"Mark My Words"

TuscanyTile2

On 4/8/2017 at 1:07 PM, jamesr said:

Mark my words - if we pass on OJ Howard we will regret it.

I don't think they will.

Woody and his minions hear the fans scream about all the defensive draft picks.  If OJ Howard is there, they likely pick him, even with Adams on the board. 

Mac and Bowles want to keep their jobs.  OJ Howard can provide the QBs a target that can help the Jets' play.  The Jets can basically add three DBs that make the team in the 2 and 3 rounds.

Mark my words shoring up the ground game will net us minimum 3-5 wins dropping us out of the "tank for Darnold" sweepstakes driving all the "tanking" supporters absolutely insane, and the site will crash with hate forums for the jets when we end up picking at 6 again.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Mark my words:  even if the Jets have a fantastic draft, it will somehow all fall apart very quickly by some extraordinary act of God or terrible luck, or a combination of both, and the franchise will be doomed to many more years of irrelevance,and their fan base doomed to suffer in perpetuity.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:51 AM, Maxman said:

Market my words, Todd Bowles will be back again next year as our head coach.

You know, it's hard enough to market someone's comments or opinions on something as it is but how on earth are we supposed to do this?  Woody is in the UK these day. 

On 4/8/2017 at 11:10 AM, Warfish said:

Mark my words, next years draft class of QB's (the suck for Sam class) will not pan out like people think today, and will (next year) be viewed as no better than this year's class.

And Mark my Words, the Jets will absolutely NOT have the #1 pick in the 2018 draft nor will the Jets trade up for the #1 pick in the draft.

And mark my words, Hack will not start opening day 2017, and will maybe not start at all in 2017 (this one could be a reach on my part).

I'll go against you on this point and say "Mark my words, the 2018 QB draft class will be viewed as much stronger than the 2017 class. 

MARK MY WORRRRRRRRRRRDS:

1. Of their first three draft picks, the Jets will spend two on defensive backs.

2. The Jets will try to trade Hackenberg during the draft and find no takers.

3. The Justice League movie will not surpass 34 on IMDB's metascore.

4. The Patriots will draft Brad Kaaya in the first three rounds and everyone will call it a genius move.

5. The Yankees will fire Joe Girardi in May and replace him with Jim Leyland.

6. The Dow will absolutely crater in July. Fox will blame it on Brexit.

7. Josh McCown will start a minimum of 10 games for the 2017-18 Jets.

8. The Patriots' Christian McCaffrey will have more yards from scrimmage by December 1st than Matt Forte and Bilal Powell will have combined on the season.

9. Jay Bruce, NL MVP.

10. The three players that will be drafted later than the 4th round that will kick major ass: Ardarius Stewart (WR, Alabama), Eddie Vanderdoes (DT, UCLA), and Ben Boulware (LB, Clemson).

11. Cuts: Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Bryce Petty.

12. Yankees trade Gary Sanchez to Detroit for Justin Verlander.

13. Giants: Nathan Peterman; Saints: Deshaun Watson; Cardinals: Deshone Kizer; Texans: Davis Webb; Niners: Pat Mahomes.

14. Darron Lee is moved to OLB to accommodate Jets second third rounder Kendall Beckwith. Lee splits time with Jets first third rounder Ryan Anderson.

15. Carolina Panthers execute a trade for Josh Gordon.

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

13. Giants: Nathan Peterman; Saints: Deshaun Watson; Cardinals: Deshone Kizer; Texans: Davis Webb; Niners: Pat Mahomes

This is such a clear rich-getting-richer scenario that I have absolutely no doubt that this is exactly how the draft will go.

• 5 months later...

Instead of a thread, make a database or something. Make it so that every time someone starts a sentence with that exact phrase, it automatically puts that post, and populates the user's data into a spreadsheet or something.

That way, when people make dumb predictions, we can call them out 6 years later.

Archived