Interesting locker room quote by Enunwa

Gas2No99

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa said he struggled to maintain his focus at times because of the team's struggles. A revealing explanation: "When you see bad things going on, you kind of feel like, 'Wow.' You almost lose your purpose. You go into the season and you don't want to play for yourself, you want to play for team. But when the team doesn't feel like a team, you have to start playing for self." Whoa.

A great mind once said:

"It’s not the effort, it’s the concern. Those are blown things that we blow week in and week out. That’s consistent. So those things make it seem like the effort isn’t there, but the effort’s there. Blowing same things week in and week out makes it seem worse than it is.”

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa said he struggled to maintain his focus at times because of the team's struggles. A revealing explanation: "When you see bad things going on, you kind of feel like, 'Wow.' You almost lose your purpose. You go into the season and you don't want to play for yourself, you want to play for team. But when the team doesn't feel like a team, you have to start playing for self." Whoa.

Got to cut the cancer in the locker room

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You can read the tea leaves in this quote. The veteran players on this team are cancers that need to be cut out, they are not leaders. I think a lot of the young players view Brandon Marshall as a phony. It's easy to see that being a player & then being a "commentor" on Tuesday night for Showtime is just a bit of a conflict. 

Revis has always been a selfish, me player. If you jettison these guys, players like Enunwa fill that leader void. Leaders have to be guys that lead by example. They have to be tough, willing participants in whatever it takes to win. You see examples of it all over the NFL. You didn't see that extra effort on the Jets except for a few players, Leo, Enunwa, Powell. 

You didn't see gang tackling, you saw guys arm tackling while 3 guys stood around watching. It was obvious this was not a TEAM. Bowles & Macc can't be blind. We'll know soon enough when guys start getting cut, traded ect. 

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Lopresti had other quotes. Sorry, not able to copy and paste them. Maybe someone else can. Below is his twitter. 

Chris Lopresti‏ @CLoprestiWFAN
As promised, insightful quotes from @QuincyEnunwa on the 2016 #NYJ locker room: 

3 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

All the reason to clean house starting with that clueless mute at coach. Coaches should NEVER lose the locker room. 

Could you imagine if Rex was still here?  The media would be having a field day with this.

51 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

total bullsh*t interpretation of his quote.  all he said was the goal of winning is replaced by individual goals

53 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Bowles lost the locker room and the team confirmed in least surprising news this season.

Honestly, I think Brandon Marshall has become a cancer in this locker room. The poor guy means well and plays hard, but he is mentally unbalanced and a distraction for the team. With the emergence of guys like Enunwa/Anderson (hopefully Jalin/Devin/Peake) and the return of Decker we don't need Marshall around any longer. Especially if we are grooming a young QB. The only way I would keep Marshall is if we decide to bring in a guy like Romo/Cutler (which I do NOT want to do). 

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh Todd. Parcells disciple. Right. 

Oh stop. LT was doing lines when Parcells was his HC . Brandon Marshall dropped a few passes, and all of them were in crucial situations . What exactly does that have to do with him asking his teammates to try harder .  The message always comes to the preacher 1st, and then it's his responsibility to share it with the masses . For most of the season, Marshall was our best offensive player even dropping passes .  If the best player on the team isn't allowed to try and fire up the team, then something is wrong .

Now that the season is over, since the players have no respect for Marshall, it's time to let him go . All the players that had an issue with him during the season , have to go also . It's time to rid this team of me 1st guys and fill it with team 1st guys . 

Was it Brandon or Sheldon that caused the problem? Do we even know what it was? If I had to guess it was Sheldon slamming Fitz and Brandon sticking up for him saying that the D didn't play well either.

Revis said yesterday that he thought they had dealt with it but with the continued loosing, it sprouted again and the team unraveled. It seemed that we were to outmatched on D; I also don't get why we switched from jamming at the line to playing back? Without the pressure from the line, we were just exposed (as we were last year against good offenses). I think whomever is coaching the CBs and setting the defenses needs to go.

Archived