NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marcus Williams - DB -  Jets

The Jets are expected to use a second-rounder tender on restricted free agent CB Marcus Williams.

Undrafted in 2014, the Jets would risk losing Williams for nothing at the original round level. Williams is coming off a down year, but had six interceptions in 2015. The second-round tender will play him $2.746 million.;)

Mar 8 - 5:29 PM

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
Marcus Williams - DB -  Jets

The Jets are expected to use a second-rounder tender on restricted free agent CB Marcus Williams.

Undrafted in 2014, the Jets would risk losing Williams for nothing at the original round level. Williams is coming off a down year, but had six interceptions in 2015. The second-round tender will play him $2.746 million.;)

Mar 8 - 5:29 PM

Is Marcus Williams worth $2.75/year as a 4th DB?

Modern day NFL inflation b/c that's good coin for a depth guy who gets nicked up A LOT. OTOH, he has shown to ballhawk and trip upon INTs every now and then. Good locker room vet? Undrafted FA who's survived to his 4th Pro year thus far. 

here's a good thought.  if the bears sign glennon then maybe they don't use their no. 3 draft pick for a qb.  the jags have a qb. that leaves just cleveland and the 49ers left to select one of the top qb's in this years draft.  so there's a good chance that watson or trubisky may be available at no. 6.

Just now, rangerous said:

here's a good thought.  if the bears sign glennon then maybe they don't use their no. 3 draft pick for a qb.  the jags have a qb. that leaves just cleveland and the 49ers left to select one of the top qb's in this years draft.  so there's a good chance that watson or trubisky may be available at no. 6.

Let's hope their both still available at No. 7.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Agree 

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i read this a few times and still don't see the good thought. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Yup. This fanbase is not patient enough at all to do a proper rebuild. Ownership/Front Office would have to tune them out. 

What does this even mean?  No one in the organization cares what the fans think.  Some of you are growing more delusional by the minute.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Any movement at all on the cornerbacks yet?

From a rumor I heard a couple days ago, the top end of the FA CB market are overestimating their worth and the CB market might actually take a couple days to settle money wise.

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What does this even mean?  No one in the organization cares what the fans think.  Some of you are growing more delusional by the minute.

Ummm, just for the record, you have absolutely zero idea what people in the organization think.

And I never said that they cared. All I said is that they would have to tune them out.

15 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

From a rumor I heard a couple days ago, the top end of the FA CB market are overestimating their worth and the CB market might actually take a couple days to settle money wise.

Interesting. I expect the Jets to be involved in that market

Newsday reports the Jets aren't expected to land free agent S Tony Jefferson.

The Jets were the early favorites for Jefferson but have since fallen behind the Browns and Ravens. They aren't expected to come close to what Cleveland is offering. Jefferson is expected to get more than $7 million annually.

Mar 8 - 6:15 PM

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Colts to trade Dwayne Allen, draft pick to Pats for 4th-round pick

If Dwayne Allen can stay healthy, something he hasn't been able to do since entering the NFL, he can be deadly with Brady. No worries though.  As usual he'll only be healthy for a small part of the season.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

they draft lbs in the first and third rounds last year and then pursue an edge rusher.  i can't wait to see how reuben foster fits in with the scheme.

So what's the problem?  We had a handful of scrubs and an aging David Harris.  The LB's had to be completely revamped.  Jenkins, Lee, Mauldin and possibly Perry would do just that. We are not drafting Reuben Foster

59 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

......JOHNNY "MAC" LYNCH???

Per CBA, they may have to spend $$ to get to the salary floor. They had a ton of cap space. 

Someone better versed on the CBA can chime in. 

36 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

With such a deep DB draft...

Archived