Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno looked ok. He stared down receivers and seemed like he went to his first read almost every time. He has a slow release or hitch when throwing and he made some bad throws where he was not set. His td to peake was a very nice throw. 

Petty looked improved, good arm, reasonably accurate although he missed a wide open Amaro on a big play. Better pocket awareness than last year. I think there is enough to work with there that he will be picked up if cut. I think right now jets keeping. 4qb.

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

My takeaways from this game.

Upside, Lee really showed  potential. Made me rethink how I feel about him being taken.

Downside, I know its early but Bortles went through the Jets D like a hot knife through butter for that early 10-0 lead.

Kleckineau:  I'm not concerned with Bortles play against the D.  When you look at it, Mo, Revis were not on the field today.

My concerns:  Both Geno and Millner continue to show who they are.  The kid Justin Burris at CB shows promise and has great size.

As SHADETREE (Marvin Jones) mentioned:  Petty looked much improved but ask again in a couple of weeks.  At this point I would prefer to keep Petty and move Geno.

There will be no way the Jets keep 4 QB's when you have to keep some of those young talented WR's on this team.  (Marshall, Decker, Enuewa, Peake, Marshall, Ross)  I have not even mentioned Tompkins 

LB's have already show added speed to the D.

Always glad to see a very low penalty count in early pre-season. First game, easy to make mistakes, everyone a bit jumpy, lots of inexperienced guys ...

I know we had a few flags declined, but 2-20 is a good sign that there is some DISCIPLINE in this team. Sorely lacking during Rex's tenure IMHO.

By contrast, JAX had 12-132.

50 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Upside, Lee really showed  potential. Made me rethink how I feel about him being taken.

Downside, I know its early but Bortles went through the Jets D like a hot knife through butter for that early 10-0 lead.

No wilkerson and no revis. 

52 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The second drive was against  2nd team players. The Jags scored their TD on that drive

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Just chiming in to say Milliner is a disaster.  Cut this guy already.

Also, absolutely love Jalin Marshall's performance.  Kid looks like he can play.

Milliner brought back memories of Kyle Wilson the end of the road might be near for another bust of a #1 pick DAMMIT 

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So Fitzpatrick who throws slow ducks on a regular basis doesn't throw the "concussion ball " genius ? It was a dumb rook safety who hasn't adjusted to the rules... 

Dear Mrs. Smith, 

I don't have anything personal against your son.  I just don't think he will ever be a good NFL QB so I would prefer that the team I've spent 40 years rooting keeps looking elsewhere until they find one that is.   

- LionelRIchie

9 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Dear Mrs. Smith, 

I don't have anything personal against your son.  I just don't think he will ever be a good NFL QB so I would prefer that the team I've spent 40 years rooting keeps looking elsewhere until they find one that is.   

- LionelRIchie

Heh! 

Anyway, about Milliner, yeah he looked awful, but he's hardly played the last 3 years.  He looked like he was at least in position, and on one play just did not time his swat at the ball well.  And let's not forget Jville has some nice receivers.  But at the same time I think Milliner does not have a lot of time to show he is something other than a bust.

21 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Dear Mrs. Smith, 

- LionelRIchie

Dear Mr Ritchie 

You were horrible as a singer and worse trying to resurrect your sad career as a Country singer please just go away. 

Mrs.Smith

Would like to see Petty play the 2nd quarter of a game if he keeps this up, see how it translates to slightly tough competition. He lit it up last night. I LOVED how he was escaping the pocket, getting the ball out quickly, and firing an accurate laser.

Burris looks pretty good, needs to get his head around quicker though.

Watching Lee last night reminded me of his film from OSU, same guy. Can't wait until he fills out a little more and gets comfortable.

That one sack that Clady "gave up" was on Fitz IMO, I'm not worried about Clady. Buttle or Eagle made it seem like he was beat.

Mauldin playing every down continues to worry me.

Peake looks like an NFL WR

Jmarsh needs to calm down when catching balls over the middle, 2 drops, but he looked solid on the outside.

Awesome effort on STs. Rontez continues to be an animal. No doubt he'll make the team. How about Marshall with that return? Was awesome to watch competency at the KR position. From the looks of last night we still need work at PR and PR coverage.

I don't think Milliner did bad considering his situation. Hasn't played, and where was the safety help on the jump ball? A Rob is one of the better WRs in the game, that could happen to anyone else, but he's gotta knock that down. Have to expect he steps it up these next few games though, he got a lot of reps to prove himself, and I think we'll see him improve.

Don't feel like creating a thread for this, but Mark Schlereth said on Mike & Mike this morning that, even though Trevor Semen has the slight lead in the QB competition in Denver, Sanchez would have to "poop in his helmet" to lose the Week 1 starting job.

Don't put it past him, Mark.....

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't feel like creating a thread for this, but Mark Schlereth said on Mike & Mike this morning that, even though Trevor Semen has the slight lead in the QB competition in Denver, Sanchez would have to "poop in his helmet" to lose the Week 1 starting job.

siemens made a couple of great throws in that game last night. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who cares?  We are concerned with the NY Jets not Denver or Mark Sanchez 

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No wilkerson and no revis. 

Of course it would be better with them in and I did preface my concern with "its early"

However would it be fair to say the defense (for any NFL team) especially as the season progresses will rarely have all of their best players on the field for every game?

Not overly concerned yet and maybe Bortles really is that good.

8 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Heh! 

Anyway, about Milliner, yeah he looked awful, but he's hardly played the last 3 years.  He looked like he was at least in position, and on one play just did not time his swat at the ball well.  And let's not forget Jville has some nice receivers.  But at the same time I think Milliner does not have a lot of time to show he is something other than a bust.

He's got three more weeks plus whatever time he can get when the season starts. I'd be surprised to see him starting the season as a regular.

i don't think he'll do it, BUT he WAS in position. That's an improvement over his usual "5 yards away when the receiver catches the ball."

I'd be happily surprised if he proved me wrong.

I think that Milliner will make the team and if healthy be a contributor. As for Sanchez in Denver. I don't see Kubiak or Elway tolerating red zone and other stupid turnovers. I think they're smart enough to keep Mark as a game manager which is what we should have done with him. Elway decided not to spend too much money on the Qb position and a lot on defense which is what won them the SB last year. So I think Mark will win the starters job, but we'll see how long he keeps it. 

On August 12, 2016 at 5:53 AM, Shadetree said:

I was very happy with the way Petty looked. Ask me again in 2-3 weeks, but THIS week, I say our future will be in his hands, not Genos or Hacks. 

Hack and Petty mentored by Fitz who starts for the next 2 years then becomes QB coach. 

On August 12, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Rangers9 said:

I think that Milliner will make the team and if healthy be a contributor. As for Sanchez in Denver. I don't see Kubiak or Elway tolerating red zone and other stupid turnovers. I think they're smart enough to keep Mark as a game manager which is what we should have done with him. Elway decided not to spend too much money on the Qb position and a lot on defense which is what won them the SB last year. So I think Mark will win the starters job, but we'll see how long he keeps it. 

Denver Broncos forum EXIT stage left 

Archived