To the "Geno Guys" that were yapping all week.

Jet_Engine1

Your entire motivation and schtick this week fell into one of two trains of thought:

1. "You BETTER not run and hide after Geno triumphantly takes the field, tosses some TDs, and wins the game, you dirty rotten haters"

Or

2. "Geno will need to be perfect, because if he isn't, but still wins and throws for 250 and a couple of TDs it won't be good enough for the HATERS"

Well. Looks.like we need to have an option number 3: Geno looked OK throwing the ball, but since he still has zero field awareness and doesn't have the good sense to know when to climb the pocket, or break the pocket and throw the ball away, he managed to get sacked a couple of times, with the last one causing him injury and may have cost him a chance to put some tape up in a tryout for his next contract or team. Because he still runs around behind the LOS like a chicken with its head cut off making bad things happen.

Now, as I remember correctly, the Jets were DOWN at that point, and the hated Fitz had to come in cold, and led a TD drive immediately and did enough (complimented by a suddenly invigorated defense and running game) to get a win.

So. Looks like we're left in a quandary here..

CAN we all join hands, and join in the new song of our people....

PET-TY!  PET-TY!  PET-TY!

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If you would just listen to me for a change and go Mongo on the people that deserve it we wouldn't have these incidents anymore.

Yes we would. Like a Hydra. Ban one three more sign up. Or in most cases the same person over and over again. 

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Your entire motivation and schtick this week fell into one of two trains of thought:

1. "You BETTER not run and hide after Geno triumphantly takes the field, tosses some TDs, and wins the game, you dirty rotten haters"

Or

2. "Geno will need to be perfect, because if he isn't, but still wins and throws for 250 and a couple of TDs it won't be good enough for the HATERS"

Well. Looks.like we need to have an option number 3: Geno looked OK throwing the ball, but since he still has zero field awareness and doesn't have the good sense to know when to climb the pocket, or break the pocket and throw the ball away, he managed to get sacked a couple of times, with the last one causing him injury and may have cost him a chance to put some tape up in a tryout for his next contract or team. Because he still runs around behind the LOS like a chicken with its head cut off making bad things happen.

Now, as I remember correctly, the Jets were DOWN at that point, and the hated Fitz had to come in cold, and led a TD drive immediately and did enough (complimented by a suddenly invigorated defense and running game) to get a win.

4.  Geno gets booboo and calls for the wambulance. ...would have liked to see what if any receivers were open downfield during those sacks..one of which took time..csmeta never showed though.

37 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ban me, then. There are other sites I can go to. If what I said is untrue or offensive, ban the sh*t out of me. You'll probably be doing me a favor.

Do as you will.

So go.

The switch to Geno definitely served a valuable purpose.  He also had at least 2 dropped passes, so his stats would have been better.

But we saw how the offense could work with big fast receivers and someone who can throw them the ball.  It seemed like the field was much better.

But we also saw Geno's flaws.  Its not a coincidence that Fitz has avoided injury-he gets rid of the ball (unfortunately to the other team oftentimes, but he gets rid of the ball).

For Geno to be a viable starter somewhere, he needs to work on his field and pocket awareness.  I understand that conversation has been going on for a long time.

Yes, maybe Petty or Hack can be the QB that brings all of the pieces.

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Or

Lol, the D sh*t down Baltimore in the second half, not Fitz. The D literally have the ball to Fitz at the 3 and at the 24 yard line of the Ravens on consecutive drives. Fitz manages ZERO positive yards from there. Forte gets everything on the ground, so yay Fitz! Did I mention we had a special teams TD against us? Yeah, IDK how Geno allowed that. Oh and Fitz got sacked 3 times. So let's b!tch about Geno's 2 sacks, pun intended. 

I didnt see anyone 'yapping' about how Geno was going to to be somehow a changed man and light the place up, just that he was going to be better than Fitz...which he was.

Maybe I missed something here or maybe you're drunk and overreacting on an internet message-board.

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

Lol, the D sh*t down Baltimore in the second half, not Fitz. The D literally have the ball to Fitz at the 3 and at the 24 yard line of the Ravens on consecutive drives. Fitz manages ZERO positive yards from there. Forte gets everything on the ground, so yay Fitz! Did I mention we had a special teams TD against us? Yeah, IDK how Geno allowed that. Oh and Fitz got sacked 3 times. So let's b!tch about Geno's 2 sacks, pun intended. 

Well, if Geno just scored a TD on that drive ... no need to punt. Simple! :-P 

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

Well, if Geno just scored a TD on that drive ... no need to punt. Simple! :-P 

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

.....Well. Looks.like we need to have an option number 3: Geno looked OK throwing the ball, but since he still has zero field awareness and doesn't have the good sense to know when to climb the pocket, or break the pocket and throw the ball away, he managed to get sacked a couple of times, with the last one causing him injury and may have cost him a chance to put some tape up in a tryout for his next contract or team. Because he still runs around behind the LOS like a chicken with its head cut off making bad things happen.

It's a shame how hate makes people blind. Did you even watch the game? 

Geno did fine it was his first game back. He threw the ball well, he is not without some flaws but has played better than Fitz did during his short time in. He still drops back too far but to be fair he did step up in the pocket and avoided pressure. I would like to see him play a few more games.

I don't want to see Petty until the CS feels he is 100% ready and recovered, however, if Geno sh*ts the bed that's a different story.

See I think Fitz's field awareness has been brutal this year. There was one play in particular the announcers pointed out where Fitz had all the time in the world, he had Forte wide open 5 yards in front of him and he had room to run. But because he had so much time he was waiting for something to develop down field. It never did. I can't remember if he ended up getting sacked or if it was an incomplete pass but that play illustrates to me the problem with him.

He doesn't always realize what he is. He's not good enough to take the gambles he takes. He needs to just worry about moving the ball down the field and cutting down his turnovers.

6 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I'm not sure how you argue that Fitz played better.  Geno played better, albeit both QBs were helped out by the receiver on their TDs.  Now I haven't seen the coaches tapes, but it sure looked like Geno was leading the offense better. 

I don't know. The SNY guys said Fitz was running it better. 

Archived