NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You generally don't trade for a franchise QB, you draft one the year there is a clear cut one available like there will be in next years draft. When the Colts lost Manning to an injury they didn't panic and try to trade for a guy like Mccarron, they opted to just suck the rest of the year and get Luck. You think they regret that move? 

who is a clear cut franchise QB in next years draft?  Darnold has an amazine rose bowl, but the dude hasn't even played a full season.  the jets haven't had a franchise qb i'll say EVER, so you have to keep trying.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, KRL said:

i'd like to see Micah Hyde here.  versatile guy

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini

#Jets showing interest in #Raiders WR Andre Holmes, per source. Has Brandon Marshall-like size (6-5). Had 14 catches last year, 3 TDs.

LOL  Brandon Marshall like seize I bet there are a lot of 6'5 football payers out there.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

who is a clear cut franchise QB in next years draft?  Darnold has an amazine rose bowl, but the dude hasn't even played a full season.  the jets haven't had a franchise qb i'll say EVER, so you have to keep trying.

So true, every year before a big QB is supposed to come out everyone says we should tank.  Then when 

that QB is in position to be drafted he gets picked apart.  Didn't we go through this with Watson last year?

And now we may actually have a chance to draft him and some are saying let's pass

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He played 10 games and was awesome -- so awesome that USC went from being an utter disaster on the verge of firingthe head coach they had literally just hired (they lost to Alabama 52-6) to being the hottest team in the country, lighting everyone up, winning the Rose Bowl and finishing #3.

There's a narrative getting passed around JN that Darnold had "one big game" which is just wrong. You may not have heard of him until the Rose Bowl but the dude was lights out for 10 games and saved USC's season as a redshirt freshman seeing his first action. The guy is a total stud.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

He played 10 games and was awesome -- so awesome that USC went from being an utter disaster on the verge of firingthe head coach they had literally just hired (they lost to Alabama 52-6) to being the hottest team in the country, lighting everyone up, winning the Rose Bowl and finishing #3.

There's a narrative getting passed around JN that Darnold had "one big game" which is just wrong. You may not have heard of him until the Rose Bowl but the dude was lights out for 10 games and saved USC's season as a redshirt freshman seeing his first action. The guy is a total stud.

i know darnold was great for 10 games.  there are tons of stud college QBs that turn out to be busts, you can't stake an entire season/off-season on that.  look at manziel or tebow.

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Cooper is so overrated. He's an athletic freak but he can't cover. He's a depth player at best.

So far this seems to be following a similar pattern to Mac's first two FA periods. The Jets are linked to a couple of higher profile names, the fanbase gets all excited/anxious/aggravated depending on the player, then that player goes on to sign elsewhere, prompting the board to split into the 'the jets suck so bad they can't sign anyone!!!' and the 'during a rebuild you don't sign any FAs!' factions...

If the past few off seasons are any indication, the next phase will be reports later this afternoon and tomorrow of the Jets signing players who there hadn't been linked to the team in any sort of way. 

Patriots backfield looks to be changing considerably....Possible trade of Butler for Cooks and loosing Logan Ryan ....Loosing Logan 2 DB's but adding a The and WR...Focus is on Offence.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

LMAO at guys that doubt Darnold. You wouldn't have tanked for Luck either....

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i know darnold was great for 10 games.  there are tons of stud college QBs that turn out to be busts, you can't stake an entire season/off-season on that.  look at manziel or tebow.

Neither Manziel or Tebow was ever viewed as an elite NFL prospect... Someone like Matt Leinart probably fits your narrative better.

12 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

Holmes has Chaz Schilens written all over him.....

I Like Holmes.  I wouldn't pay a bunch for him, but he is a D2 guy and is physically an NFL guy.  His catch rate is pretty bad, but he could be a nice rotational piece.  I am probably biased because I watched him in the 2013 Thanksgiving game where he went off and made a couple of circus catches against Dallas.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I Like Holmes.  I wouldn't pay a bunch for him, but he is a D2 guy and is physically an NFL guy.  His catch rate is pretty bad, but he could be a nice rotational piece.  I am probably biased because I watched him in the 2013 Thanksgiving game where he went off and made a couple of circus catches against Dallas.  

I could be wrong about him but the guy's career trajectory is going in the wrong direction.  He made a jump in year 3 to 47 catches but has backed that up with consecutive 13 catch seasons.  I could live with a roll of the dice on him but I'd rather give the opportunities to guys like Peake or Smith at this point.

20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

We are a lost franchise. Even if there is just a 10pct chance that Darnold is that good (and I think it's closer to 80pct), then you MUST tank. We aren't winning anything this year. What's the benefit in going 6-10 over 2-14? So season ticket holders have some meaningless enjoyment in October when we beat the BIlls at home? Who cares? 

We have run this franchise half-a$$ed for decades. It's time to go all in for a franchise QB. Guys like Mccarron are more of the same garbage this franchise has thrown out there for the last 30 years. 

15 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

He had 4 receptions for 50 yards.......in a game where they were down 20 in the 4th quarter. 

Yea, but if I remember correctly, he was the only receiver that was catching the football all game .Crabtree and the kid from Bama had the dropsies  all game . I would take him on the cheap

3 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

I could be wrong about him but the guy's career trajectory is going in the wrong direction.  He made a jump in year 3 to 47 catches but has backed that up with consecutive 13 catch seasons.  I could live with a roll of the dice on him but I'd rather give the opportunities to guys like Peake or Smith at this point.

I totally agree.  I don't see his career so much as being on the downside as the team went with Crabtree and Cooper.  Those guys get a ton of volume.  The only other WR that Carr threw to was Seth Roberts.  He is a guy I like, but you can't pay the guy.  At a lower tier WR4 deal - he has good upside and red zone potential. 

17 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

He had 4 receptions for 50 yards.......in a game where they were down 20 in the 4th quarter. 

Why?    Connor Cook as the third qb( was more familiar throwing to the Raiders fourth Wr ( Andre Holmes) than throwing to A Cooper, Crabtree, and Seth Roberts.( never got any reps with any of those guys all season).

34 minutes ago, heymangold said:

And who says he is coming out?  Luck could have come out but stayed an additional year (his Sr yr)...

And every year there seems to be the next great QB in the following years draft...Everyone was talking up Watson last year..Everyone was talking up Lamar Jackson in Sept as the next great QB..Years ago it was Leinart , Barkley, Bridgewater (remember the "tank for Teddy" mantra Jets fans were saying during the fall of 2013)??

Just read this in an article about McCarron..  I was struck with how our current QBs are regarded.  lol  I can't imagine being Petty and Hack reading that.

The Jets figure to be among them after letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go this offseason. All the Jets have now is Bryce Petty who has shown nothing to make New York believe he’s ready to be anything more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Even though the Jets spent a second-round pick on Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg last year, all indications are he’s a mess with little-to-no starting potential.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

One thing about Macc and co - they run a tight ship no leaks and they are unpredictable...which is refreshing....Idziot was unpredictable too but in a moronic kind of way.

Wasn't the whole Hackenberg thing called from a mile away predraft last year? That's the worst kind of thing to have leak IMO.

I don't mind if you find out they're negotiating with a guy they're already negotiating with, but if information about guys you're targeting in the draft goes public on a regular basis it's going to put you at a severe disadvantage.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Yea, but if I remember correctly, he was the only receiver that was catching the football all game .Crabtree and the kid from Bama had the dropsies  all game . I would take him on the cheap

Andre Holmes is bigtime special teamer.   Rather limited as Wr, as the nine route his best route.( likes to use his size- put a big CB on him and he's done). 

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Why?    Connor Cook as the third qb( was more familiar throwing to the Raiders fourth Wr ( Andre Holmes) than throwing to A Cooper, Crabtree, and Seth Roberts.( never got any reps with any of those guys all season).

Good point....like Petty and Anderson.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Just read this in an article about McCarron..  I was struck with how our current QBs are regarded.  lol  I can't imagine being Petty and Hack reading that.

The Jets figure to be among them after letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go this offseason. All the Jets have now is Bryce Petty who has shown nothing to make New York believe he’s ready to be anything more than a decent backup in the NFL.

Even though the Jets spent a second-round pick on Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg last year, all indications are he’s a mess with little-to-no starting potential.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/14868636/nfl-trade-rumors-jets-aj-mccarron-deal-sheldon-richardson

Obviously the folks at cincyjungle have never heard of mechanics.

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Cooper is so overrated. He's an athletic freak but he can't cover. He's a depth player at best.

Atleast he has something going for him.. Beachum isn't even althletic freak he is just terrible .. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Chris Mortensen‏ @mortreport

Kirk Cousins appealed personally to owner Dan Snyder for a trade but was basically told not to get his hopes up, per sources.

lol, Snyder is right for wanting to keep a good QB... but what a sh*t show to let it get to this point. 

Archived