The jury is still out, but it is beginning to look like this front office doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to quarterbacks

RutgersJetFan

Quarterbacks passed on...

Trevor Siemien

Paxton Lynch

Jacoby Brisset

Dak Prescot

...in favor of:

Bryce Petty

Christian Hackenberg

That's 4 quarterbacks capable of earning playing time and showing at least some glimmer of potential this season alone. In that amount of time we have 2 kids who can't beat out a guy that's thrown 9 picks in 2 games and a putz who can't set his watch or not post his dick on the Internet.

Macaggnan better hit on something for under center next year. Make no mistake about it, the only thing that matters in whomever runs this team is that they are capable of finding a quarterback. There have been several available in our draft positions and we passed. Passed! Not weren't even a position to draft, we just passed. Unacceptable. I know everyone is sick of turnover every 3-4 years, but good god with this. Add in Idzik's two years and the final years of Tannenbaum, and is astounding to look at the amount of young, blue chip quarterbacks that this franchise hasn't drafted: Carr, Bridgewater, Osweiller, Glennon, Wilson, and Dalton to name a bunch.

And the real kicker is this: The Jets have selected more quarterbacks than anyone else in that time. Really. That's the level at which this franchise has missed. And there is zero evidence to indicate Macaggnan is capable of breaking that cycle.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Well, so far, those four QB's you mention have had an opportunity.  Yet, the coaching staff sticks with the one QB, and the back up QB you know aren't the answer.  

That's because the 3rd string QB hasn't practiced in a month and the 4th string QB has been told he's not good enough to see the field this season. And he showed just that in the preseason as well.  

The plan for the season was to have a veteran manage the game while the def dominates.  We then develop one of these qbs for next year.

Plan has now changed because this defense is downright horrible. They are so bad it is forcing the qb to do things he is incapable of doing.

The defensive players and coaches are to blame for this mess.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Macaggnan better hit on something for under center next year. Make no mistake about it, the only thing that matters in whomever runs this team is that they are capable of finding a quarterback

This is the truth --and-- more than some of the Macc blow hards here want to concede. He got so high on americanos and Leonard-Williams-pats-on-the-back that he thought was bigger than the position.

WRONG. Nobody's above finding a franchise QB.

I have no problem showing him the door if he doesn't give us something tangible this offseason. Something more than Fcking Bryce Petty and Christian Hinderberg. I want a franchise QB. Fck your passion projects Macc.  

Yeah..I'm starting to get frustrated myself.

but I really like petty. Until I see what he's all about, you're right, the jury is still out.

add Derek Carr to that list, too, right?

even with this obvious QB issue, the defense is the thing that is infuriating me the most. They look like keystone cops.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The plan for the season was to have a veteran manage the game while the def dominates.  We then develop one of these qbs for next year.

Plan has now changed because this defense is downright horrible. They are so bad it is forcing the qb to do things he is incapable of doing.

Thought the defense is tired from being on the filed so damn much this offense cant get first downs they cant score they cant control the time of possession. 

The D has been a big disappointment 

So the defensive coaches and the players are causing Fitzpatrick to throw picks . Now let me understand , is that not their Job ?

Oh, my bad, you mean the Jets defensive players and coaches . Silly me .

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We then develop one of these qbs for next year.

Ohhhh, Ok... we just develop one. Just like that! Man, why didn't i think of that. Just add water, stick 'em in the oven, and next offseason - viola! Franchise QB out of scrap 4th round parts. 

Fcking brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ohhhh, Ok... we just develop one. Just like that! Man, why didn't i think of that. Just add water, stick 'em in the oven, and next offseason - viola! Franchise QB out of scrap 4th round parts. 

Fcking brilliant. 

Other teams are starting rookies that are better than our veteran piece of trash. 

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Quarterbacks passed on...

Trevor Siemien

Paxton Lynch

Jacoby Brisset

Dak Prescot

...in favor of:

Bryce Petty

Christian Hackenberg

I just read this again and started flaying myself with a grapefruit spoon. I hate this ******* team. Hate hate hate.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thought the defense is tired from being on the filed so damn much this offense cant get first downs they cant score they cant control the time of possession. 

The D has been a big disappointment 

Seattle had 21 first downs and the Jets had 20. Seattle had the ball for 90 seconds longer than the Jets. The defense isn't doing themselves any favors by not being able to get off of the field.  

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

it's more like the offense is so pathetic and turns the ball over so much that the defense can't keep up. regardless, it's bad and honestly this team needs a big change because last year's success was clearly a fluke and the jets would be smart to do what the eagles did, find your guy and do what you have to make it happen

An opportunity has presented itself again for the Jets to tank the season.

Take it and flat out TANK!

Get a top 3 pick and draft a QB once and for all to quash this neverending cycle of mediocrity or crap.

"You play to win the game" my a$$.  

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We passed on a quarterback with a first round grade for an inside linebacker. Whatever plan that is a part of sucks dick. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fcking brilliant. 

Tom brady, tony romo, dak prescott, trevor simeon, russell wilson, kirk cousin, tyrod taylor, brock osweiller and jimmy garapollo say hello.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Tom brady, tony romo, dak prescott, trevor simeon, russell wilson, kirk cousin, tyrod taylor, brock osweiller and jimmy garapollo say hello.

All of our QBs say fck off. 

To point to a handful of a QBs who have nothing in coming (not even developing) and try to suggest that they're somehow related to this discussion says everything I need to know about your grasp of this issue.

I can't kill Maccagnan for the quarterback position ... yet. 

Going into last season, he inherited a QB in Geno who was going into his third season and had shown promise (at times) in the past and he added a competent backup (Fitz) and picked a decent prospect that was available in the 4th round. There were no superstar quarterbacks that were available on the free agent market and no QB was worth the 6th overall pick in the draft. 

Going into this season, Fitz was arguably the best free agent QB available (scary thought now in hindsight). I mean, Nick Foles and Brian Hoyer may have sucked slightly less than Fitzpatrick, but that would have been a tough sell to the vets on the team and the fans. 

I can't kill Macc for passing on Dak or Brissett, they both went in the mid rounds so a lot of teams passed on both. I think you can criticize Macc for passing on Lynch, but we don't know how he is going to turn out yet. Lynch wasn't exactly a can't miss prospect. You can also criticize the decision for selecting Hackenburg so highly in the draft. 

The problem is we have the worst owner in NY Pro Sports history. He continues to hire inexperienced first timers all from the defensive side of the ball. He refuses to give an offensive coach the time of day and these defensive head coaches do not know the first thing about Quarterback development. I hate Woody Johnson because after all these years I've come to the realization that HE is the MAIN PROBLEM with this organization. The Jets continue to believe in the "Defense Wins Championships" meme of the LAST FRIGGING CENTURY. When will the Jets progress to "It's a QB-driven league" style of play? The only thing we have to wonder about is which defensive lineman are the Jets going to be picking in the first round next spring. I have nothing left and I just wish that my wife didn't need to keep watching so she and my son can discuss this debacle every week,year, century.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

4 games?

Try 15 minutes.  Lynch is a HOFer already according to the posters who know everything

No one is saying this.  They're saying if Lynch is average, then Lee was a bad pick.  And if Lynch is good, Lee was a disaster of a pick.

Archived