Gailey to be fired Bowles stays

kevinc855

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, Chip Kelly

However, I still have faith that Bowles' job isn't as secure as the reports say. Woody hasn't said a word.

If they go out today and get killed putting forth the usual zero effort, how can Woody justify keeping this butt munch? I agree with Mecca, I haven't heard a legitimate word anywhere that wasn't "sources close to the Jets" which is most times total BS.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

If they go out today and get killed putting forth the usual zero effort, how can Woody justify keeping this butt munch? I agree with Mecca, I haven't heard a legitimate word anywhere that wasn't "sources close to the Jets" which is most times total BS.

To be fair these reports are saying, "Bowles likely to return"...Not IS returning..

11 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, Chip Kelly

However, I still have faith that Bowles' job isn't as secure as the reports say. Woody hasn't said a word.

we could only hope.

On as side note Gailey gets fired so that would mean the incompetent Kacy Rodgers should follow, a guy who had his play calling rights stripped in like the 4th game. Iv'e been detached from football the past 2 weeks so for all I know Rogers may already be gone

Until 

A. Woody

B. Mac

C. Schefter

say something about Bowles' job, I'm not going to believe a thing. There's one report saying 'they don't anticipate making changes.' That seems like fluff to me. 

Keep the faith guys. 

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Until 

A. Woody

B. Mac

C. Schefter

say something about Bowles' job, I'm not going to believe a thing. There's one report saying 'they don't anticipate making changes.' That seems like fluff to me. 

Keep the faith guys. 

Schefter said as much on Sportscenter this morning. Bowles is coming back. 

No OC worth a crap is coming here.  Too many other openings.  We are going to have to hire someone who probably isn't qualified and hope to find lightning in a bottle.

As hard to believe as it is, our QB situation has never been this bleak.  

Very few veteran options and a draft where we will likely have at least 3 teams needing QBs in front of us in a draft where there MAY be one 1st round quality QB.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Gaikey is fired, Todd Bowles needs to stand in front of the collected media for ten minutes and be made to explain why he's retaining Kacy Rodgers.

Please, keep beating this drum with me... Not enough folks are talking about it, and it is an absolute injustice if it goes down this way!

/drama

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Gaikey is fired, Todd Bowles needs to stand in front of the collected media for ten minutes and be made to explain why he's retaining Kacy Rodgers.

Yes, of all the coordinators Gailey firing does not make sense.  No Full Back, D Brick Retiring, injuries on o-line, Decker injured, Chris Ivory gone, and Eric Decker injured should not be on Gailey and now Hackenberg and Petty have to learn new language and offense, it stunts the growth.  With Kacy Rodgers he lost Snacks and Demario Davis.  His game plan and players not playing up to par falls on him and Bowles.  Add the fact that Bowles had the opportunity to hire a new special teams coordinator last year and that did not work out either.

The D failed far worse, with more talent and salary, than the O.

The D was the unit we were supposed to win with.

The D-Co and the Head Coach who really was the D-Co, must be held accountable.

I'm fine with firing Chan, his rep of "QB Guru" ha salways been a sham, and his odd, outdated No-FB/No-TE system are not right for the modern NFL.  

But to scapegoat him and leave Bowles untouched is so Rex-like, I can't even stand it.

Fire the lot, let the GM select the next coach and more vital, be in charge of that Head Coach, and lets start doing things professionally for a change.

Otherwise 2017 will potentially be another Rex-like year, fire the O-Co, the offense is "learning" and underperforms, and Rex-Bowles D is givena  pass because of how "they had to make up for the Offense", rinse, repeat, the Same Old Jets Rex-Bowles Way in a nutshell

Just now, NYDreamer said:

Yes, of all the coordinators Gailey firing does not make sense.  No Full Back, D Brick Retiring, injuries on o-line, Decker injured, Chris Ivory gone, and Eric Decker injured should not be on Gailey and now Hackenberg and Petty have to learn new language and offense, it stunts the growth.  With Kacy Rodgers he lost Snacks and Demario Davis.  His game plan and players not playing up to par falls on him and Bowles.  Add the fact that Bowles had the opportunity to hire a new special teams coordinator last year and that did not work out either.

Gailey is the only one who can, technically, lean on the adversity as a cause for the down year - relative to his group. There are NO excuses for the defense. Top 2 paid defenders, Revis and Mo, came in fat and out of shape... and have done nothing but make excuses. Sheldon, Skrine, and others are played out of position by choice from Bowles. There were NO injuries on defense that changed the course of this season - the offense had an injury like that every week.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The D failed far worse, with more talent and salary, than the O.

The D was the unit we were supposed to win with.

The D-Co and the Head Coach who really was the D-Co, must be held accountable.

I'm fine with firing Chan, his rep of "QB Guru" ha salways been a sham, and his odd, outdated No-FB/No-TE system are not right for the modern NFL.  

But to scapegoat him and leave Bowles untouched is so Rex-like, I can't even stand it.

Fire the lot, let the GM select the next coach and more vital, be in charge of that Head Coach, and lets start doing things professionally for a change.

Otherwise 2017 will potentially be another Rex-like year, fire the O-Co, the offense is "learning" and underperforms, and Rex-Bowles D is givena  pass because of how "they had to make up for the Offense", rinse, repeat, the Same Old Jets Rex-Bowles Way in a nutshell

Exactly. I feel like I've been saying this sh*t for weeks... it's awful. This is part of the Jets scam... 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Gailey is the only one who can, technically, lean on the adversity as a cause for the down year - relative to his group. There are NO excuses for the defense. Top 2 paid defenders, Revis and Mo, came in fat and out of shape... and have done nothing but make excuses. Sheldon, Skrine, and others are played out of position by choice from Bowles. There were NO injuries on defense that changed the course of this season - the offense had an injury like that every week.

Dig a little deeper and there is no excuse for the secondary playing out of position, including Gilchrest, Pryor, and what happened to the development of the young CB Williams who showed success last year.

31 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Until 

A. Woody

B. Mac

C. Schefter

Keep the faith guys. 

I still think BOWLES is going home.

The Season Is Finally Over.

Wow, this topic/rumor has really struck a nerve with me.  Lets say that Bowles is returning and the next years results are similar, that means you clear house again and the young QB's in Petty and Hackenberg go through 3 offensive coordinators in 3 years.  We saw it with Sanchez, Pennington, and every other QB

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he does retain him, why is he retaining the DB coach Joe Danna should be the first question?  DL coach Pepper Johnson should also be on notice.

41 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Gailey isn't the problem but heads will roll !!!

He's a huge part of the problem. He's a braindead retread who lucked into Fitz having a monster 2015.Once Fitz regressed to his mean, he was exposed. Scared, establish the run PussyBall crap football. Even last week, when the Jets are down 20-0 before half, suddenly he decided to call a timeout. how did that work, other than to simply piss the Pats off and decide to get aggressive to remind everyone the Jets  are detestable pussyball garbage.

There are lots of good young potential OCs in assistant jobs throughout the NFL and NCAA. Problem is this franchise is run by scared rabbits,sycophants and losers.They aren't ever gonna find that guy, nor even interview him.  And anyone worth a damn knows they're signing up to get fired next January. Really not sure what the point of firing him is, since there will be another housecleaning next January anyway. Todd Bowles(and again, said before, seems like a good guy, but he's out of his league as a HC) so far has shown himself through his teams to be the least-prepared and strategically deficient coach in the NFL. He's being retained only because the organization cannot fathom ditching another coach after 2 years. It would look bad.

And really that's all Woody Johnson is about, keeping up appearances rather than winning football games. But STH, gets your deposits in for 2017 to make sure you're locked into playoff tickets next season! Drumlines! Cheerleaders! Air Raid Sirens! Points systems! Football, yeah, not so much. 

Could use a tired phrase about decks chairs on the Titanic, but the Jets' franchise itself is now it's own cliche for abject failure. 

I have my issues with Gailey but if anyone has ever taken the time to look at the passing breakdown threads you would see WRs open all over the field and Fitz couldnt get them the ball.. Not sure what you can do about that as an OC.

And leave it to the Jets to draft project QBs and fire their OC in the midst of their development.  

I hate Woody Johnson. He has no freaking clue how to make decisions regarding his own football team. It's like a guy owning a deli & making Ruebens on sour dough. He's a complete & utter dolt who repeats the same mistakes, fires Idzik & keeps Rex? WTF?, then hires Bowles before hiring a GM in Macc. Who the f*cks in charge Woody?

Woody is the number one problem with the NY Jets & I'll put money on it he makes the wrong decisions again, keeps Bowles, changes coordinators, we go 5-11 in 2017, fire Bowles, RINSE & REPEAT!

Archived