NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I am happy to hear this .  This team needs to be patient and spend the money at home and on 2nd or 3rd tier free agents  getting 2nd and 3rd tier money .

serious question though.  with a team that has such a lack of talent at multiple positions, how is this team supposed to build a winner?  if they're constantly settling for 2nd and 3rd tier guys, that just keeps the cycle of crappy football going.  now i'm not saying they should throw crazy amounts of money at guys like perry, bouye, jefferson, gilmore, etc, but should the effort be to get some of these guys here to get better?

Just now, heymangold said:

serious question though.  with a team that has such a lack of talent at multiple positions, how is this team supposed to build a winner?  if they're constantly settling for 2nd and 3rd tier guys, that just keeps the cycle of crappy football going.  now i'm not saying they should throw crazy amounts of money at guys like perry, bouye, jefferson, gilmore, etc, but should the effort be to get some of these guys here to get better?

The problem is that everyone is getting crazy money. Crazy money is the norm. And for a team that is in a rut like the Jets, Browns and Niners, they will have to overpay

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Report: Mike Glennon to sign three-year, $43.5 million deal with Bears.

Good.  I'm going on the record today that the hype finally ends when this kid absolutely sucks as a starter.  IMO, the Bears just doomed themselves worse than when they signed Cutler.  Glennon has no NFL history to show that he can actually win games.  Idiocy to go on the hook for a career backup.

Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

As with every year, once this 1st wave of big money signings gets done, there will be a lot of good players at reasonable contracts waiting to be signed.  I liked Perry, but the Glennon deal is studid

Yup... its not a bad thing to wait and let the first wave go elsewhere, a lot end up being bad deals

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The deal for free agent CB Stephon Gilmore will happen, source said. Huge signing.

Logan Ryan out....

gilmore is a huge upgrade on ryan.  pats D is going to be even better.  butler/gilmore might be the best CB tandem out there.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Build your team through the draft and add certain players at certain positions to replace older veterans carrying contracts that their play don't dictate any longer . Contrary to popular believe, I think the Jets have a decent amount of talent on this roster and it will show this season if they get a QB who can take care of the football and be a decent game manager . 

The defensive line is solid with Wilkerson, Simon and Williams

The Linebackers are developing and could use a leader with Mauldin, Lee and Jenkins . That's why Harris still has a job .

The secondary is a mess but fixable . This unit needs an alpha big time .

The OL is in flux but only because the LT position is unknown. I happen to think that with Wesley Johnson, the middle of the line will be solid , not great but solid . I think the Jets have their RT, but because he's a 2nd year player with limited experience, he gets the evil eye .

The RBs are workable, but could use some power around the goal line and in short yardage .

The TE position is a mess, but has some potential with plenty of young players  .

The WR position could be solid to above average  if Decker comes back or if this team can find a replacement with his attributes.

The QB position is a mess and IMO, the biggest issue on this team.  If this team can find a game manager, the Jets are going to p!!s off this fan base who want  who is all in on the Mystical Sam Darnold .

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

gilmore is a huge upgrade on ryan.  pats D is going to be even better.  butler/gilmore might be the best CB tandem out there.

Not if they don't pay their MLB . Gilmore and Butler can be had. Their Lbers are the key to their defense .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Not if they don't pay their MLB . Gilmore and Butler can be had. Their Lbers are the key to their defense .

I kind of feel like Butler is overrated, decent corner but I don't feel like when I see him play he makes me think he is great.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I kind of feel like Butler is overrated, decent corner but I don't feel like when I see him play he makes me think he is great.

Neither of those 2 guys would make me forget a young Revis . I don't think either of them are as good as Peterson .

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good.  I'm going on the record today that the hype finally ends when this kid absolutely sucks as a starter.  IMO, the Bears just doomed themselves worse than when they signed Cutler.  Glennon has no NFL history to show that he can actually win games.  Idiocy to go on the hook for a career backup.

I think Aaron Rodgers reaction last night to this deal was priceless. Says it all.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Interesting that they only offered backup money. Maybe they aren't as low on Hack and Petty as we all think.

Bingo!  Also, Hoyer picked SF because he was promised chance to start. Maybe Macc told him he'd be #2 here, cheap insurance if Hack needs a few more weeks in regular season before he starts.

Archived