The jury is still out, but it is beginning to look like this front office doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to quarterbacks

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does ANYONE think petty can be just as good as lynch and/or osweiler?

I think he can. I think he would have thrown some nice enough deep passes to Marshall and Anderson that would have given us a chance. 

The inaccuracy of Fitz is crushing us. Other than his health, I have no problem with petty starting against the Steelers. No problem at all.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

LOL. Both of the recent QBs were forced to start way earlier than they should have. Look what happened to them

Smith started because Ryan left Sanchez in the Snoopy game and got hurt.  It had nothing to do with the fans.  Sanchez started as the fifth player taken in the draft, with Favre gone. Nothing to do with the fans.

You are just slandering Jet fans without basis.

I'm gonna come out and say it-our QB situation has been horribly mismanaged. Signing Fitz was a mistake. I said it before I'll say it again, we never should have signed Fitz. He may be better than Geno, but the drop off ain't much. Furthermore, if Petty is this badly injured he should be on IR. If he's not then given we have made the colossal mistake of signing Fitz, Geno should be cut and Petty the direct backup.

And while we're at it, while I have been in support of developing Hack, let's take the ******* kid gloves off here. DEN won a friggin SB and has all the pieces and had no bones letting Osweiler go, cutting Sanchez, and going with Semiean with Lynch as the direct backup. Hack should be dressed and ready to go in if need be. At least have him mentally engaged. If the only reason Geno is going to see the field is if Fitz gets hurt, then get him the **** out of here. If you can let a journeyman starter throw 10 picks in 4 games and not consider pulling him then your backup has no business on the team. Dress Hack, treat him like a man and throw his ass out on the field if need be. If he can't handle that then the NFL thanks you for your service, now bye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Incorrectly because one doesn't tens late to the other. Unlike Marino, Lynch wasn't on the board when Hackemberg was drafted

If Mac liked Hack better than Lynch I can live with it...What I can't live with is if he liked Lynch better and still passed on him to draft an ILB.

If you had told me we would go into 2016 with Petty, Hack and some "Veteran Insurance JAG", I'd have been fine with that.

The second you  say we're keeping Geno, I wanted (and still want) Fitz so Geno never sees the field.  Yes, i think he's worse than even what Fitz has shown so far.

End of the day, our future is Petty, Hack and whomever we presumably draft next Draft, since Macc seems to like the draft-on-every-year ethic.

So if we make a move this year, I deeply hope it's to Petty and to give him his first taste of real game experience.

Neither Fitz nor Geno are going to be here next year, so if we're no longer playing for 2016, it better be playing for the future, the real future, at QB.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If you had told me we would go into 2016 with Petty, Hack and some "Veteran Insurance JAG", I'd have been fine with that.

The second you  say we're keeping Geno, I wanted (and still want) Fitz so Geno never sees the field.  Yes, i think he's worse than even what Fitz has shown so far.

End of the day, our future is Petty, Hack and whomever we presumably draft next Draft, since Macc seems to like the draft-on-every-year ethic.

So if we make a move this year, I deeply hope it's to Petty and to give him his first taste of real game experience.

Neither Fitz nor Geno are going to be here next year, so if we're no longer playing for 2016, it better be playing for the future, the real future, at QB.

With that strategy though - guys can't get 3 years to develop.  It's one year on the sideline then you either gotta play or go.  I mean if we draft another QB next year Petty has to go or start.  Having him go in as your incumbent without any work would be crazy too.

Right now it just feels like there's no plan.

Maybe things would have been different if Petty hadn't gotten hurt.  And maybe Geno gets cut as soon as he's healthy....That would be the only thing that would make any sense.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seriously, do you not see what is wrong with your way of thinking .  I can examine my stand and come up with a reason why your way was the way to go.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Other teams turn the team over to a rookie QB a decent one they draft not here we draft the projects then we supposedly groom them yet we havent had a decent QB here in years. 

Im all for playing the rookies here and now. 

Activate Hack lets see what he's got. 

And they will destroy another QB.  We have NEVER groomed a QB on this team ever. 

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

Absolutely Goff.  The guy merited his selection.  He's off to a slow start.  Jets fans are supposed to be patient with a guy who sucked in college and was almost ubiquitously considered a poor prospect, but we're selling on the #1 overall pick already?

It's weird that I have to explain this again, since I literally just did.  It's not that any QB >>>> Lee, its that an average QB >>>> any linebacker short of an all-pro and a good QB >>>> any linebacker, period.

Lol, if we had traded up for Goff and he was the third string quarterback, somebody would have fire bombed MetLife.   I think Hackenburg has just as bright a future as Goff or Lynch once he gets his opportunity.   No matter who we would have drafted the odds are they would not be playing, at least not to start the season. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

If Mac liked Hack better than Lynch I can live with it...What I can't live with is if he liked Lynch better and still passed on him to draft an ILB.

I strongly doubt that was the case. 

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

GREEN BAY DID, YOU MORON!

They sat Aaron Rodgers for 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Young was sat for years behind Montana....

LOL Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Our rookies are learning a whole helluva a lot sitting behind Fitzpatrick LOL 

LOL NAME CALLING LOL DOES THE TRUTH HURT 

BLAH BLAH BLAH WHAT A BUNCH OF FOOLS 

52 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I strongly doubt that was the case. 

I tend to agree. It's likely he felt the upside potential of Hack was bigger than Lynch.  That he thought Hack had a better chance of being a franchise QB.  

But if he didn't - His thought process is very flawed and we're in trouble as an organization.

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

what this says is that the best run nfl teams can stick virtually anyone in and win, NE and denver.  

Every year we hear that NE is not as strong. But they win and win because of Brady.  It is true. The QB can be a  god

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

there are no failings at qb b/c the guys mccags picked haven't busted yet.  jets had no shot at goff/wentz/winston/mariotta.  i will be happy to complain if petty plays the last quarter of the season and sucks.  

They had shots at all of them except Winston. 

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Well yeah, that's the real problem. Every team's fans are loud and reactionary and dumb. It's not really an issue unless the owner listens to them.

It depends. Randy Lerner calls the sport American football complete with air quotes and couldn't tell you who won the game if you spotted him the final score, but Browns fans are even louder and dumber and more reactionary than we are so he just kept giving the baby the bottle until somebody met his ask. When the man says move, you got to move. This fanbase isn't quite as bad but the owner's basically Ed Koch with spectacles. That's a toxic cocktail.

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

And they will destroy another QB.  We have NEVER groomed a QB on this team ever. 

A guy truly capable of being a franchise player won't be ruined from having a couple bad years.

If Hack played  bad, and let it get to him? He wasn't the guy anyways. Why not at least give him live game experience?

15 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Brady behind Bledsoe

Technically yeah, but if they were being realistic about their Brady hopes in April of 2000, he was drafted to hopefully develop into a solid #2 behind Bledsoe, not to become the starter faster than Petty has grabbed (or Hackenberg likely grabs) the #2 job on a team with crappy players at both #1 and #2. 

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, but more so the fans.

Since when did you start selling Sunshine and Lollipops? The "fans" are frustrated because the product on the field is not delivering. Should the "fans" cheer how good our team is trying? Sounds like everyone gets a ribbon.

28 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

not worth giving up all those picks.  they could give up 5 #1s to get anyone hypothetically, but i doubt many here would be happy.

If St. Louis can move up from #15 to #1 without surrendering that, then we could move up from #20 - or last year, #6 - to #2. 

Moving up for Ryan was thought to be too steep. Then we used the picks we wouldn't surrender on Gholston & Sanchez (the latter also costing an additional 2nd and more). Plus the extra high rookie contract (old CBA) plus the reinvestment in Sanchez, plus the trade for Tebow to "push" him. 

If the QB solves our problem at the position he's worth the picks. 

The most unforgivable would be if Lynch pans out (and Hackenberg doesn't), for obvious reasons. Denver didn't merely draft him but they were also comfortable cutting Sanchez so the project could be the #2 as a rookie. Our rookie isn't even good enough to be the #3,

1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Since when did you start selling Sunshine and Lollipops? The "fans" are frustrated because the product on the field is not delivering. Should the "fans" cheer how good our team is trying? Sounds like everyone gets a ribbon.

I think you're reading into what I wrote more than intended. I was just referring to how deeply the site has been the past two weeks. 

Nothing to do with positive or negative vibes. Just a reflection on how the team failing empowers the dumbest part of our fan base to set the narratives.

Im frustrated too... very... but there's maybe only 20% sensibility in the current, reactionary site content.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think you're reading into what I wrote more than intended. I was just referring to how deeply the site has been the past two weeks. 

Nothing to do with positive or negative vibes. Just a reflection on how the team failing empowers the dumbest part of our fan base to set the narratives.

Im frustrated too... very... but there's maybe only 20% sensibility in the current, reactionary site content.

Don't mean to read anything into it, I just understand the frustration on the board. I think the vocal minority always comes out when things are not going the way we wish they were. I could site examples, but we're not s'posed to talk politics ?

23 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Seattle had 21 first downs and the Jets had 20. Seattle had the ball for 90 seconds longer than the Jets. The defense isn't doing themselves any favors by not being able to get off of the field.  

I saw a secondary lit up by Calvin Pryor's inability to cover anyone at any time. His guy caught two of the three touchdown passes Wilson threw. And he is still trying to find how Travis Kelce got so wide open. I wonder how much longer is Todd Bowles going to keep this guy in the lineup. In my book the defense has let down a lot, especially in this porous secondary. Every team in the league is going to score on us if they have a halfway decent TE. I agree that Fitzpatrick is struggling and the team shows no inclination to pull him, so we are stuck with him until we are out of contention and then Petty will get his chance. I have no idea if he is the answer, but I am certainly not going out on the limb of woe some of you guys have climbed out to.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's like they can't decide whether they want to watch chess and complain about the pace or watch professional wrestling and complain about the choreography.

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Lol, if we had traded up for Goff and he was the third string quarterback, somebody would have fire bombed MetLife.   I think Hackenburg has just as bright a future as Goff or Lynch once he gets his opportunity.   No matter who we would have drafted the odds are they would not be playing, at least not to start the season. 

The question wasn't Goff and multiple 1s.  It was Goff or Lee.  Yes, if we traded up for Goff and he was 3rd string people would be upset.  But that doesn't change the fact that QBs have significantly more value than linebackers.

As for Hackenberg's future.  I hope you're right and myself, stats, advanced metrics, game tape, and almost all the analysts are wrong.

Archived