Woody lied

kmnj

when he sold us the psls he said his team was committed to winning but they are not. He is worse than dolan and the knicks and that says LOTS

our gm has made some terrible contract signings and had one good draft pick-bold to our coach is kicking a fg down 45

now we are dumping the only quality players and have guys with no proven record left to rebuild the house after it burned down-actually the same guys that poured gasoline on the house lit the match and watched it burn down

If I could get back 75 cents on the dollar on my psls I would be out the door and would not let it hit me on the way out-

There is nowhere in the U.S. Constitution where it states that you HAVE to buy a PSL and go to Jet games.

If you don't like the direction/product DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY.  Quit being a baby and keep your wallet

in your pocket.  Life is simple

Just now, shuler82 said:

might want to get some vaseline for that butt hurt. 

have you ever been a fan of a team before? 

yes season ticket holder for the jets for 42 years-some were actually my fathers as I was a kid but I have had my own for over 20 years -some being the best in the house

Just now, KRL said:

There is nowhere in the U.S. Constitution where it states that you HAVE to buy a PSL and go to Jet games.

If you don't like the direction/product DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY.  Quit being a baby and keep your wallet

too late my money is spend I deeply regret it-now it is like a prison sentence -only choice is walk away for .10 on the dollar

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Are you sure? Just heard on the news that Woody's friend just signed an executive order saying that you do.:D

Just now, kmnj said:

yes season ticket holder for the jets for 42 years-some were actually my fathers as I was a kid but I have had my own for over 20 years -some being the best in the house

For the last 15 years Woody has been spending money. All the Jets do is throw money at FAs. That might get us a playoff run here and there, but it's not the way to build sustained success. For the first time in forever, it looks like this franchise is attempting a true re-start. Out with the old, overpriced underperforming names. It's a rebuild with younger players and through the draft. I've been a fan since the mid 1980s and this is the first thing this team has done in 5+ years that has given me any hope. 

Just now, shuler82 said:

For the last 15 years Woody has been spending money. All the Jets do is throw money at FAs. That might get us a playoff run here and there, but it's not the way to build sustained success. For the first time in forever, it looks like this franchise is attempting a true re-start. Out with the old, overpriced underperforming names. It's a rebuild with younger players and through the draft. I've been a fan since the mid 1980s and this is the first thing this team has done in 5+ years that has given me any hope. 

if they had proven winners that were going to run the show and rebuild I could stomach it. Mac and Bowles have shown me less than zero

If they fire them and bring in real guys that is my only grasp at hope

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

when he sold us the psls he said his team was committed to winning but they are not. He is worse than dolan and the knicks and that says LOTS

our gm has made some terrible contract signings and had one good draft pick-bold to our coach is kicking a fg down 45

now we are dumping the only quality players and have guys with no proven record left to rebuild the house after it burned down-actually the same guys that poured gasoline on the house lit the match and watched it burn down

If I could get back 75 cents on the dollar on my psls I would be out the door and would not let it hit me on the way out-

He didn't say when they would be committed to winning. Gotta read the fine print.

19 minutes ago, KRL said:

Thank you and Good Grief!!

Well the idea that the Jets are some kind of Broadway Show is preposterous!!

This is called competitive sports, the owner, any owner, and Woody in particular can not GUARANTEE ANYTHING!!!

The fact is that the Jets maybe for the first time in OVER TWENTY years are attempting to build the team in the PROPER way and now Jets fans whine yet again!!

Again..

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is called competitive sports the owner, any owner, and Woody in particular can not GUARANTEE ANYTHING!!! The fact is that the Jets maybe for the first time in OVER TWENTY years attempting to build the team in the PROPER way and now Jets fans whine yet again!!

Again..

Not really whining myself. But I am, regrettably, starting to think a lot about that last Kotite season...

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is called competitive sports, the owner, any owner, and Woody in particular can not GUARANTEE ANYTHING!!!

The fact is that the Jets maybe for the first time in OVER TWENTY years attempting to build the team in the PROPER way and now Jets fans whine yet again!!

Again..

21 minutes ago, KRL said:

These. 

30 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Time to hit snooze button on how bad Mac has been.  Wonder if he will be a genius next season if the Jets do better than expected?

16 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Not really whining myself. But I am, regrettably, starting to think a lot about that last Kotite season...

I was a Jets fan back then and in truth that was the only time in my life when I didn't root for wins because I knew that Hess was a very kind and likable man but an incompetent owner and who truly believed that he had Vince Lombardi II in Kotite.

It was embarrassing.

Moving forward IMO last year was one of the worst coached teams since those days.  We were just awful, specifically on the defensive side of the ball when we were supposed to be not just good but great and Fitz' play made Chan happy to get the heck out of here.  

So I know the feeling, you are NOT whining, but my only scrap of hope is that the Jets are trying a rebuild something that they should have done when they had a two year run in the playoffs but with a team thereafter fatally flawed on both sides of the ball.  Perhaps if we had we may have seen a maturing HC in Rex instead of a HC who was placed in a position with a GM who wanted and needed him gone. And I say this as one who felt that Rex's time was up in NY.

So we slog along now hoping for the best and knowing..................

Well you know the rest of the story......... :( 

A few years ago when some of these signings occurred, we did applaud a lot of the contracts that allowed us to get out of them in a few years if things didn't work out.   Better to be able to cut them then retain them at inflated salaries. 

44 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Free Agency hasn't started yet. I know it's a Jets fan's hobby to whine, but can we see who they sign in FA and who they draft so we can evaluate ALL the personnel moves before drawing a conclusion?

17 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The fact is that the Jets maybe for the first time in OVER TWENTY years are attempting to build the team in the PROPER way and now Jets fans whine yet again!!

Again..

Well stated as usual CB.

This has you all fired up. Either that, or you had too much coffee this morning. A post with a double "Good Grief", and 29 excalamation points. ?

Always enjoy reading your take on things.

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Free Agency hasn't started yet. I know it's a Jets fan's hobby to whine, but can we see who they sign in FA and who they draft so we can evaluate ALL the personnel moves before drawing a conclusion?

We don't have a ton of cap room, had lots of holes and created more holes

55 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I have to agree here, it is over due, a rebuild the correct way and add FA as help not as the main piece. I actually think Woody is doing the correct thing. I understand people are upset esp the people who brought psls but I would rather know there is a 3 yr plan to rebuild for instance then a suck one yr try to get into the playoffs next yr by overspending cycle.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Educate me, can't you choose not to re-up your PSL?  Can't you sell them?

If so, you have options.  

I'll refrain from comment on unrealistic expectations and ye olde buyer beware, etc.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Educate me, can't you choose not to re-up your PSL?  Can't you sell them?

If so, you have options.  

I'll refrain from comment on unrealistic expectations and ye olde buyer beware, etc.

The market is flooded with season ticket holders looking to bail on the PSL's regardless of what some say that PSL Source site says it all i was shocked to see the amount that are for sale some really cheap. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was a Jets fan back then and in truth that was the only time in my life when I didn't root for wins because I knew that Hess was a very kind and likable man but an incompetent owner and who truly believed that he had Vince Lombardi II in Kotite.

It was embarrassing.

Moving forward IMO last year was one of the worst coached teams since those days.  We were just awful, specifically on the defensive side of the ball when we were supposed to be not just good but great and Fitz' play made Chan happy to get the heck out of here.  

So I know the feeling, you are NOT whining, but my only scrap of hope is that the Jets are trying a rebuild something that they should have done when they had a two year run in the playoffs but with a team thereafter fatally flawed on both sides of the ball.  Perhaps if we had we may have seen a maturing HC in Rex instead of a HC who was placed in a position with a GM who wanted and needed him gone. And I say this as one who felt that Rex's time was up in NY.

My kids were young then, I was poor, working stiff.  Taking kids to ballet, etc.

Watched the JETS on Sunday but NOT with the passion I did in the 80's or since 98.

I think I feel that way now. Will watch but no more commitment like I have had.

Im good with whats happening but doesn't mean im gonna miss a round of golf to watch a 2-14 team.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

you're right, going 6-10/8-8 every year with a JAG veteran QB is more preferable to sucking and getting a potential franchise QB

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

They way I see it, in his early days Woody spent alot of money on players, facilities and a stadium.  Woody was a model owner during his initial 10 years of ownership and the Jets during that time were one of the better teams in football.

But Tannenbaum's spending plan blew up and he and Rex drafted very poorly.  They still spent money, but made too many mistakes. 

If they are doing a proper rebuild, that could be really good news.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

It was embarrassing.

Agreed. And it's tough to contemplate the prospects of another 1-15 season. Or even worse. It was miserable with the Jets just getting 5 wins last season. Football almost became meaningless for me. Also made me think of that Kotite season. I had some serious surgery the day before opening day that last Kotite year. Remember asking the nurse if I would be conscious by gametime. Unfortunately, I was. Little did I know the opening day loss was just the beginning. Will it be another round like that this season?

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Best in the house or closest to the dumpster fire?

I feel for ya. Years after taking over dads charter member Shea season tix, I got out 4 years after the move to Jersey.

Never regetted it and still go to any game I want to.

Archived