NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

Next years FA class looks much better for QBs. cousins, garropolo, bradford, mccarron

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

Snyder is a businessman to the extreme (as opposed to Woody, who is just clueless).  

I would bet that the Redskins are NOT a playoff team in 2017.  Too dysfunctional.  They are going to need to mail their draft to make up for spending that much on Cousins.

And in 2018, he is gone.  Maybe that is the Jets' plan...Not a bad one.

Tanking for a QB...Just don't get it. If this guy Darnold is the next coming of Joe Montana don't you think there will be several other teams with the same mindset. Although we may struggle there are teams just as bad. Say we have 3 wins mid season are you really going to tell your team to throw every game...That's great for team morale and attracting future free agents for sure. Wouldn't it be karma for him to pull an Eli and say FU I'm not playing for the Jets.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Tanking for a QB...Just don't get it. If this guy Darnold is the next coming of Joe Montana don't you think there will be several other teams with the same mindset. Although we may struggle there are teams just as bad. Say we have 3 wins mid season are you really going to tell your team to throw every game...That's great for team morale and attracting future free agents for sure. Wouldn't it be karma for him to pull an Eli and say FU I'm not playing for the Jets.

Other teams seem like they're trying. We aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KRL said:

So true, every year before a big QB is supposed to come out everyone says we should tank.  Then when 

that QB is in position to be drafted he gets picked apart.  Didn't we go through this with Watson last year?

And now we may actually have a chance to draft him and some are saying let's pass

Nobody with a decent head on their shoulders thought Watson was a can't miss prospect after last year, that was just pure Media over reaction.

Darnold on the other hand is considered in the Luck, Manning category as can't miss by actual talent evaluators.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody with a decent head on their shoulders thought Watson was a can't miss prospect after last year, that was just pure Media over reaction.

Darnold on the other hand is considered in the Luck, Manning category as can't miss by actual talent evaluators.

Lol same evaluators who said Hackenberg was Manning , Luck type prospect after his freshman year ..

Darnold is top of a group of what could be a really good, or at least better than this years', QB class.

Josh Rosen - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000679197/article/pac12-coach-josh-rosen-best-in-country-will-be-bigtime-pro
Luke Falk 
Lamar Jackson - could possibly switch to WR but a 4.34 for a QB is very intriguing, http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/03/09/lamar-jackson-runs-40-yard-dash/98930194/
Baker Mayfield - had some recent off-field problems, but has some talent
Mason Rudolph 
Jake Browning
Brett Rypien

59 minutes ago, derp said:

Wasn't the whole Hackenberg thing called from a mile away predraft last year? That's the worst kind of thing to have leak IMO.

I don't mind if you find out they're negotiating with a guy they're already negotiating with, but if information about guys you're targeting in the draft goes public on a regular basis it's going to put you at a severe disadvantage.

Macc scouted him and a lot of others...not sure it was leaked that he would take him was just a good guess based on spying on Macc

4 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Darnold is top of a group of what could be a really good, or at least better than this years', QB class.

Josh Rosen - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000679197/article/pac12-coach-josh-rosen-best-in-country-will-be-bigtime-pro
Luke Falk 
Lamar Jackson - could possibly switch to WR but a 4.34 for a QB is very intriguing, http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/03/09/lamar-jackson-runs-40-yard-dash/98930194/
Baker Mayfield - had some recent off-field problems, but has some talent
Mason Rudolph 
Jake Browning
Brett Rypien

I'm gonna stop U right there Jake Browning is Terrible .. arm strength is big question mark on the next level .. but there's some good talent out there just matter which one surfaces to the top 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Obviously the folks at cincyjungle have never heard of mechanics.

I think they have and know that hacks are so utterly messed up he is bust that will be passed on the depth chart the next time the Jets draft a Qb in any round.

It's disappointing to see the Jets missing out on players that could make us a better football team. We cannot rely solely on the draft and expect to get better any time soon. It just doesn't work that way.

If Darnold is that good, then it's fine - but right now we don't know that. Bowles is going to have to coach his ass off with these young guys to get us in a position to win a decent amount of games next year.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

Wonder how Woody feels that all these free agents want to play for Marrone?

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is one sad remaining list.  I went out and said it would be Chase Daniel and I am sticking to it.  Draft pick or player cost is the issue.

Macc should be quartered if he trades a pick for a QB at this point.

New York Jets‏Verified account @nyjets 

We have given 2nd-round tenders to a pair of RFAs, CB Marcus Williams and C Wesley Johnson.

Dennis Waszak Jr.

Source confirms: No RFA tenders for TE Brandon Bostick or DT Mike Pennel. Both now UFAs. #Jets

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I agree but I think that is what is going to happen.

Hard to argue that you are rebuilding when you trade picks, rather than acquire them, for mediocre players.   I remember trading for the RB Zac Stacy in Macc's first draft I think.   Or trading down and instead of getting a pick back, getting a scrub WR from Houston that got cut (which amounted to a  6th round pick  I think).

1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm not a fan of tanking either, I mean if it happens it happens, but deliberately doing it for something not guaranteed seems to be a waste.  I mean isn't there the possibility if the Jets tanked this year and had the #1 overall pick that Darnold could still stay in school and not declare for another year a la Peyton Manning?

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Nick Perry staying with the Packers :(  Happy we didn't go this high though!  5yr/60M (18.5 gtd)

It's a good signing . Players have to get paid and the good ones will be overpaid it's just the nature of the business.. penny pinching shopping is how you create 2014 jets team imo 

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I'm not a fan of tanking either, I mean if it happens it happens, but deliberately doing it for something not guaranteed seems to be a waste.  I mean isn't there the possibility if the Jets tanked this year and had the #1 overall pick that Darnold could still stay in school and not declare for another year a la Peyton Manning?

I don't see starting the season with Petty, and Hackenberg as your 1st and 2nd in depth chart as purposely tanking, I see it as hey we have drafted 2 QB's in the last 2 drafts, we only get 4 years to find out if they can play at an acceptable level so let's find out, and if they can't we move on next year when options both in the draft, and FA are projected to be much better.  If one of the 2 QB's shows they are the future awesome let's throw a parade, and start building this team around him ASAP!

Just now, Scoop24 said:

It's a good signing . Players have to get paid and the good ones will be overpaid it's just the nature of the business.. bargain basement shopping is how you create 2014 jets team imo 

No doubt but that was pretty much the ceiling of what I wanted to pay him.  Bidding above that amount would have really hurt.  It is what it is and hope we can land a good pass rusher in the draft to make up for it. 

5 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Nick Perry staying with the Packers :(  Happy we didn't go this higher though!  5yr/60M (18.5 gtd)

The 18.5 guaranteed is a steal, the rest of the contract numbers mean absolutely nothing.

Archived