Jets taking closer look at Mitchell Trubisky

joewilly12

The Patriots, with Brady, have taken Garropolo, Brissett, Mallet and others.

The Packers too Brohm.

The Giants took Nassib.  

Good teams with great QBs take backup and future QBs in the 2nd or so round.  Taking a chance on Hack there was not ridiculous on its face (unless Hack proves to be completely incapable of playing NFL QB).  After a year, he should be able to walk on the field and function.

We cannot underestimate how bad the Jets QB coaching (particularly for the backup QBs) has been over the last 2 years.  The Buck stops with Bowles, but Gailey and Co were really not committed to doing what they were supposed to do.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles is changing how he coaches the Jets

I find it ridiculous that Bowles would say this, most great NFL head coaches are control freaks that want to be involved in every aspect of the teams development.

Its why I could never understand why guys like Bowles and Rex could just turn their backs on half the team. Its stupid coaching and it shows a definite lack of Passion IMHO.

Sorry but you have to be stronger than that to be a successful coach in the NFL, don't let your job hang in the balance while an OC sh*t's all over himself then try to pass the buck, which is exactly what this is. 

Hey Todd I got news for ya start to take ownership of this team and your failures and don't trust a damn soul to do what needs to be done. Hold yourself accountable for the previous failures. In other words be a man and take control of this team or your Head Coaching career will be over after next year.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Due diligence and smoke screen.

Derp derpigence. You guys lead some really charmed lives to think anybody's got time for this sh*t. They can't coach a team and teach Hackenberg to throw at the same time but they're gonna put on the whole production for some reason other than that they're considering drafting a guy. Saying smokescreen is like declaring that it's opposite day or something. This stuff isn't real just because it's on television.

24 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Derp derpigence. You guys lead some really charmed lives to think anybody's got time for this sh*t. They can't coach a team and teach Hackenberg to throw at the same time but they're gonna put on the whole production for some reason other than that they're considering drafting a guy. Saying smokescreen is like declaring that it's opposite day or something. This stuff isn't real just because it's on television.

Did you read my whole post or did your eyes just camp down on the part that you quoted?

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Due diligence and smoke screen.

I would be shocked it they took one at 6.  However strange things happen each draft and one of these dudes could fall to the 2nd round.

Also as others have noted it might be smoke in our hope to trade down.

Also if the Jets trade down later in the 1st round a Qb becomes more palatable,

I hear that Mac likes Trubisky.

5 hours ago, varjet said:

The Patriots, with Brady, have taken Garropolo, Brissett, Mallet and others.

The Packers too Brohm.

The Giants took Nassib.  

Good teams with great QBs take backup and future QBs in the 2nd or so round.  Taking a chance on Hack there was not ridiculous on its face (unless Hack proves to be completely incapable of playing NFL QB).  After a year, he should be able to walk on the field and function.

We cannot underestimate how bad the Jets QB coaching (particularly for the backup QBs) has been over the last 2 years.  The Buck stops with Bowles, but Gailey and Co were really not committed to doing what they were supposed to do.

The firing of Patullo shows what the Jets thought about the development of the young QBs.  Not good.

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Followed by a safety, and then a DL guy. Offense and passing the ball effectively are overrated. 

We're just getting ahead of the curve for the next football trend. If we keep drafting defense, it's got to work eventually ... hasn't it? ;-) 

Please no players with an injury history. I know Lattimore is the consensus #1 CB and has been mocked to us on several drafts.  I can't stomach another first round CB who after every play I have to be worried if he is able to get back up. Lattimore couldn't even make it through the Combine.  I like Hooker also but he is coming off 2 surgeries and had one great year. Dee M was such a disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Zero chance the Jets take Mitch. They are simply trying to trade and drive up the price of the pick. Read between the lines

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wouldn't that be driving up the price of the Titans pick? I would think if anything it pushes a player down in hoping someone jumps up to take a QB. Pretty doubtful since none of these guys are worth trading for. 

On 3/30/2017 at 7:20 AM, JetFanatic said:

So they're going to keep drafting QBs without giving any of them a real chance to actually see what they can do?  Wasn't the plan with Hackenberg to sit him a whole year regardless?  Shouldn't we be happy that the coaches and management stuck to their gameplan with him and red-shirted him?  I'm just honestly very confused here.  So let's say hypothetically speaking that the Jets go ahead and draft Trubisky.  It's going to be an open competition during training camp and I'm going to assume that the veteran is going to win out against a rookie.  Then what?  Everyone is going to be screaming and cursing at the pick and I know exactly what'll happen.  We're going to be drafting ANOTHER QB in with our top pick in 2018.  

As far as the plan with Hackenberg -- yeah, the plan was probably to sit him, they knew he'd be a project. But clearly he is far, far worse than anyone could have imagined. The people who keep saying "we haven't seen him play" need to realize the coaches, scouts, and GM have seen him play a lot. And he obviously sucks. Hard. The fact that we're even talking about drafting a QB high is a pretty good indication the organization feels Hackenberg clearly isn't the guy barring some miraculous leap.

Just now, RichardTodd27 said:

Was wondering where people think Trubisky would go in last year's draft? I'm assuming before Hack?

Hell yes. And I wonder what round Hack would have went to another team if Mac didn't have that 10 foot erection for him.

8 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Was wondering where people think Trubisky would go in last year's draft? I'm assuming before Hack?

Undrafted, because he had never started before .

It's funny, because here's a kid who did exactly what you want a young QB to do, and did it at an extremely high level and he gets knocked for it .  The Kid sat behind the starter, learn the offense and when it was his time, he played so well that he went from unknown to a possible 1st round pick. 

But he's not worthy, because he didn't start long enough .

Any wonder why the draft is called a crap shot .  What exactly is a kid like Ben Boulware  supposed to do better ?

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I must say, it bothers me that this dude brings up the "Mitchell" thing now. He shouldn't care if they call him "Chick-t!ts" as long as he wins. But this dude worries about "Mitch/Mitchell." Speaks to a weak mind.

Okay Thomas

11 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Also, Marcus Mariota should be the Jets QB.  But for some reason, Woody didn't fire Rex in December 2014 and allowed the Jets to beat the Titans 16-11 in week 15.

no joke

18 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Also, Marcus Mariota should be the Jets QB.  But for some reason, Woody didn't fire Rex in December 2014 and allowed the Jets to beat the Titans 16-11 in week 15.

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

no joke

Bowles is going to fight hard to get to 6 wins.  He's going to be the biggest obstacle to the franchise moving forward while he is here. 

6 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

As far as the plan with Hackenberg -- yeah, the plan was probably to sit him, they knew he'd be a project. But clearly he is far, far worse than anyone could have imagined. The people who keep saying "we haven't seen him play" need to realize the coaches, scouts, and GM have seen him play a lot. And he obviously sucks. Hard. The fact that we're even talking about drafting a QB high is a pretty good indication the organization feels Hackenberg clearly isn't the guy barring some miraculous leap.

Exactly.  People who talk about them doing some kind of fakeout here by looking at Trubinsky, thinking the Jets are prepared to roll with Hackenberg, seem to often add in "We haven't even seen him play!"

The CS has seen plenty of him, and if they really thought he is a great prospect going forward, why even waste time looking at Trubinsky?  It doesn't make sense.

22 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

no joke

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Bowles is going to fight hard to get to 6 wins.  He's going to be the biggest obstacle to the franchise moving forward while he is here. 

I was so pissed when we won that game and then of course in Miami. Even more pissed when that dumb a$$ Ken Wisenhunt decided to forget who he was and do something right by selecting Mariota.... 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That's it, i am jumping on the Wes Lunt bandwagon.

I looked at this rating and didn't even notice that name... lol hilarious.

I don't know why I still just don't see it with Trubisky.... 

3 hours ago, Stark said:

I was so pissed when we won that game and then of course in Miami. Even more pissed when that dumb a$$ Ken Wisenhunt decided to forget who he was and do something right by selecting Mariota.... 

That one win really screwed everything up.  And maybe for the next 5-10 years.

The second pick was perfect, too.  The Jets would have screwed up the Winston vs. Mariota decision.  So let someone else make that decision (the Bucs) and you take who is left.  Mariota is definitely better than Winston and up there with Carr and Luck.

12 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree to disagree.  I think they have to due their due diligence in checking out these QBs no matter what.  It's all part of the giant smoke screen.  They have to make it seem like they're interested even if they aren't.

Archived