On Monday, Bowles will name a starting QB, who will it be?

Maxman

On Monday, Bowles will name a starting QB, who will it be?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will Todd Bowles name...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only do I think Bowles will happily go back to Fitz as his starter on Monday, I am pretty convinced that if he remains head coach then next year we will have as starter whatever useless beat up veteran the Jets start as QB, Bowles simply does not have what it takes to start a young QB and let him develop and has no control on the veterans on this team. He is clearly the worst of all the defensive minded head coaches we have hired the last almost 20 years,

We will find out soon enough.

I will say this, if they insist of going the veteran route again next year, watching Jay Cutler today really made me hope they don't ever have a crazy thought of bringing him here.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:57 AM, Maxman said:

Just to clarify, for your vote....I am not asking who YOU think he will pick. I am asking who TODD BOWLES will pick.

Thanks for the clarification. I was going to answer with the player I thought the coach would pick, but now I know to answer with what I think is the player THE COACH will pick.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:26 PM, joewilly12 said:

Agree we have no choice but to audition Petty for 2 more games and then Hack for the final 3 so we know where we stand at the QB position going into the offseason we might not a have an NFL worthy QB on the roster. 

Hack does not belong on the field in 2016 unless Petty is awful, or he gets hurt.  And by awful, I mean he makes Ryan Lindley look like Drew Brees.

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Hack does not belong on the field in 2016 unless Petty is awful, or he gets hurt.  And by awful, I mean he makes Ryan Lindley look like Drew Brees.

I disagree we cannot coddle our QB's if he's not capable of taking a snap this season then Maccagnan blew that 2nd round pick. 

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Thanks for the clarification. I was going to answer with the player I thought the coach would pick, but now I know to answer with what I think is the player THE COACH will pick.

Yes, I typed that wrong. I think most people understood. Meant not who you would pick, who you think Bowles will pick.

This is a team who struggles to play competitive football against the Brown's. Fitz is rated the worst QB in the NFL. This is probably the worst Fitz has played in his career. If Bowles even entertains a thought of trotting Fitz out there he needs a psychological evaluation. It's a no brainer. Petty gets the start.

This is a team who struggles to play competitive football against the Brown's. Fitz is rated the worst QB in the NFL. This is probably the worst Fitz has played in his career. If Bowles even entertains a thought of trotting Fitz out there he needs a psychological evaluation. It's a no brainer. Petty gets the start.

Agree completely. The Jets season is long over. Give Petty the starts. If he starts to look like an NFL QB stick with it. If, like last week, he starts to look somewhere in the Geno/Tebow bottom of the dumpster QB level...Hack time.

Its a win win. Maybe we find a young QB and we also probably find a top 5 draft pick

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I'd be surprised if Bowles didn't go back to Fitz.  Because Jets.

This is not just a Jets issue, many NFL teams would do the same.  Teams just don't toss in the towel until they are mathematically out of the playoffs.  There would not be many teams who would make the switch until that 8th loss comes up.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is not just a Jets issue, many NFL teams would do the same.  Teams just don't toss in the towel until they are mathematically out of the playoffs.  There would not be many teams who would make the switch until that 8th loss comes up.

But what has Fitz shown in 2016 that gives any hope he could lead a playoff run? That's the problem. He's been one of the worst QBs in the league.

30 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

But what has Fitz shown in 2016 that gives any hope he could lead a playoff run? That's the problem. He's been one of the worst QBs in the league.

He played very well last year and lead the team to 10 wins, it's pretty simple.

Archived