necessarily scoring.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No he could have panicked and thrown a pick

Gotcha.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Crowd boo'ing because Geno made a good decision. Amazing. 

Normally he turns it over after bobbling the snap like that, so I can see how you'd view it as improvement.... but I think it's a bit of stretch to call it "a good play".

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Chan Gailey is a great coach, but his play calling can be suspect at times, some of these drives just don't make sense it seems, this isn't just based off this game, I felt this way last year also.

Have to look at OC's through a different lens. Easy to be hard on OC's because easy to pick things apart in retrospect. On the whole i think Gailey's offensive style makes defenses nervous. More good than bad. Best OC we've had in long time

Archived