Vic Beasley making the L. Williams pick look awful

Joe W. Namath

I dont want to hear how leonard williams was a good pick.  It was actually a terrible pick.  When your biggest need is pass rush and you pass on a guy who in year 2 leads the league in sacks and is being talked about as Defensive Player of the Year?

What was mac thinking going Matt Millen wide reciever style on dlineman?  

Vic Beasley is becoming, if not already, the best pass rusher in the league.  It was the biggest need we had on D and Mac didnt take him.  Just awful.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys arent getting it.  It was a layup pick.  

Williams or Beasley.  Well, we have 2 young promising dlineman but we need and outside speed rusher.  We will pass on williams and take beasley here.

Mac has made mistakes in his 1st 2 years.  This is his biggest by far.  A collosal miss.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

You guys arent getting it.  It was a layup pick.  

Williams or Beasley.  Well, we have 2 young promising dlineman but we need and outside speed rusher.  We will pass on williams and take beasley here.

Mac has made mistakes in his 1st 2 years.  This is his biggest by far.  A collosal miss.

Doubt this is his biggest by far...lol you sound ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont want to hear how leonard williams was a good pick.  It was actually a terrible pick.  When your biggest need is pass rush and you pass on a guy who in year 2 leads the league in sacks and is being talked about as Defensive Player of the Year?

What was mac thinking going Matt Millen wide reciever style on dlineman?  

Vic Beasley is becoming, if not already, the best pass rusher in the league.  It was the biggest need we had on D and Mac didnt take him.  Just awful.

You're biggest mistake was apparently becoming a jets fan. Whose at fault now? 

Beasley was the guy, you don't get a chance to draft players like that very often so I was pretty bummed. Although Williams is a stud, the team would have been much better with beasley. I made my case here if you guys want to be reminded what the excuses were at the time 

So I wanted the Beasley pick fwiw. Yup. THis team would be looking paaaarity damn ok right now with me at the helm. *sighs 

That said Williiams is going to be the corner stone for the next 10 years...or better be. He needs to end what becomes a HOF career here. Start building around Williams. Forget the fact you have one too many guys and or that the Sheldon pick could will probably be looked at as a waste. Move forward with Williams bc dude is a baddass. 

16 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Kind of hard to criticize picking the best player on the team.  

Seriously.  Far and away the Jets best player this season, and still incessant whining about him being picked.

Yeah, this team definitely sucks, but man has there been some mind-numbingly stupid sh*t being whined about, in desperate need for yet another "new" thing to hate.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Beasley was the guy, you don't get a chance to draft players like that very often so I was pretty bummed. Although Williams is a stud, the team would have been much better with beasley. I made my case here if you guys want to be reminded what the excuses were at the time 

A few of you nailed the beasley pick.  What a talent this guy is.  Explosion plays is what its all about.  Williams is good but no explosion/game changing plays from him.  Thats what we lack and beasley was the pick there and mac blew it.

I haven't seen Beasley play but his stats look pretty impressive. He was an option for us last year as a top 10 pick. Certainly would've helped more than Leo at least in the immediate future. Having said that, Leonard has been good for us and Im not gonna hate on Macc for selecting the draft's top rated player. 

45 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Hindsight is 2020

Lw is a very good young player.  No team would have passed on him at 6.

Ah, the Redskins passed on him at 5. The jets where fielding calls trying to trade out of the position but didn't like the offers so they drafted him last minute. the pick was stupid not because Williams sucks, it's because we had every reason to pass on him given the dline we already had. He should have been passed on or Wilk should have been dealt. 

48 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So I wanted the Beasley pick fwiw. Yup. THis team would be looking paaaarity damn ok right now with me at the helm. *sighs 

That said Williiams is going to be the corner stone for the next 10 years...or better be. He needs to end what becomes a HOF career here. Start building around Williams. Forget the fact you have one too many guys and or that the Sheldon pick could will probably be looked at as a waste. Move forward with Williams bc dude is a baddass. 

You are a seer.  One with the Universe.  It just isn't even fair trying to compete with Hess' foresight. 

Interesting.

Don't recall reading any of this when Beasley was invisible last year.  Falcons fans were extremely worried they had a colossal bust on their hands.  Had the Jets drafted Beasley, many of the same folks in this thread would have had to been talked down off the ledge last December.

Silly b.s.

Archived