Poll: Reevaluating the next 5 games...

Mike135

Poll: Record after 6 weeks (post week 1)  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Record after six?

I've never been overly convinced about the threat from KC ... a lot of people see that game as a L because KC made the playoffs etc. But they're not a quick strike team like Cinci, they play a lot more like us on offense, and I think our D will be the prevailing factor in a win.

Hawks are always a tough team to predict as they tend to start slow then get good - real good - as the season wears on. I think they'll be more of a threat in Week 5 than in Week 1. But the home field advantage could be significant.

Arizona I'm very much "wait and see" on at the moment. They haven't started well, but again they may iron out their issues fast and be near impossible to beat when we play them.

Pittsburgh I really think could go bad for us very quickly. Right now I see that as the toughest game in the first 6.

Baltimore, again I don't see anything to fear. Not in the same tier of opponent as Cinci, many more questions.

But it all start Thursday in Buffalo. Must get the win, and I believe they will if they believe they will - can't go in there with any doubts or feelings of deja vu. They've got a lot to prove after Sunday, here's a national stage to prove it. Don't be scared of Taylor getting a few runs against us, keep hitting him like we did Dalton.

I think we could be 4-2, but I think we will be 3-3; Pitt will be a loss, plus one of KC / Arizona / Seattle. 3-3 sets us up for a fighting chance the rest of the way; 2-4 would make it very tough with NE up twice.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If they don't beat the Bills, we start talking about Deshaun Watson and Deshone Kizer and how traumatic it will be to watch us pass on them to draft a cornerback at #4.

Disagree. I think we'll draft a TE in round 1. This way we continue our genius plan of drafting the cheap FA positions in round 1.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Disagree. I think we'll draft a TE in round 1. This way we continue our genius plan of drafting the cheap FA positions in round 1.

your pointing this fact out originally still keeps me up at night. And that we drafted an ILB at one, then extended the other ILB at $7 mil per.

My outlook of 9-7 still remains, although I had us beating Cinci originally.

After the Rats beat Arizona, I have a hard time thinking we cant win that game if we play well.

We will beat Buffalo.

KC game is a tough one, but its hard to pick at this juncture.

Steelers will beat us.

Seattle comes cross country to play us, which doesnt bode well for them. 

3-3 after week 6 is still in play in my opinion. This is why overreacting to the schedule before week one makes no sense.

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

I've never been overly convinced about the threat from KC ... a lot of people see that game as a L because KC made the playoffs etc. But they're not a quick strike team like Cinci, they play a lot more like us on offense, and I think our D will be the prevailing factor in a win.

Hawks are always a tough team to predict as they tend to start slow then get good - real good - as the season wears on. I think they'll be more of a threat in Week 5 than in Week 1. But the home field advantage could be significant.

Arizona I'm very much "wait and see" on at the moment. They haven't started well, but again they may iron out their issues fast and be near impossible to beat when we play them.

Pittsburgh I really think could go bad for us very quickly. Right now I see that as the toughest game in the first 6.

Baltimore, again I don't see anything to fear. Not in the same tier of opponent as Cinci, many more questions.

But it all start Thursday in Buffalo. Must get the win, and I believe they will if they believe they will - can't go in there with any doubts or feelings of deja vu. They've got a lot to prove after Sunday, here's a national stage to prove it. Don't be scared of Taylor getting a few runs against us, keep hitting him like we did Dalton.

I think we could be 4-2, but I think we will be 3-3; Pitt will be a loss, plus one of KC / Arizona / Seattle. 3-3 sets us up for a fighting chance the rest of the way; 2-4 would make it very tough with NE up twice.

I believe KC has one of the best home winning %'s over the last couple of years ... Wish that game was in NJ

(will try to look that up )

strong ... But not as monumentally good as I'd thought 

since Andy Reid got there. Home field records

5-3

6-2

6-2

1-0

10 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

My outlook of 9-7 still remains, although I had us beating Cinci originally.

After the Rats beat Arizona, I have a hard time thinking we cant win that game if we play well.

We will beat Buffalo.

KC game is a tough one, but its hard to pick at this juncture.

Steelers will beat us.

Seattle comes cross country to play us, which doesnt bode well for them. 

3-3 after week 6 is still in play in my opinion. This is why overreacting to the schedule before week one makes no sense.

Absolutely agree. I think the Jets go 3-3 if they win tonight. for the reasons you cite. If they lose tonight, I'm expecting an 0-6 start.

On 9/13/2016 at 10:45 PM, Jetster said:

Why the pessimism? 

I've never understood why Jet fans who have faith are made fun of? Jets are 0-1 & heading to Buffalo. Watkins is definitely not 100%, Cordy Glenn (their best Olineman is out), Darius is suspended, they're as thin as can be when it comes to depth. Our team just recorded 7 sacks vs what NFL.com ranked the #2 best Oline after Dallas. A nicked up Watkins isn't close to a healthy AJ Green. Last year vs the Bills we didn't have a pass catching RB to kill Rex in the flats on blitzes in both games & he knew it.

Thats not the case come Thursday with both Forte & Powell healthy. Marshall & Decker had so so games, Enunwa looks like he's ready for primetime, even J.Marshall got some runs at WR. We ran for over 150 yards vs NFL.coms #1 rated Dline on Sunday. 

Lets get to 1-1 & get 10 days to get ready for a team that Danny Woodhead sliced up. I'll go out on a limb & say if the Jets get up like the Chargers did 21-6, our Dline will end up hurting Alex Smith. You guys really are a bunch of pussies throwing in the towel after the 1st game of the year. 

I could not agree more man. I've come to fin it hilarious to come on here after a loss and check out the carnage. I can't say I don't get it because I do. I have been doom and gloom (then again I did have season tix from Coslett through Kotite) but it's one friggin game. A game where we dominated many areas and lost by a point which our PK coming off of injury missed for the first time in in his career.

BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!!!   :D

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I could not agree more man. I've come to fin it hilarious to come on here after a loss and check out the carnage. I can't say I don't get it because I do. I have been doom and gloom (then again I did have season tix from Coslett through Kotite) but it's one friggin game. A game where we dominated many areas and lost by a point which our PK coming off of injury missed for the first time in in his career.

BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!!!   :D

I hear ya man. I always have to remind myself that it's only a game. Sure, all of us that come here are totally invested & love the Jets, that's why we're here, but for anybody to come here on Monday without any hope, singing the SOJs tune is so off base its laughable. The one thing I will agree with is that it's depressing to have a journeyman QB who can't push the ball down the field. I see a guy like Derek Carr & it absolutely kills me that we could have had a guy like this and how the f*ck does a QB needy team for this many years, keep missing on these guys. Did you guys see his leap for a 1st down vs the Saints? Watching him just flick the ball with his wrist for 30 yards was excruciatingly painful knowing that Fitz has to have his feet completely set, spread at least 2-1/2' & wind up like a pitcher to get enough velocity on his ball. It is pretty sad.

But, that's the hand we've been dealt so I'll keep going all in until I have to fold. Even if we fold at least we'll see a young QB that can scare opposing defenses with the flick of a wrist. That alone will give me some hope for 2017.

11 hours ago, ljr said:

I believe KC has one of the best home winning %'s over the last couple of years ... Wish that game was in NJ

(will try to look that up )

strong ... But not as monumentally good as I'd thought 

since Andy Reid got there. Home field records

5-3

6-2

6-2

1-0

I think KC got the "home field advantage" reputation a while ago, when Arrowhead was a truly tough place to play, but that was when KC themselves were a much better team. Through the years it may have perpetuated a bit due to things like fan noise (I think they fought with Seattle recently over who had the noisiest stadium) but that can only do so much if the team isn't up to scratch.

I still don't see it as a foregone conclusion that we lose ... we will need to play well, but they're not a quick strike offense that gets 60+ yard plays all the time, they're more of a grind-it-out run -focused type team to me (4.4 ypc average), and I think we will fare better against these sorts of teams. Cincy didn't need a running game (3.0 ypc avg) because their passing game was so good. Cinci averaged 15.9 yards per completion against us; KC had 10.7 against SD.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sorry guys.  I tried to be hopeful for Fitz.  Really thought we'd beat KC.  Heck, even with 8 TOs it was still a somewhat close game.

I seriously underestimated how bad Fitz really is.  Won't happen again.

Agree Mike135 I tried also to support him IM DONE 

I want this guy far away from this team and if Bowles continues to play him he needs to go as well 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Mike135 I tried also to support him IM DONE 

I want this guy far away from this team and if Bowles continues to play him he needs to go as well 

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the roster is because no other QB on the roster can outplay him.

You are blaming all the wrong people.  Maccagnan, Bowles, Gailey, Woody, they don't dream about a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick, they don't want him here.  There's just no other option right now.  Blame Idzik for the Sanchez fiasco, blame Geno for failing to live up to expectations.  Start there.  Bowles is playing the guy who gives him the best chance to win.  He simply doesn't have a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the roster is because no other QB on the roster can outplay him.

You are blaming all the wrong people.  Maccagnan, Bowles, Gailey, Woody, they don't dream about a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick, they don't want him here.  There's just no other option right now.  Blame Idzik for the Sanchez fiasco, blame Geno for failing to live up to expectations.  Start there.  Bowles is playing the guy who gives him the best chance to win.  He simply doesn't have a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

Start one of the kids ; it's working in Philly .

2 hours ago, no psls said:

Start one of the kids ; it's working in Philly .

No, not yet.

Bryce Petty is not ready yet or he'd be starting or at least the #2.  And how many quarterbacks have we ruined by rushing them in.  Let's do it right this time, this season means nothing anyway, let's not get Bryce destroyed by the run of playoff teams we are facing early in the season.

Flip the switch to Petty in Week 10 when we are eliminated, then it makes perfect sense.  Not now.

SAR I

No, not yet.

Bryce Petty is not ready yet or he'd be starting or at least the #2.  And how many quarterbacks have we ruined by rushing them in.  Let's do it right this time, this season means nothing anyway, let's not get Bryce destroyed by the run of playoff teams we are facing early in the season.

Flip the switch to Petty in Week 10 when we are eliminated, then it makes perfect sense.  Not now.

SAR I

I agree with your take on this whole situation.

Fitz plays until mathematical playoff elimination. Then we get to see Petty.

My fear right now is that Petty's shoulder injury is more serious than is being let on. Hope I'm wrong on that.

2 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

I agree with your take on this whole situation.

Fitz plays until mathematical playoff elimination. Then we get to see Petty.

My fear right now is that Petty's shoulder injury is more serious than is being let on. Hope I'm wrong on that.

It looks to me like Fitzpatrick has a damaged shoulder go watch film he's got nothing on the ball and lacks accuracy. 

54 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Still think this team can go 3-3. 

Definitely.

Hey, the good thing about a journeyman quarterback is that they can unexpectedly play brilliantly.  With Ryan Fitzpatrick, the next great game is right around the corner.  Unfortunately, so is the next lousy game.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Still think this team can go 3-3. 

Yup. I agree. Seattle is still a winnable game. And possible an even more winnable game considering AS BAD as the Jets played vs KC, they were still in it for most of the game. The D still only gave up 17 points. And the embarrassment of such a beat down should very much have the whole Jets team ready for Seattle.  

Now, Pitt and Arizona will be very tough games. But winning one of the two to get to 3-3 is certainly not out of the question. 

People who say we will never win with Fitz seem to have very short term memories and forget what he did vs Buffalo against a supposedly good secondary. I think we all know Fitz can have great days and absolutely awful days. We've seen this movie before, so not sure why some are so surprised. The Jets beat themselves this week. They can still win vs. tough teams if they limit turnovers and sharpen up their execution.   

46 minutes ago, no psls said:

Excuse me ; I paid hard earned money for this season ; every season matters if I'm paying for tickets !!!!!!

Any season ticket holder knows that there are far more down years than up years, just look at the Broncos who went 6 years without a playoff berth before going on a Super Bowl run or the Bengals who went 14 years without making the postseason at one point.

No one likes a losing season, but sticking with the team in the down years as a STH is one of the reasons it's so rewarding when we finally do win it.

SAR I

Archived