Report: Jets Shut out of Prime Time

JetNation

helmet.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

It appears New York Jets fans aren’t the only ones who aren’t all that fired up to watch Gang Green take the field in 2017.

As fans await the official release of the NFL schedule tonight, New York Jets beat writer Brian Costello of the New York post says that a source has confirmed to him that the Jets will be opening their season on the road against the Buffalo Bills.

More interesting however, is that Costello says for the first time since 2007, the Jets will not have a Monday night game on their schedule, and the same goes for prime time Sunday contests.

The only chance the Jets will have of playing in front of a national audience will be if a late-season game is flexed to prime time.

Don’t hold your breath on that one.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
B2Eu4YG36J8

Click here to read the full story...

helmet.jpgBy Glenn Naughton

It appears New York Jets fans aren’t the only ones who aren’t all that fired up to watch Gang Green take the field in 2017.
As fans await the official release of the NFL schedule tonight, New York Jets beat writer Brian Costello of the New York post says that a source has confirmed to him that the Jets will be opening their season on the road against the Buffalo Bills.

More interesting however, is that Costello says for the first time since 2007, the Jets will not have a Monday night game on their schedule, and the same goes for prime time Sunday contests.
The only chance the Jets will have of playing in front of a national audience will be if a late-season game is flexed to prime time.
Don’t hold your breath on that one.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITsB2Eu4YG36J8Click here to read the full story...

Good news for you and me Glenn. You still have to get used to staying up till 3am to watch the Jets lose remember.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Night time games mean I don't get to watch the game due to the time difference in the UK.

Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of opinion. :D

Just had the same thought.  I always hate the 1am starts to stay up and watch them lose and then go in to work tired as hell.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Just had the same thought.  I always hate the 1am starts to stay up and watch them lose and then go in to work tired as hell.

Last year was quite a blessing ... hardly saw a game after Hallowe'en due to the schedule.

Would still like the option to choose how much suffering to endure this year though - I want to see how individual players look, even if the game results are poor.

Just now, jamesr said:

Last year was quite a blessing ... hardly saw a game after Hallowe'en due to the schedule.

Would still like the option to choose how much suffering to endure this year though - I want to see how individual players look, even if the game results are poor.

Same here.  This season is more about watching the kids grow.

Another kick in the crotch for Jets fans we are the most resilient fans in the NFL and we keep coming back for more. 

The NFL avoided us the embarrassment in Prime Time. 

On a high note @SAR I he wont have to sell any tickets to opposing teams fans as he hates attending night games. :D

Fitting considering we'll be an 7-8 win team that no one cares about.  Not good enough to be in the playoff hunt and not bad enough to be at the top of the draft.

Another boring mess brought to you by Todd Bowles.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Another kick in the crotch for Jets fans we are the most resilient fans in the NFL and we keep coming back for more. 

The NFL avoided us the embarrassment in Prime Time. 

On a high note @SAR I he wont have to sell any tickets to opposing teams fans as he hates attending night games. :D

I like attending night games, I don't like attending games alone.

Night games mean my wife and kids can't join me and it's rather lonely with 3 empty seats next to me (though it's fun to text security to get trespassers out of my seats).

SAR I

Archived