Albert Breer: Harbaugh to Rams "very real possibility"

AFJF

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Jim-Harbaugh-to-Los-Angeles-Rams-a-real-possibility-49740487

im Harbaugh's long-rumored return to the NFL is heating up, according to Monday Morning Quarterback’s senior NFL reporter Albert Breer.

Breer appeared last week on Colin Cowherd's show and expressed overall discontent, from sources, within the Los Angeles Rams organization despite head coach Jeff Fisher's recent contract extension. 

Following Breer's segment, Cowherd said: “By the way, Albert Breer on the way out said that Jim Harbaugh to the Rams rumor is a very real thing.”

Breer's comment came prior to the Rams' 42-14 beating at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. The Rams were never competitive, trailed 35-0 after three quarters, and drew a litany of boos at home throughout.

Harbaugh coached the San Francisco 49ers from 2011-14 and managed a 44-19 record with a Super Bowl appearance before disagreements with the front office led to his current stop at Michigan.

NFL rumors seem to surface monthly surrounding one of college football's top-level coaches, but Breer believes Harbaugh is definitely on the Rams' radar.

Didn't Fisher just sign an extension? And why on earth would Harbaugh leave Michigan to come back to the NFL. He's shown himself to be a top tier college coach at two schools now, he's at his alma mater and has them on the cusp of the playoffs, and he practically owns the state of Michigan. That's the perfect job. He could coach there for the next 20 years.

I'm of the opinion that Harbaugh is loving where he is professionally (living within 50 miles of G.O.B. notwithstanding), and is already paid like an elite NFL HC.

If that's not the case, and if he goes to freaking Los Angeles without us outbidding them I don't know what to think. Either he just wanted to move back to California, in which case it wasn't a matter of money/power, or it is a matter of money/power and we didn't pony up enough of either one. 

For a team in disarray, like the Rams and Jets, clout right now should be like Belichick, where he gets hired as HC and he then selects the GM. Given the job done by our pair of boobs, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Question is (regarding this leaked rumor) if he's just on the Rams' radar or if the interest is at all mutual.

So the Rams just announced the extension to Fisher, yet are now re-thinking it and will waste 2 years of compensation to admit a mistake? Organizations don't typically do that.

And what are the reasons that Harbaugh would leave Michigan? It is a world class job with a great university and he can call his shots and recruit in the manner that he deems will make his team successful.

Makes no sense at all

10 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

Didn't Fisher just sign an extension? And why on earth would Harbaugh leave Michigan to come back to the NFL. He's shown himself to be a top tier college coach at two schools now, he's at his alma mater and has them on the cusp of the playoffs, and he practically owns the state of Michigan. That's the perfect job. He could coach there for the next 20 years.

Don't forget that NINE MILLION DOLLAR SALARY.

Why would he leave that?   He's a moron if he does. 

37 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If there is a chance of Harbaugh coming back to the NFL, we need to offer up any and everything to get him as coach.

I believe that firing Bowles after 2 seasons is a mistake.

But if we had the opportunity to get Jim Harbaugh I'd be all over it.

Harbaugh is one of those coaches you give everything to if he's interested in the job.

14 minutes ago, SMC said:

I don't think Harbaugh leaves Michigan until he beats Ohio State.  The Rams is a bad job to take.  There are likely to be better jobs for him to take in the future.

You are probably right about him staying until he wins it all, but the Rams are not a bad job.

New city; new stadium; potential franchise QB. Not too bad.

1 hour ago, August said:

Why would he leave college and a program that he owns? 

Good question, unless he believes in Goff, the talent on defense, Gurley and thinks he can make it work. If you don't like Goff, that job is a trainwreck. No way he would leave Michigan and guaranteed success for a decade to start over with the Rams. 

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Harbaugh is one of those coaches you give everything to if he's interested in the job.

Same exact thoughts here.  If there is even a REMOTE chance that Harbaugh wants to come back, I'll pay for Bowles flight outta NJ and offer the rest of my salary to help pay for good ole Jim to come here.

Highly doubt he's leaving Michigan though.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Same exact thoughts here.  If there is even a REMOTE chance that Harbaugh wants to come back, I'll pay for Bowles flight outta NJ and offer the rest of my salary to help pay for good ole Jim to come here.

Totally agree too.  Harbaugh is a program changer, hes a stud you make exceptions for.

That said I just dont see why he would leave a dream college spot for a questionable position with a organization that is hardly proving itself to make sound decisions other than to take the money and run.  I know hes a WC guy but hes got a great job at a great program and ready to challenge Alabama

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He may be in play and he may not, but if he is, and it's the Rams, I'd venture to guess it has more to do with getting back  to the West Coast than anything.  As others have said, why in the world would he leave Michigan?  He even went out and had Bo Shembeckler style glasses made to wear on the sidelines FFS.

22 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Yea I want Bowles back...unless we can get a guy like Harbaugh. Thats a franchise changing decision (for the better).

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Totally agree too.  Harbaugh is a program changer, hes a stud you make exceptions for.

That said I just dont see why he would leave a dream college spot for a questionable position with a organization that is hardly proving itself to make sound decisions other than to take the money and run.  I know hes a WC guy but hes got a great job at a great program and ready to challenge Alabama

Stan Kroenke pisses on what the Michigan alumnus are worth combined and the Rams need to sell out a shiny new stadium. Not hard to see where this one might go. $9 million a year and an ironic pair of glasses is fun, but it's not LA dollars.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Stan Kroenke pisses on what the Michigan alumnus are worth combined and the Rams need to sell out a shiny new stadium. Not hard to see where this one might go. $9 million a year and an ironic pair of glasses is fun, but it's not LA dollars.

Does he like Goff because he will be stuck with him

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Woody should offer $12M per and full control. 

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There are 24 billionaires listed as University of Michigan alumni.  Not sneezing at his 9 billion dollar net worth but hes not pissing on their combined worth anytime soon.

I do get what youre saying though 

Archived