Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preseason football obviously is just to get some reps, and scheme isn't part of the game, which allows for some ugly team football.  Individually, there is a lot to be excited about.  Williams is going to be a beast.  Richardson is going be scary.  We have a lot of talent not playing.  Q looks good, the Powell looks quick, etc.

We have some young players flashing.

I not a fan of Fitz or Smith, but they have a lot of talent to work with.

I'm excite.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, it may be early, but I think the Bowles motif will always be boring, trash football games that, most weeks, the Jets win by three points. 

5 wide, empty backfield, 4 play TD drives...very boring.

You may be thinking about checkdown Geno. He's not the starter so no worries. 

i am watching the game on my comp via nfl.com streaming. why is it that when you watch the jets out of the ny market they never have the jets home team announcers? it always the other team's announcers, instead of whoever is announcing it locally in ny on tv. so i am listening to espn ny during the breaks, but as usual there is a delay, so i only turn it on during the breaks.

think about it: the game is on locally in jacksonville lower georgia and orlando regular tv.

so anyone in florida streaming this game is likely a nyc jets fan. so why force these dorkie announcers on us? they dont know most of the names for the jets players or have the ability call any of the plays professionally, as does marty lyons etc.... no game analysis whatsoever.

annoying.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

5 wide, empty backfield, 4 play TD drives...very boring.

You may be thinking about checkdown Geno. He's not the starter so no worries. 

Fitz isn't going to get 2 broken coverages every game. He did well to take advantage of them but his normal drives stalled every time.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm excited to see Hack and Petty as well . I'm very interested to see how Lee's combine speed translates to NFL football :) .

Im also looking forward to the battle for the other CB spot

Which milliner just lost tonight lol.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Powell is a solid back. Glad we resigned him. 

He was solid until last year. I've never seen a back increase his quickness so much. I wish he could share his secret with the rest of the team. He looks outstanding now. He, and Forte should be able to keep each other fresh and we'll always have a great receiver/pass blocker in the game. 

Archived