Scale of 1-10 your confidence in the Jets after each week 1-4

TuscanyTile2

Going into the season I wasn't all that optimistic but was hoping our D might take a great leap forward plus our young WRs would make an impact, leading to a surprisingly good record.

After week 1, when we should've beaten Cincy, I had the Jets rated at like an 8 (maybe 7.5).  We had all those sacks and our O seems promising

After week 2, I was glad we won but a little surprised at how many points our D gave up.  My confidence in the team dropped to like a 6.

After week 3, my confidence in the Jets dropped to like a 3

After week 4, it dropped to a 2.

8-6-3-2 is definitely the wrong direction.  I have a feeling this will be one of those seasons where it's a lost season early but then we'll have a run in the 2nd half leading to false hope for next year.  I think overall they deserve like a 4-5 confidence rating.  Basically around a 7 win team.  It's the worst case scenario because if you pick top 2, you can usually get a franchise QB.  If you pick like 13th, you have to trade a lot of assets to move up to pick the QB and thus the stakes are a lot higher.  If you're wrong, you're screwed for several years.

Little did we know how much that week 1 loss was going to sting.  At the time, it was easy to look at the brightside, played a perennial playoff team tough and caught a bad break with Folk missing a FG and the blocked XP.  Looking back, that win would've been huge.  Much different perspective at 2-2 than 1-3.

I was very confident at the beginning of the year even after week 1. But our D has been a disappointment and keeps giving up big plays. And our offense isn't good enough to dig us out of holes our D is putting us in. So overall not a good team performance. We have lost decisively the past two weeks after playing competitively the first two weeks. Can the CS shore up the problems esp with the secondary. Is Fitz going to perform more like he did against the Bills and lead us to comebacks or just be fair to below average or worse, So right now I don't give us a good chance to beat the Steelers. But if we do and surprise everybody esp ourselves this conversation will change fast. Right now I'm looking at an 8-8 and no playoffs. And that's being optimistic. 

6 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Little did we know how much that week 1 loss was going to sting.  At the time, it was easy to look at the brightside, played a perennial playoff team tough and caught a bad break with Folk missing a FG and the blocked XP.  Looking back, that win would've been huge.  Much different perspective at 2-2 than 1-3.

agreed and its HOW we lost. Poor management, poor execution. All of which simply got worse. The Buffalo game was like..OK, we can contend.  But we can't.

The one bright spot???  Considering how mych we turn it over, I expected a bigger blow out weeks 3 and 4. If FITZ can simply stay on the field... we have a punchers chance.

we give them the ball too quickly via turnover and 3 and out.

Hard to get beyond a 2. The Jets don't have answers in the secondary, Fitz is playing like crap, and Bowles is coaching like a wooden indian. After the bloodbath that will be Pittsburgh, we will get to mop up our sorry tails with another beating by mediocre Arizona.  I see nothing to get my hopes up this year. Jets are playing like it's preseason. Sloppy, undisciplined, predictable, uninspired. Sad, but true.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Going into the season I wasn't all that optimistic but was hoping our D might take a great leap forward plus our young WRs would make an impact, leading to a surprisingly good record.

After week 1, when we should've beaten Cincy, I had the Jets rated at like an 8 (maybe 7.5).  We had all those sacks and our O seems promising

Pretty much agree there.

After week 2, I was glad we won but a little surprised at how many points our D gave up.  My confidence in the team dropped to like a 6.

Confidence went up for me to like 8. I wasn't too worried about a few fluke plays.

After week 3, my confidence in the Jets dropped to like a 3

Confidence did take a serious hit but mainly due to Bowles more than Fitz. I'd say a 4. 

After week 4, it dropped to a 2.

After wk 4, and Bowles "no loss in confidence" in Fitz, I'd say my confidence in this team dropped to about a 1.

Week 1:   6   (7 sacks)

Week 2:   6  (beat a weak team)

Week 3:   0 (certain the season was over in the 2nd quarter)

Week 4:   0 (season already over)

Rest of season:  0   (Even if they do the Jets thing and beat Pittsburgh and tease fans that they can go on a run, remember, not a chance in hell it lasts with this defense.)

Fitz

Confidence in Fitz hasn't moved much.  I was under no illusion he was any good, ever.

Beginning of the season: 3

Now: 2

Team

The secondary is scaring me, but I'm also pleasantly surprised by the Oline, young receivers and rookie LBs.

Beginning of the season: 8

Now: 7

Bowles

Perhaps he is getting pressured from above on the QB situation, but until proven otherwise, gotta blame the coach. He also seems to have 0 ability to have the team ready to play or make in-game adjustments.  His tough, old school, "stand up guy" routine in interviews is already old.  Explain why the team sucks w/o saying the same BS every time, and then do something about it.  Basically grow some balls.

Went from thinking we may have a real good coach here, to the point now I wouldn't mind if he was fired mid-season.  He really sucks.  Almost as much as Fitz.

Now: 2.5

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Use all the draft picks on QB's until we find the guy. 

Bingo!  That step 1.

But step 2 is even more important.  While we have the young QBs, make sure to drastically overpay for sh!t older useless journeyman QBs so we never actually play the young talent.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz

Confidence in Fitz hasn't moved much.  I was under no illusion he was any good, ever.

Beginning of the season: 3

Now: 2

Team

The secondary is scaring me, but I'm also pleasantly surprised by the Oline, young receivers and rookie LBs.

Now: 7

Bowles

Perhaps he is getting pressured from above on the QB situation, but until proven otherwise, gotta blame the coach. He also seems to have 0 ability to have the team ready to play or make in-game adjustments.  His tough, old school, "stand up guy" routine in interviews is already old.  Explain why the team sucks w/o saying the same BS every time, and then do something about it.  Basically grow some balls.

Went from thinking we may have a real good coach here, to the point now I wouldn't mind if he was fired mid-season.  He really sucks.  Almost as much as Fitz.

Now: 2.5

Damn it, Jet fandom is ingrained entirety too much in me.

Just watched Bowles and Fitz on Jets Open Mic.  As much as I fought it, confidence rose a bit.  They're some likeable dudes.

Bowles goes from 2.5 to 3.5.

Fitz goes from a 2 to a 2.1.

We're so gonna outscore Ben/Brown/Bell! 

My level is at the lowest it can possibly be. Our defense is playing bad, our offensive line cannot open anything up for the running game, Decker is hurt, and we have the dumbest "smart QB" in the history of football. Fitz can come out and throw 6 touchdowns, and I will not develop any form of confidence for him. 

We need to start Petty at some point during the season. 

5-6 wins and thats being optimistic. Fitz blows, Geno is no better, holding out hope for Petty, and no faith in Hack or our secondary. This hurricane will blow my satellite off my roof so hopefully I get service back when Petty starts in 3-4 weeks. My confidence level is at about a 2.

Archived