New Releases

choon328

Ultimately, this falls on the GM, but when you hire a GM who's not a talent evaluator, it's the duty of those around him to properly assist him in the picking of talent . It's my believe that this falls on Rex and his desires more than it does on Idzik . 

But like with so much in my life, I'm probably wrong .

That is all .

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Ultimately, this falls on the GM, but when you hire a GM who's not a talent evaluator, it's the duty of those around him to properly assist him in the picking of talent . It's my believe that this falls on Rex and his desires more than it does on Idzik . 

But like with so much in my life, I'm probably wrong .

That is all .

I'd lean towards the scouting department. They had sucked pretty badly after a couple of nice drafts back a decade ago. 

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Wow- can't believe the recent drafts have been so terrible

And after all that, we've managed to stay somewhat relevant. All we needed was a little bit more consistently towards better drafting. Instead, we remained consistently sh*tty at it. 

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Yeah, but look what Mac and his scouts are doing in 2 short years. We're lamenting the loss of so many promising rookies2nd year guys and UDFA. We're also happy that some of those same rookies/2nd year guys and UDFA  are making the squad. Arrow pointing up.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

So um.... Did I miss something or are Powell and Forte  the only RB's on the roster.

Yes you missed something:

Jets claimed RB Troymaine Pope off waivers from the Seahawks.

Pope had a highly impressive preseason in Seattle, rushing 24 times for 162 yards (6.8 YPC). The Jets have a lot of running back depth, but none of it is young. Pope will probably spend more time on the practice squad than active roster, but is a file-away name in Dynasty leagues.
Sep 4 - 1:08 PM

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

What's most annoying to me is the propensity to take guys with injury history. Milliner, Mcdougle and Shaq Evans were all injured when we took them. I'm sure there are more but I can't remember. It's bad enough to miss on a player. It's another issue entirely to use the number 9 over all pick, and our first of two number 1's that year on an injured guy.

Archived