Probably Safe To Assume Adams off Jets possibilities

SickJetFan

That's fine with me. We need to start drafting offense at some point this century. Fournette/Howard/Williams/Corey Davis will all help the development of Hack or whoever we draft at QB this or next year. If there was a Tackle worthy of this pick it would be my first choice. I don't care what the "experts" say about taking RBs/TEs early in a draft. 

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would have preferred Adams to Hooker, myself. But I honestly think we are trading down.

Trade DOWN. Plenty of top notch corners will be available. We can get a 2 for 1 with a TRADE DOWN in first round. CB, TE and edge rusher with first 3 picks and not specifically in that order. Id love to target Cb Quincy, TE from Miami and Harris or McKinley as edge rusher. Then in round 3 we have 2 picks, get best available RB and a safety (Josh Johnson).

Adams is going to be great.  

So is the guy from CT, and Peppers.  Looking at Peppers" Kollman video, you can see him being used similar to how Adams would be used.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Peppers will end up a Patriot, Steeler or Raven.

Adams will be the next superstar safety, but there are many others in this draft that will also be very good.  

Hooker and Howard for the Jets are the other guaranteed impact players at 6, at least for me.

No Solomon Thomas-I think Woody as a policy matter should decree that the Jets are a 3-4 team.   Keep building around that, no matter the coach (unless the whole league goes 4-3 or something else).  It seems like it works for the NE and teams are pretty much split-they don't need to reconfigure the roster everytime the coaches change.

So to me, if no Adams, Hooker or Howard, go Trubisky, or trade down.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We don;t need a 4.3 safety when we can get a 4.76 corner

this is the guy the jets need: 

Dates: 03/16/07 
Height: 5114
Weight: 204
40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
20 Yrd Dash: 2.49
10 Yrd Dash: 1.46
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'5"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.08
3-Cone Drill: 6.56

Dude is a total stud and I'm finding it hard to feign interest.  Not to be a total debbie, but until we draft a QB, I'm finding it harder and harder to remotely care about anything else. I'm as big of an LSU homer as you'll find, and I just don't care. All I view a non-QB top pick as, a hurdle. Someone who will help this team reach mediocrity quicker, only to lower the chances of getting a top pick when a QB is available to pick. Yes, it would be nice to have a solid team for that ideal moment when a young, talented, franchise QB falls into your lap, but I don't believe in unicorns and I believe even less in the Jets ability to select a Dak or Carr. 

assuming: Garrett off board, Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas off board? Malik Hooker? not really a fan there. M Lattimore? Obi M? or a suprise type like that? hopefully a QB goes off the board? than maybe Jamal is in play..... 

6) J Adams

if not I am eyeing: 

Mike Williams

Leonard Fournette

OJ Howard

Trubisky / Watson if we have to???

trade down!!!

17 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Dude is a total stud and I'm finding it hard to feign interest.  Not to be a total debbie, but until we draft a QB, I'm finding it harder and harder to remotely care about anything else. I'm as big of an LSU homer as you'll find, and I just don't care. All I view a non-QB top pick as, a hurdle. Someone who will help this team reach mediocrity quicker, only to lower the chances of getting a top pick when a QB is available to pick. Yes, it would be nice to have a solid team for that ideal moment when a young, talented, franchise QB falls into your lap, but I don't believe in unicorns and I believe even less in the Jets ability to select a Dak or Carr. 

That is depressing but I totally hear ya!

53 minutes ago, rangerous said:

this is the guy the jets need: 

Dates: 03/16/07 
Height: 5114
Weight: 204
40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
20 Yrd Dash: 2.49
10 Yrd Dash: 1.46
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'5"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.08
3-Cone Drill: 6.56

I hate myself for knowing this instantly.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I hate myself for knowing this instantly.

i think the date may have given it away. regardless of how revis performed this past season and all of his contract antics, if the jets land his clone at 6 they'll be doing alright.  i looked it up primarily to see what his combine stats were, especially the 40 since one of the guys being bandied about is pretty slow.

I get Calvin Pryor is a big disappointment.  But could he theorotically affect our decision to take Adams vs Hooker?  Adams seems more a SS from what I read (same as Pryor) and Hooker more a FS.  I know it's easy to dismiss but maybe the Jets are actually tired of stacking 1st rounders at the same position after the Mo/Sheldon tandem-disaster-redundant-wasted-reserources that's occurring right now with Leo.

Archived