Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

While you obviously can't get too excited with the second team play, it's nice to see this out of Petty.  Ball placement is key no matter what the situation, and with that last play it was great to see him continue to roll out and let the play develop for a guy to get open.  If he can keep this up throughout preseason, the Jets won't dare risk demoting him to the PS.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

You don't draft a guy in the first round thats at best a 2 down player. We took a guy in the first that can only play in certain packages..One thing is for sure, he won't be a full time player in this defense..He will never be a 3-4 guy.. Never!! way to small

Yet they did. Goes to show that you can 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Petty looks good but I don't see how he doesn't get cut.  Fitz & Hack are givens.  Geno is only viable backup.  Jets going to keep 4 QBs?  Doesn't seem likely

I hope we keep all 4, the sh*ttiest should end up on IR for something so we can keep all four, let geno walk next year and fitz walk too, then petty time

You don't draft a guy in the first round thats at best a 2 down player. We took a guy in the first that can only play in certain packages..One thing is for sure, he won't be a full time player in this defense..He will never be a 3-4 guy.. Never!! way to small

Preseason week 1 and he's already a bust?

5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Lee is too small to play ILB in the 3-4...He's Getting pushed around by 4th stringers.. This is Vilma situation 2.0

I'm not being facetious but he simply needs to be put in positions where he doesn't have to take on blockers.

Coverage or blitzing - that's it at least for now because what you're saying is right. 

Petty looks fantastic. I don't give a **** about what level defense he's against... the recognition and throws are there, the pocket awareness is there. Not saying he's ready to start, but he's ready to be taken seriously.

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You watching on NFL gamepass? 

Nope just streaming from reddit.  Gamepass didn't work for me last year in Mexico.  I was willing to pay for the Jets haha.  Their loss.

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

I hope we keep all 4, the sh*ttiest should end up on IR for something so we can keep all four, let geno walk next year and fitz walk too, then petty time

Keep in mind too that Fitz likes to run and NOT give himself up.

Just now, Rexorcism said:

Preseason week 1 and he's already a bust?

I never said bust! He's just in the wrong defense.. He's absolutely not a full time 3-4 lb...Vilma 2.0...Once Vilma got out of NY and went to NO 4-3, you could see the difference..He not a bust, just not and ILB in a 3-4...So with us he can only be used in packages, hence the reason he won't be a starter..

8 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Lee is too small to play ILB in the 3-4...He's Getting pushed around by 4th stringers.. This is Vilma situation 2.0

Sigh.  21 yr old two weeks into his NFL career already being written off. Can't make this stuff up. 

I never said bust! He's just in the wrong defense.. He's absolutely not a full time 3-4 lb...Vilma 2.0...Once Vilma got out of NY and went to NO 4-3, you could see the difference..He not a bust, just not and ILB in a 3-4...So with us he can only be used in packages, hence the reason he won't be a starter..

No need to MaineJet off the ledge already, give it time , brother.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Sigh.  21 yr old two weeks into his NFL career already being written off. Can't make this stuff up. 

Not to mention that we play a hybrid defense and that Lee's role is far from a traditional ILB.

Archived