Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Geno has to make that throw, if he puts that on the money it might have been 6, the blitzer is supposed to be allowed to come through free.  I am a big Geno supporter, but he isn't doing much to think he is better then he was last year just yet, it is still only the 1st preseason game thou, the play calling is suspect, and he is playing with 2nd, and 3rd stringers while being booed for no reason so it's also not optimal conditions for him to succeed either.

I wouldnt say "has to make that throw". It was a free rusher. If he would have rushed that throw and somehow a Dlineman picked it off given the rush we would have said that he should have thrown it in the dirt. It was a decision that he made that I dont have a problem with given the situation. 

I'll have to look at the play again, but he definitely had pressure on him and I'd rather Geno throw it in the dirt rather than taking a sack in the redzone or getting it picked in the redzone because of being rushed. 

Just now, hawk said:

I am a fan of Petty.  I didn't buy into writer garbage.  However, Petty is playing against Camp Fodder right now.

Thats why its really positive.  He SHOULD be playing above the level of some talent out there.  Thats how you move up the depth chart :)

1 minute ago, hawk said:

I am a fan of Petty.  I didn't buy into writer garbage.  However, Petty is playing against Camp Fodder right now.

Liked that slide up in pressure though.  Mayock said it when talking about Wentz tonight after he did the same thing, young guys don't do that often.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Liked that slide up in pressure though.  Mayock said it when talking about Wentz tonight after he did the same thing, young guys don't do that often.

I think his pocket awareness is the best on the team.  JMO.  

Archived