Do I really want to pay this garbage anymore ?

no psls

I've had Jet season tickets since 1978 . In the past 30 years , the Jets have only had two home playoff games . TWO !!! Are they really trying ? I usually get to games at least 5 hours before the start to tailgate and try to enjoy some portion of the day before the Jets take the field and ruin the rest of the day . I think I've finally seen enough . This organization will never change . Who am I kidding ? As long as Woody gets his money , he's happy . My love of football has waned in the last few years . I can barely watch a Super Bowl anymore after the 17 week torture from my home team . This is a very tough decision because Sunday's in the parking lot has become part of me . The Jets are making my decision very easy . What is it when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result ? BEING A JET FAN !!!!!!

I'm in the same boat, get there when the gates open, have a fun tailgate (although now it will be a lot smaller), and hope to see a competitive team.  This team sucks in every aspect, QB blows and can't hit a open receiver in stride, his beard is stupid, the D can't stop anyone and the coach shows as much emotion as a rock.  WTF......

17 minutes ago, no psls said:

I've had Jet season tickets since 1978 . In the past 30 years , the Jets have only had two home playoff games . TWO !!! Are they really trying ? I usually get to games at least 5 hours before the start to tailgate and try to enjoy some portion of the day before the Jets take the field and ruin the rest of the day . I think I've finally seen enough . This organization will never change . Who am I kidding ? As long as Woody gets his money , he's happy . My love of football has waned in the last few years . I can barely watch a Super Bowl anymore after the 17 week torture from my home team . This is a very tough decision because Sunday's in the parking lot has become part of me . The Jets are making my decision very easy . What is it when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result ? BEING A JET FAN !!!!!!

I understand you. Go the stubhub route. Getting season tickets is easy nowadays. Drop your tickets until team shows promise. You can go back to season tickets anytime you want. 

1 hour ago, no psls said:

Wait they played kc and New England at home in 85 and 86 and played jax and Indy in 1998 and 2002 so it's almost 4 lol I had season tix from 1978-2007 and dumping them was one of the best things I ever did.

1 hour ago, no psls said:

I no longer miss it. i dont miss the games. i dont miss the tailgating.  I dont miss any of it.

Depends what the team does moving forward.

If they continue to play Fitz?  Dump your tickets.

But if they basically start 2017 now, keep 'em.  This involves finding 2017's QB.  If Petty needs a couple more weeks of practice before starting, start Geno.  Then Petty and then Hack.  Move down the line until one sticks.  It'll either produce a QB for us, or put us in a spot to draft one.

At least the second option shows the team is trying.  Option 1 means they're completely disrespecting you while they take your money.

Barring injury, Fitz shouldn't even dress the rest of the season.  He shouldn't take another practice rep.  Maybe just cut him outright to give the roster spot to a young guy.

Very hard to dump tickets if you paid the PSL fees you will lose your money.  I walked away years ago I miss the tailgates and being part of the action on Sundays but time heals.  I go occasionally neighbor has season tickets or I treat myself to first row seats off Ticketmaster this season im staying away the team is not worth the time.effort or money involved with a day at the stadium. I salute the diehards and those that continue the grind very dedicated fans who are committed. I hope to someday get back in the game and buy PSL seats to enjoy like I did for years.

16 hours ago, no psls said:

Sucks to be you.

I'm 36.  Had season tickets in my name since I was 11.  My girlfriend is already fine with letting me do my tailgate routine for every Jets home game.  I get on line with my father and sister at 7:25 AM and the lots don't even open until 8 AM.  

The last four home games may be a ghost town.  Three night games at home in a row (I doubt they flex out the Pats game) and a 1 PM kickoff on New Years Day.  

All that being said I always say I'll do this until I'm 90.  

15 hours ago, BP said:

Wait they played kc and New England at home in 85 and 86 and played jax and Indy in 1998 and 2002 so it's almost 4 lol I had season tix from 1978-2007 and dumping them was one of the best things I ever did.

2002? Seriously? What the ****. That's true? It's true isn't it. Oh my god.

17 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I understand you. Go the stubhub route. Getting season tickets is easy nowadays. Drop your tickets until team shows promise. You can go back to season tickets anytime you want. 

That is great except for when you have built amazing friendships with the people you sit close to. In that case we ride it out together.

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I'm 36.  Had season tickets in my name since I was 11.  My girlfriend is already fine with letting me do my tailgate routine for every Jets home game.  I get on line with my father and sister at 7:25 AM and the lots don't even open until 8 AM.  

The last four home games may be a ghost town.  Three night games at home in a row (I doubt they flex out the Pats game) and a 1 PM kickoff on New Years Day.  

Omg, those night games are going to look like preseason in the stands.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is great except for when you have built amazing friendships with the people you sit close to. In that case we ride it out together.

This is true. When the jets played at shea we sat next to two gigantic dudes from Connecticut. Our seats were behind home plate at shea in the mezzanine right in line with the upper deck. Some douche dumped beer on purpose down on our level and soaked the two gigantic dudes and then leaned over the upper deck and taunted us. I remember them saying like Arnold Schwarzenegger "we'll be back" at halftime. They came back at the start of the 3rd quarter and all hostile activity from the upper deck had ceased. Great guys those two gigantic guys from Connecticut. 

20 hours ago, Lil Bit Special said:

I no longer miss it. i dont miss the games. i dont miss the tailgating.  I dont miss any of it.

Yeah but you used to drive in from Massachusetts lol I wouldn't miss that commute either

Depends on your financial situation obviously. If you can afford it, keep them. Cause I bet the season ticket holders at Fenway in 2004, or at the Garden in 94 for the Rangers were able to finally feel that redemption live and in person. I can't imagine how amazing it is to actually being at a game like that for a perennial loser franchise. 

If moneys tight, give them up. Cause "mickey mantle will never pay my rent..."

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Depends on your financial situation obviously. If you can afford it, keep them. Cause I bet the season ticket holders at Fenway in 2004, or at the Garden in 94 for the Rangers were able to finally feel that redemption live and in person. I can't imagine how amazing it is to actually being at a game like that for a perennial loser franchise. 

If moneys tight, give them up. Cause "mickey mantle will never pay my rent..."

You know the day you give up your STs, the franchise will go on a run and become a dynasty.

If you can you should never give them up.  And upgrade whenever you can.

If the team sucks, you can always sell them on SH to recoup some of your costs.

I have Knicks, Devils and Rutgers STs also.

They all suck now too.

But one day one (some) of them has to go on a run and that's when the payoff comes.

26 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

You know the day you give up your STs, the franchise will go on a run and become a dynasty.

They all suck now too.

But one day one (some) of them has to go on a run and that's when the payoff comes.

They haven't since I gave up mine and Woody Johnson isn't paying my mortgage,college tuition,car insurance and property taxes. 

Walking away is hard as hell to do but a season like this year makes it so much easier. 

27 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

They all suck now too.

I agree, but depending on his financial situation its up in the air. Its tough to sell tickets and break even when the team is 1-5. But if anyone can afford to keep them. I'm all for it, like you said that eventual/hopeful day comes you wil reap the benefits.

11 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The last game was the first time I was ever there before 8am. I never understood the line, but now with the RV I need to get in early to make sure I have room to park it.

But -- that was fun. Parked and just sat on the couch, started tailgating a little early. :)

It will definitely be a ghost town though the rest of the year!

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

2002? Seriously? What the ****. That's true? It's true isn't it. Oh my god.

At least in the 80's you could get a home wild card game. 

Now, the only way you get a home playoff game is if you win the division.  When do you see us overtaking BB? 

For me, it's not even the lack of winning a SB, I get that, it's rare.  It's the lack of winning anything really, and the fact that they are not competitive, and they aren't going anywhere for years.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, no psls said:

I feel you I really do, I used to tailgate outside of Shea in the Roosevelt Ave parking lot. The team was not this bad back then, so I would go tailgate if I were you then leave before the slaughter starts. At least you avoid the hideous traffic!

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last game was the first time I was ever there before 8am. I never understood the line, but now with the RV I need to get in early to make sure I have room to park it.

But -- that was fun. Parked and just sat on the couch, started tailgating a little early. :)

It will definitely be a ghost town though the rest of the year!

Do you go in the same entrance as @JoeC36. I wait in the same line as him.  If you're there Sunday I'll say hello.  

On 10/18/2016 at 8:24 AM, Lil Bit Special said:

I do miss the tailgating. And really while the guys I went with will always be friends and we do still get together, we don't do that any more. It's a long day usually ending badly. 

My wife and I have had a lot going on the last few years. We have been busy with our house, kids homework, kids sports, continuing our own education. We were just talking the other night about getting tickets again in 2017. For us it was never about record - but more about getting together with friends and enjoying the games. But thats just us. If you are attending Jets games for Super Bowl runs, then you probably should give them up. lol

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Do you go in the same entrance as @JoeC36. I wait in the same line as him.  If you're there Sunday I'll say hello.  

I don't think so. I heard Joe C comes in the back door.

But I get off the Turnpike at Exit 16W and come in that main entrance. Last game they had me take a left and wait on the yellow line, even though I was parking in a green lot.  It would be cool if we were all in the same line though.

Archived