..and there goes Brandon Marshall.

TaborJet

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

I'm sure Petty and Hack are overjoyed with the cuts on the o-line and now Brandon.  

If we are signing one of these FA QB's we will have to pay more than expected. 

To be honest - I don't care.

Proven vet QB, different story. But neither Petty nor Hack have earned the right to be "not overjoyed" about cuts going on around them. They should simply be glad it's not them, and turn up to play next year.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, flgreen said:

WOW

Going to be interesting to see how they spend the money they are freeing up.  Just to many holes to fill now,  Sure hope they aren't going to try and plug the holes with aging over paid vets.  This is the year to take the lumps.  See what, if anything, the young guys have.  Put some money away, and pray that the two rookie QB's next year are worth the pain.    Everyone seems to be forgetting, but Josh Rosen looks like he's going to be a pretty good QB.

Rot for Rosen :)

Where are there  all these holes that need to be filled .  The kid who competed with Folk last yr is on the roster and under contract . Breno didn't play lasy  yr much, so what are we missing . Same for Mangold and Marshall while he will be missed, also had a down year . We've been paying all these guys millions and having losing season after losing season. Might as well go with the kids and see what we get playing money ball  .

10 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think that comes into play at all. The Jets are already carrying a lot of dead money this year, a little more won't hurt in what's looking more and more like a rebuild, and it will all be off the books in 2018 when they might be more inclined to be heavy players in FA. 

maybe.  the thing with decker is, and assuming he's healthy, he had a pretty good season back in 2014 when he really was the only really good receiver.  there's no reason to expect he won't be able to do well again and his price tag isn't that much higher than what a first round receiver will get.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They want to trade the pick and also looking to trade for Cooks.  They do not seem interested in taking williams.

Trading #5 would probably go top a team looking to jump ahead of the Jets to get Williams, now that the jets have a shiny new glaring hole at a position that previously had no holes. Don't count on Williams being there at #5 even if Tennessee trades out of #5.

Just now, rangerous said:

maybe.  the thing with decker is, and assuming he's healthy, he had a pretty good season back in 2014 when he really was the only really good receiver.  there's no reason to expect he won't be able to do well again and his price tag isn't that much higher than what a first round receiver will get.

Given his injury history, I'd say there's every reason to believe he won't be able to do it next year. There's already speculation that he might miss training camp and not be ready for the opener. Marshall asking for his release might be the thing that saves his job here. Maybe. 

If we cut Decker today, we save 5 mil and have about 3 mil in dead but if we designate him a June 1st cut or wait until then, we save 7 mil in cap space and have 1.5 mil in dead money . Just like with Harris, there's no rush to cut these players . 

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

I'm sure Petty and Hack are overjoyed with the cuts on the o-line and now Brandon.  

If we are signing one of these FA QB's we will have to pay more than expected. 

did petty benefit at all from clady?  mangold? wasn't clady out when petty was playing?  as for mashall, he didn't exactly show petty any love by dropping so many balls.  as a matter of fact he didn't show fitz much love either.

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If we cut Decker today, we save 5 mil and have about 3 mil in dead but if we designate him a June 1st cut or wait until then, we save 7 mil in cap space and have 1.5 mil in dead money . Just like with Harris, there's no rush to cut these players . 

yeah, this is a wait and see until he is ready for camp, if he is still months away after June 1, he is probably a goner

I think they should now cut Decker, trade Enunwa, and sign the 3 worst WR's ever and then bring Geno back in to start.

Gets us 0-16, and we have the added benefit of listening to the Geno lovers say we STILL don't know if Geno can do it because he has no weapinzzzzzzzz.

I don't think that comes into play at all. The Jets are already carrying a lot of dead money this year, a little more won't hurt in what's looking more and more like a rebuild, and it will all be off the books in 2018 when they might be more inclined to be heavy players in FA. 

right. but Decker carries roughly no dead money if cut in 2018 (1.5M), so keeping him for a year and then trying to extend him at a workable number before cutting him makes sense

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

This is looking like the 94 offseason when, Hasty, Brian Washington, Lott, Lageman, Dwayne White, Rob Moore, Criswell, Johnnie Johnson all left.

Decker is next on the chopping block, probably followed by Forte.

Petty and Hackenberg have to be asking themselves " you want me to show you what I got with THIS ?

Yeah right

2017 has 3-13 written all over it

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

This is looking like the 94 offseason when, Hasty, Brian Washington, Lott, Lageman, Dwayne White, Rob Moore, Criswell, Johnnie Johnson all left.

Decker is next on the chopping block, probably followed by Forte.

Petty and Hackenberg have to be asking themselves " you want me to show you what I got with THIS ?

Yeah right

2017 has 3-13 written all over it

0-16 is better rids of us Bowles his staff and Mike Maccagnan and Woody possibly sells the team.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

0-16 is better rids of us Bowles his staff and Mike Maccagnan and Woody possibly sells the team.

Woody will never sell the team. Knowing the Jets Bowles and Maccagnan will get extensions while the rebuilding takes place.

Well, sh*t.

Personally, I liked the Marshall gamble. It paid off in the first year, too. However, he - like Revis and Mo last year - was a terrible leader last year, with diminished production. Given everything else the Jets are doing with the roster, the move makes sense. Despite the optimist in me wanting to keep him around for the hope that he could tap back into 2015.

Oh well.

12 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I think they should now cut Decker, trade Enunwa, and sign the 3 worst WR's ever and then bring Geno back in to start.

Gets us 0-16, and we have the added benefit of listening to the Geno lovers say we STILL don't know if Geno can do it because he has no weapinzzzzzzzz.

:D Awesome ! 

Archived