Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I love these WR (catch or no); not sure Thomkins makes this team - too much raw talent and potential with rookies

With the way the reps have been going, Thompkins might be a part of first cuts.

Damn... Peake, Ross, and Jalin have all been impactful... great to see the buzz from camp carry into the game here. Little bummed about Geno, there's been 2 articles this week with him talking about why he didn't demand a trade and how he's pissed he's not a starter, and he's looked like dookie so far. Maybe less soundbytes and more highlights, bud. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I love these WR (catch or no); not sure Thomkins makes this team - too much raw talent and potential with rookies

Yeah, lots of folks seem to be counting Thompkins as a sure thing, but I think his tagging was more for insurance purposes than anything.  With how these rookies are stepping up, I think he could very easily be on the way out.  If anything might start off holding Smith's spot until he's ready to come off the PUP.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm special teams look GREAT!!

Bowles did the right thing in changing Special Team coaching that is for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that you could look back at last season and circle all of the problem areas that led to losses... and the Jets seemingly found ways to address all of them is remarkable.

It is way too early to determine what is going to be, but I like what the Jets have done in the offseason; The three biggest reasons IMO on why the Jets lost some of the games last year were ST, turnovers, and LBs too slow to cover; looks like we have addressed 2 of these; there will still be some growing pains but the 3 weakest areas of the team secondary (fixed mostly with vets), LBs, and WRs are now looking good and we have some young depth - next year OL.

11 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I want to be optimistic - but he still looks the same as always.

Yea, except now we don't need him to be #1. I think he has teh tools to be a depth corner no problem. There aren't many guys in the NFL that shut people down anymore, and most defense bend but don't break. We just need him to be solid. He's not going to be shadowing the Allen Robinson's of the league all season. Not making excuses for him, just shifting expectations of what we need from him.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, it may be early, but I think the Bowles motif will always be boring, trash football games that, most weeks, the Jets win by three points. 

Hi, we're the Jets and our best QB option is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Positives:

Rookies: Lee, Jenkins, Marshall, Peake all playing well

QBs: Geno and Fitz both made some good throws.

STs: Much better

Negatives:

Secondary: Looked a bit rusty especially Milliner.

Rontez is looking good though. The only guy standing out in the secondary. 

Archived