I think I am done with the NFL

CanadaSteve

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I CALL ABSOLUTE BULLsh*t> 

To not see this coming from a mile away is just being naive...  That was scripted from the opening drive,  I mean come on, that was complete bullsh*t

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Simply Atlanta gave them a chance. 25 unanswered points, no Atlanta points in the 2nd half. In the immortal words of Winston Wolf, appears they spent the Lady Gaga halftime show sucking each others' dicks.

Didn't watch the game.  Not because I'm boycotting the NFL for not punishing Kaepernick I'm boycotting the NFL allowing Woody Johnson to own the jets

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, one of two things just happened in the NFL.

Either you are the dumbest OC in the history of the sport, or your on the take.  There is no other explanation.

You are deep in NE territory, only six minutes left in the game, and if you kick a field goal, the game is over.  But you elect to call a pass play that takes you out of field goal range.  Then, you get a holding call that eliminates any chance.

The Patriots get the greatest comeback in NFL history to win in the only game to go to OT.

I CALL ABSOLUTE BULLsh*t> 

I stopped watching a long time ago - notice how many years since I last posted.

I am absolutely CONVINCED the NFL is as rigged/fixed as horse racing and wrestling, there is way too much money to leave things to chance.  Every rational person hates brady/belicheck as both are lowlifes, and like wrestling with the heel beating up on the good guy until the end, the whole league is scripted.  Seriously, the guy is 40 years old and you can't knock him out of the game?  Such total and complete garbage.

This was literally the first NFL game I watched in almost 5 years, and shut it off after the 3rd qtr; the ending was as obvious as a bad fiction novel.  The dupes are the brainwashed americans still watching this corporate manufactured, packaged tripe meant to keep people's attention away from the government robbing them blind.

I turned it when Atlanta was up to watch rugby.  Turned it back into time to see the end of the epic meltdown.  Worse than GS and Cleveland by far.  What was Shanahan thinking?  At least we don't have to kick ourselves we didn't pick Quinn.  Good think it's baseball season.  My favorite sport anyway.

22 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Greatness with A LOT of help

This I don't get.  Why do Super Bowl wins define who is the GOAT in football?  I heard an NFL HOF'er last week saying Peyton was by far a better player.  He just didn't have such a good structure around him.  What?!  There isn't the analytical data that can measure QBs to prove who is DA' MAN?  Babe Ruth wasn't the greatest baseball player because he played for the Yankees and Joe McCarthy!

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

This I don't get.  Why do Super Bowl wins define who is the GOAT in football?  I heard an NFL HOF'er last week saying Peyton was by far a better player.  He just didn't have such a good structure around him.  What?!  There isn't the analytical data that can measure QBs to prove who is DA' MAN?  Babe Ruth wasn't the greatest baseball player because he played for the Yankees and Joe McCarthy!

It's about the Rings unfortunately.

While everything at this point was already going Pats way and little doubt they are going to win anyway but, how in the hell, unless the receiver is blatantly tackled, do you throw a Pass Interference flag on the goal line in overtime in the Super Bowl!

2 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

While everything at this point was already going Pats way and little doubt they are going to win anyway but, how in the hell, unless the receiver is blatantly tackled, do you throw a Pass Interference flag on the goal line in overtime in the Super Bowl!

You're right, BS call, I seen a lot worse in the game that didn't get called, yes he was in his face but he didn't pull or twist him.

7 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Agreed. That, the non face mask call etc. Yet the Falcons shot themselves in the foot. Poor clock management down the stretch.

Just now, #bman said:

How exactly was this game fixed??? Was Edelman's catch fixed? Was Matt Ryan paid to take a sack? You guys are nuts.

Back in the day, folks said the same b/s about the Niners, Dallas, Green Bay.....  As cliche as it sounds, great teams and players come up big in crunch time and find a way to win.  Main reason why we always suck.  Since 1969, our team has been populated with chokers, idiots, scrubs, and a list of dopes as coaches and GMs that even the Almighty has trouble fathoming.

10 hours ago, Tinstar said:

It's called football. I remember many a jet fan criticizing Herman Edwards when he elected to run the football at Pittsburg and try for 2 game Winning FGs . The kicker missed and Herm was a Moron .

Jet fans are the kings of second guessing .

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the call, only that the NFL MVP made a Play that Jets fans told us over and over that only Geno Smith would make . The RB chipped the defensive end, but considering where the ball was and the point in the game, Matt Ryan should have thrown the ball to the RB instead of taking that sack . In that instance, you either run a screen or a draw, and the screen was there to the RB.

It was a terrible play by a veteran QB and it cost them a shot at points  that could have put the game out of reach .

When the Jets did it, they were losing, the clock didn't matter, and they had a questionable kicker who was kicking outside, in a notoriously difficult stadium to kick FGs.  Last night, they were winning, the clock mattered, it was indoors and with a good kicker.  Very different situations.

I'm not done with the NFL.  

And I'm not a believer that the league is "fixed" or that outcomes are predetermined.

I do believe that player discipline in the league is a major problem, where pot smokers get full season bans and repeat-offense cheaters get slaps on the wrist.  In my opinion Tom Brady should have received a year long suspension for what he and his team did.  And he should be on a "last strike" situation now, he and Bellichek, where any form of rules violation (i.e. cheating) from here out would result in lifetime bans for both of them.  Because they are cheaters, and they insult the integrity of the game.

That said, Brady is clearly the greatest QB who has ever played the game of football, and it's not even close.  Not remotely close.  And Bill Bellichek is the greatest Head Coach to ever coach in the game.  And again, it's just not really that close.  It's part of what makes their rampant and consistent cheating so confusing, because frankly they really don't seem to need it to dominate this league regardless of who they put around Tom.

As a Jets Fan, mired in a near half-century of futility, embarrassment and failure, it IS Hard to see one of our most hated rivals so completely and totally dominate the league.  They dominate, while we're regularly a joke punchline.  It does bother me, and it does make today feel pretty sh*tty frankly.  

But as a fan, I suppose all we can do is hope one day we get to play again in the Super Bowl and win.  But at this point, I've spent my entire life waiting (born after SBIII), and frankly, I have no confidence that this franchise will ever get the that point in my remaining lifetime.  I hope they do, I'll root and watch and invest myself in hoping they do.  But I honestly don't think they will.  And that sucks.  

Congrats Pats fans, I hope you fully appreciate what you've been given.  It's something very very special.  Two GOATS, and an era of modern sports that will never, ever, be rivaled.  Enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

When the Jets did it, they were losing, the clock didn't matter, and they had a questionable kicker who was kicking outside, in a notoriously difficult stadium to kick FGs.  Last night, they were winning, the clock mattered, it was indoors and with a good kicker.  Very different situations.

No, the game was tied. It was because Brien missed both that the game went into overtime.

I used to watch and follow many more sports than, and including, football.  One by one for various reasons my interest in them fell by the wayside.  Football has been the main and in some sense only one left for some time.  I had liked the Raiders in addition to the Jets as a second favorite team, but animosity between the teams and Al Davis losing his mind made me put the Raiders aside about 10 or so years ago, leaving only the Jets.

As I have posted elsewhere I am convinced Woody Johnson has the team on a downward trajectory, and the Jets will not recover as long as he is the owner.  Meanwhile the hated and deservedly so Pats win another SB.  I hated watching the second half, and in fact didn't watch a good part of it.  Whether the fix was in is something I don't have to believe to still think it was just awful. 

As of now I like Aaron Rodgers, and hope Carr has a good career with the Raiders, but my overall NFL fandom is in clear decline.  I am not swearing off football like some here.  But let's just say I am increasingly more interested in other things.

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And I'm not a believer that the league is "fixed" or that outcomes are predetermined.

I do believe that player discipline in the league is a major problem, where pot smokers get full season bans and repeat-offense cheaters get slaps on the wrist.  In my opinion Tom Brady should have received a year long suspension for what he and his team did.  And he should be on a "last strike" situation now, he and Bellichek, where any form of rules violation (i.e. cheating) from here out would result in lifetime bans for both of them.  Because they are cheaters, and they insult the integrity of the game.

That said, Brady is clearly the greatest QB who has ever played the game of football, and it's not even close.  Not remotely close.  And Bill Bellichek is the greatest Head Coach to ever coach in the game.  And again, it's just not really that close.  It's part of what makes their rampant and consistent cheating so confusing, because frankly they really don't seem to need it to dominate this league regardless of who they put around Tom.

As a Jets Fan, mired in a near half-century of futility, embarrassment and failure, it IS Hard to see one of our most hated rivals so completely and totally dominate the league.  They dominate, while we're regularly a joke punchline.  It does bother me, and it does make today feel pretty sh*tty frankly.  

But as a fan, I suppose all we can do is hope one day we get to play again in the Super Bowl and win.  But at this point, I've spent my entire life waiting (born after SBIII), and frankly, I have no confidence that this franchise will ever get the that point in my remaining lifetime.  I hope they do, I'll root and watch and invest myself in hoping they do.  But I honestly don't think they will.  And that sucks.  

Congrats Pats fans, I hope you fully appreciate what you've been given.  It's something very very special.  Two GOATS, and an era of modern sports that will never, ever, be rivaled.  Enjoy it.

Agree with 100% of this.  Nice post!

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Didn't read!

11 hours ago, Tinstar said:

It's called football. I remember many a jet fan criticizing Herman Edwards when he elected to run the football at Pittsburg and try for 2 game Winning FGs . The kicker missed and Herm was a Moron .

I agree it's a terrible play by Ryan but these 2 situations are not comparable.  Herm settled for a 53 yarder with Doug Brien (never known for his strong leg) in a stadium that's notoriously hard to kick in against a defense that they struggled to run against all game.

Freeman averaged 7 yards a carry, they were in perfect kicking conditions with a top 3 kicker and it would have been at worst a 40 yarder they were settling for. 

1 minute ago, nyjets782 said:

I agree it's a terrible play by Ryan but these 2 situations are not comparable.  Herm settled for a 53 yarder with Doug Brien (never known for his strong leg) in a stadium that's notoriously hard to kick in against a defense that they struggled to run against all game.

Freeman averaged 7 yards a carry, they were in perfect kicking conditions with a top 3 kicker and it would have been at worst a 40 yarder they were settling for. 

Freeman??:blink:

10 hours ago, C Mart said:

IF they make it. Sure. 

No running it on first and second down WAS the only real call in that spot. First and 10 on the 22, two runs either take another 2 minutes off the clock or cost NE more timeouts and at worst you are looking at a 39 yard field goal.  And with the Falcons spreading the field it is highly unlikely they get stuffed three times. If they run 3 times there the Falcons win the SB 99% of the time. 

This win doesn't  bother me. I can appreciate greatness. Whether Brady has 4 rings or 5 doesn't change much and maybe this will help him retire sooner. I'm honestly more concerned about the Pats pulling a Packers(Favre to Rodgers)/Colts (Manning to Luck) and going from Brady to someone just as good for another 15 years of misery. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This win doesn't  bother me. I can appreciate greatness. Whether Brady has 4 rings or 5 doesn't change much and maybe this will help him retire sooner. I'm honestly more concerned about the Pats pulling a Packers(Favre to Rodgers)/Colts (Manning to Luck) and going from Brady to someone just as good for another 15 years of misery. 

Agree,but we have Christian Hackenberg so no worries. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

And when the Jets did it they weren't even running the ball on the last play; we kneeled on the ball to trade off making the FG even longer to center it & I guess run off some more clock. 

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NFL is a business NE has a much better business plan than the NY Jets, I'm far from done with the NFL its the NY Jets that is causing the problems for myself and other fans. 

Trump and Woody will make the jets great again.  It will be terrific, bigly

Archived